More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Latest Search Engine Stats
    Neilson Ratings unchanged (statistically) from January.
    Google 47%
    Yahoo 21%
    MSN 14%
    AOL 5%
    OTHER 13% Including My Way 1.7%, a newcomer
    See http://searchenginewatch.com/reports...le.php/2156451
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Cheesehead. If one of the search engines would come on board here I am quite sure they would get the support of all the members here. As members we could help clean up their search engines by way of advising them of irrelivent pages and scumware.

ABW Ambassador
    ?

ABW Ambassador
    >If one of the search engines would come on board here...

With the possible exception of Tim Mayer, I would NEVER trust any search engine PR clown with information of any kind.

just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by mailman
    Cheesehead. If one of the search engines would come on board here I am quite sure they would get the support of all the members here. As members we could help clean up their search engines by way of advising them of irrelivent pages and scumware.
    I'm not quite sure what you are saying here. I am just reporting what is happening among users on the web. By the looks of things there are no changes in search habits whatsoever.
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Basically what I am saying there is little or no communication from the search engines.
    I have tried many times to contact someone regarding an issue and all I get is a song and dance. It would be nice to speak to someone on the same level we have here. Thats all I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by mailman
    Basically what I am saying there is little or no communication from the search engines.
    I have tried many times to contact someone regarding an issue and all I get is a song and dance. It would be nice to speak to someone on the same level we have here. Thats all I meant.
    I believe in the eyes of those that run the major search engines we are but children of old: We shall speak when we are spoken to.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Personally I'm glad NOT to see Googleg*y or any other SE wank messing up this forum. I could hardly stand to look at WMW because of all the butt-kissing, and I read many negative reports here about that board becoming ultra-censored so as not to "offend" Mr. Special Googleg*y.

No thanks to having some joker around who can disappear a site into the Netherworld of Google if someone says their algo is screwed or that it's under the influence of money! Imagine if you told him some of the kinds of stuff Todd @ CJ gets, and then your site mysteriously evaporated!

I prefer not to get toooo close to people who can drop a site 1,000,000 ranks if they don't like what was said.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    >If one of the search engines would come on board here...

It wouldn't help any, and what you would probably get is people ratting out other affiliate sites knowing they could get the search engine reps attention - possibly sites of fellow members.

If I'm not mistaken, Ben Edelman was one of the speakers at the SES in either NY or Chicago. If he continues to be in future, there's a possible *in* to get a message across, but frankly I don't think the engines care particularly about individual sites or people or what the adwhores do.

I completely agree with Leader.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    I could hardly stand to look at WMW because of all the butt-kissing, and I read many negative reports here about that board becoming ultra-censored so as not to "offend" Mr. Special Googleg*y.

W*bM*st*rW*rld is run by a bunch of sissies not wanting to take a chance on offending anyone. <SNIP><SNIP><SNIP>

Unlike ABW, which is really cool and useful.

"No Guts, No Glory!"

Best,
    RadarCat, Webmaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

ABW Ambassador
    >not wanting to take a chance on offending anyone.

BS
    BT has offended many good people. LOL
    Where are all the old Mods???

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread