Todd, How was your weekend? Ours was long...
    Hello Todd,
    I hope you are doing well. We are getting a bit frustrated here. As you can see in the threads, we are seeing drop in sales, low EPCs problems with reporting etc, etc. Every time there is an UPGRADE (That's what you guys call it..) there is a problem. Why?
    What is going on? Why CJ (a public company) can't invest money in better servers, IT people that know what they are doing and some tech guys working over the weekends?
    I averaged $xxx.xx every Saturday. This Saturday it was $0. First time since 1998. What the hell happened? I thought it was a nightmare when I saw the report. BTW I am not going to email you guys anymore because everytime I get an answer: "Looks good on our end and we don't see any issues with your account. Reporting is delayed and tracking is functi.....(You get the point). I guess you guys have a teplate of answers and don't even look in the issues. Just Cut and Paste.
    Some affiliates are doing good and don't seem to have problems with sales. Is it because this are NOT the same ones that had a difficulty to log in the other day and the issue was with the particular server?
    I don't know. Maybe you do...
    I just want you to answer a very simple question. Forget about the Screensavers nad Ebates. Obviously you are not allowed to answer this question. But do you think we deserve a better service? New, more robust servers and assurance that upgrades like the one in February and the last one won't happen again?
    Have a nice day

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Here's my take on all these upgrade/update fiscos. NONE are implemented or needed for the legit CJ affiliates or the legit honest CJ merchant's ...NADA a one! The tracking cookie set and reporting/parsing checkout page script is the same as always. It worked then and now.

The reason for ugrades/updates is to service the data mining apps, so important to ValueClicks (CJ/BF) SEO & SEM side marketing deals, and demands of their BHO and search bar PPCSE partnerships...period.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

NONE are implemented or needed for the legit CJ affiliates or the legit honest CJ merchant's ...NADA a one!
    Exactly Mike spot on. I've thought this for the last two years at least, glad to find someone else thinks the same as me. The sudden decision of CJ to start mining/crawling our sites to see if WE were up to anything fishy sounded plausible until we noticed that not a frggin one parasite or cookie stuffer got wacked.
    Then the realisation hit home, either their software was crap or it was plain and simply they wanted to sell the info gathered to the highest bidder.

Now Valueclick are in the picture it figures.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

For what it's worth, it was a good weekend in the Philly area.

Communicating any of your frustrations to CJ does not accomplish anything at all..

The only way to get the desired results is to
    Just get rid of CJ.. period.. there is no other option..
    Either do not advertise for any merchant that is with CJ...
    Or try your best to get the merchant to move to either an inhouse program or another network that is more honest and reliable.

You think this last saturday was a loss..??
    Wait until the middle of the holiday shopping season and CJ decides to "UPGRADE" and they just shut down for two or three days..

There is NO CURE for the disease that CJ has..
    and no amount of talking is going to make any difference..!

Venting on this board only allows this to go on longer...
    You vent and then go back and work for them..
    1 month later you get frustrated and vent again.. the same thing over and over..
    It's time to actually DO SOMETHING.....

Think about it -- if CJ was your online bank and everytime you made a deposit you had to "WATCH" and see if it actually went into your account.. or you had to constantly monitor everything and correct mistakes.. go through days of down time and slow reports that where not accurate.. would you continue to bank with them..?
    I don't see any difference here..

ABW Ambassador
    Well, venting also lets other people know (warn) of the problems and when you post your problems, others might be having the same problems so you can compare notes. I like to see merchants offering inhouse alternatives. Evitamins is a perfect example. Program at CJ, inhouse program. And the inhouse program is better, they give better reports, pay on time, no problems. They offered up the option, i took it.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyburbs
    For what it's worth, it was a good weekend in the Philly area.
    Just fine down here as well.

Shawn Kerr (.com) | Disney World | SEC Football

Quote Originally Posted by AddHandler
    Communicating any of your frustrations to CJ does not accomplish anything at all....
    I agree.
    Thread (I am Sick of CJ...) that I just started was closed.
    Let's post the links to In-house Programs in this thread
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...982#post431982

Better yet just get the MERCHANTS to give us OPTIONS...

GIVE US OPTIONS and let the chips fall where they may..!
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=57673

Talk to all your merchants and keep talking until they do something!

FREEDOM OF CHOICE IS THE BEST FILTER!!!!

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread