Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    How much money did i earn in March?
    Anyone know how to answer this simple question? I used to rely on the Payment Reports to tell me, but apparently Linkshare is doing away with them. The Sales and Activity Report is not accurate so I have no way of knowing. Am I supposed to just wait until I receive my consolidated check near the end of May?

I'd like to know so that I can make business decisions on which merchant to push and which to drop. Without knowing how much money I made for each, this is hard to do.

15 years and counting
    This was posted by Tracy in an other forum.

Starting with March, they are no longer posting the Payments in the "Payment Report" section of LS. To find out what they've collected so that you can be paid, you have to use the SynergyAnalytics BETA link in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. This report seems to tell the story:

(1) Click on NETWORK TRANSACTION ANALYSIS tab
    (2) Select PARTNER PAYMENT DISTRIBUTION
    (3) Select BEGIN DATE (I always select 1/1/2005)
    (4) Select END DATE (3/31/2005)

You should see three columns. One for Jan-05, Feb-05 and Mar-05.
    It doesn't tell all the story for March, but it's good for the merchants NOT using LS check cutting services.

Thank you Zeus. I missed the other post by Tracy.

Jazz T.

Thank you for the information. Does this report seem to be accurate?

15 years and counting
    seven-link - Does this report seem to be accurate?
    NO - Let me tell you why. I've some deactivated merchants, and I know for sure I'm not going to be paid by these people or LinkShare but the report includes these commissions. Will be too much if it was done correctly.

Also, don't expect to see how much you're going to be paid by merchants working with LS for check printing. It's blank. Then, don't throw away your old calculator. They are not able to do the calculation for you.
    If you're an OS affiliate, too bad, you don't know how much you made in March, even if the check was sent to LS.

PS: I checked a few past months with my other reports, synergy analytics don't report correctly the amount earned with each merchant. What's that.

I just ran the report and March is showing that i'm getting paid for only one merchant. There should be 20 or so. I looked at February numbers and about half are correct. For the incorrect ones, the reports all show more revenue than the Payment Report. I hope Linkshare gets their act together.

Zeus, thank you for your message. Does this mean I do not need to check the old Payment report any more? And, the 03-2005 column of mine is empty??? Also want to confirm that from now on, I will receive ONE check from LS each month, which combins all checks of merchants, right?

Thumbs down
    Quote Originally Posted by concorde
    Zeus, thank you for your message. Does this mean I do not need to check the old Payment report any more? And, the 03-2005 column of mine is empty??? Also want to confirm that from now on, I will receive ONE check from LS each month, which combins all checks of merchants, right?
    I understand the combined checks will cover only the merchants that are participating.

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Only if the merchants met the cut off date for consolidation, if not...they may be sending checks to us as usual

I dunno

Isn't it sad that we're still asking how much we earned in March when it's already May? Linkshare certainly did a terrible job with this implementation. It doesn't make me happy that my check is going to arrive 1 month late. Especially when it contains a very important bonus that I earned back in December.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

The report only shows what LinkShare has collected from the merchants to date. I only have one showing too.

I'm guessing that as payments are received, they will appear on that report. The frustrating part of all this is I can't find a report that tells me how much I can expect to be paid. Anybody run any of the other reports to find that information?

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    It doesn't make me happy that my check is going to arrive 1 month late. Especially when it contains a very important bonus that I earned back in December.
    I could say something very similar:

I'm extremely upset that the consolidated check is going to take an extra month to arrive. Especially since it might contain several bonuses I earned in Q4 which were supposed to be paid by 4/15. I don't have any way of knowing for sure, though, because I can't access the blasted Payment Report, which is the only place where bonuses show up!!!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Outsourced Program Manager
    If any EasyClick affiliates would like to know what they are getting from us, please feel free to PM, IM, Email, or call me and I would be more then happy to let you know.

Thanks,

Michael

15 years and counting
    Concorde - Does this mean I do not need to check the old Payment report any more?
    It means you CAN"T check the old Payment report after Feb 2005.

I started using this report on March 2001, I think the first day it was made available to affiliates. It was one of the best tools at LinkShare. Took them at least 3 years to do it and it's gone.

Now, Gloria, if you're looking at this thread, tell me where I can find the following information:
    Checks Mailed By, Commission Earned This Period, Balance Carried Forward, Merchant Adjustment, Total, Status of Payment

By the way Concorde, I like your avatar. Mine is a picture taken from my office on LeJeune Road, Miami (end of the runway) on the last take off from MIA.

Again, the problem is that LS introduced something before they were fully ready to implement it. Heck, our new reports system is still BETA and can't give us current reports. And it's not just us affiliates that are frustrated. Merchants are getting unhappy emails from affiliates, merchants are having to spend time finding earnings reports for affiliates instead of using their time building thier programs. Affiliates are wasting their time searching for reports that don't exist.

What a mess!

You know, LS has collected thousands and thousands of dollars of affiliate commissions from merchants that they will have in their posession for nearly a month before we get paid. I think it only fair that LS pay us the going savings account rate for the commissions that I should have received already and won't be getting for weeks. No, I demand it!!! And so should everyone else. My bank would not let me be a month late on my car loan without some kind of interest payment. This is a business for us and LS needs to treat us like business partners.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I bet Linkshare employees wouldn't wait an extra month or two for their paychecks if Linkshare were switching their payroll over to direct deposit.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I just sent an email to LS support (everyone stop laughing) and Mr. Messer insisting that if they are going to withhold payments I should have received in April then I am due interest.

Business is business! I'm tired of being treated differently.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    I just sent an email to LS support (everyone stop laughing)

What are you on? It must be pretty good stuff if it makes you think you will ever hear from LS.

Tell us what it is so we can all try it.

Actually, I did get a response. The same day, no doubt. I am in shock. Someone call 911.

Of course, LS will not be paying me any interest on my commissions they will be holding for nearly a month:

From Linet, Affiliate Support Consultant
    Affiliates have complained about not having consolidated payments and direct deposit for years. LinkShare now has a process in place to make that happen. At the end of March 2005, all merchant thresholds were dropped to $0 in preparation of consolidated payments. Consolidated payments is the first step of getting commissions to you in a faster and timely manner. Consolidated payments will also alleviate the issue of depositing several checks at a time. After consolidated payments has been rolled out and processed smoothly, we will roll out the option of direct deposits. Please be advised that interest is not earned off of funds remitted for affiliate payments. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and look forward to a smoother transition of getting commissions to you.

Thank you.
    Problem is, they keep our commissions for certain merchants for almost a month so they can get "commissions to you in a faster and timely manner." If it was not such a serious matter it would be funny.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you ...
    Okay, Linet, how about they withhold hundreds of dollars from your next paycheck? Oh, no problem...it's all in the name of getting smoother transitions of getting paychecks to me. Yeah, like every LS employee would agree with that one.

Okay, LS, here's the deal. I'm shuting down all my LS sites until you pay me and I'm letting all my merchants know it. If I can't win in this situation, no one can. The merchants don't get sales and you don't get your cut either. This is a matter of principal. I'm tired of being screwed by Linkshare.

Who knows, maybe I'll find some replacement merchants elsewhere in the process.
    Last edited by Ron Bechdolt; May 3rd, 2005 at 11:21 PM.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

7-Days wrote:
    Problem is, they keep our commissions for certain merchants for almost a month so they can get "commissions to you in a faster and timely manner." If it was not such a serious matter it would be funny
    Doesn't CJ pay once a month also? How can a network make consolidated payments work otherwise. Or are you arguing against consolidated payments? I don't get your point!

marcellle

Marcelle,

Good Question. Normally I would have received a payment from LS for some merchants for March in the fourth week of April (just a little later than CJ). What is happening with LS is that payment is now going to arrive sometime in mid May, nearly a month later than CJ does it. LS is keeping a significant amount of commissions in their bank account for nearly a month.

Now, I received word from one LS merchant that their payments to affiliates would be one to one and half weeks later than normal. If that was true, that check would be in my mailbox today. I seriously doubt a check will be arriving any time soon.

Consolidated checks are great, but I'm now being paid nearly a month later that I was before for at least two of my LS merchants.

Does anyone else see anything wrong with this picture? If you were an employee and they told you they were going to delay your paycheck by another three to four weeks, would you stand for that?

7-Days wrote
    Does anyone else see anything wrong with this picture? If you were an employee and they told you they were going to delay your paycheck by another three to four weeks, would you stand for that?
    7-Days,
    I agree! I am frustrated as hell and also stressed out because I cannot meet my payments without getting paid by LS. The stress and frustration notwithstanding, I am willing to absorb this a one-month ONE-TIME delay especially that I have no choice. In the future once this process is in place I expect to be paid on time every month.

marcelle

If LS was really thinking about us they would do a Direct Deposit every week of merchants that have paid. Now that would be something to cheer about.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Weekly payment sounds like an overkill. I'll be more than happy with bimonthly payments as the case is with Performics

marcelle

I brought up the frequency of payments and how that would cause additional delays in the original announcement post.

What I think would work best would be for Linkshare to allow affiliates to set up rules (or select from several pre-defined options) telling when they would get paid.

For instance, someone might set up a rule set that says: Pay me every week that I have $1000 or more in accumulated earnings. Pay me on the last week of the month if I have at least $100 in accumulated earnings. Pay me on the last week of the year no matter how much I have accumulated.

Someone else might set up rules that say: Pay me on the first week of each month when I have at least $100 in accumulated earnings. Pay me on the last week of the year no matter how much I have accumulated.

Someone else might set up rules that say: Pay me twice a month no matter how much I have accumulated.

Ongoing, Linkshare says they plan on paying twice a month no matter how much is owed (like the last example). I think that's a decent first step, but that they could make the process much more efficient in the future by implementing rule-based weekly payments and having the default option be similar to my first example.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast