internal error ae.pl
    Installed this twice with same results get internal server error.
    Have installed as the docs....set permissions on files plus aternative permissions suggested both in cute ftp,and cpanel.
    the associate program is installed on linux server domain/cgi-bin/ae/....
    the path to perl specified in files is correct according to my host.
    My error log shows these errors:
    [error] [client 63.93.58.155] Premature end of script headers: ae.pl
    [error][client 63.93.58.155] fopen: Permission denied

Any help getting me up and running?

Re-unzip the .zip file then reupload the ae.pl file using ASCII transfer mode. See also http://www.c3scripts.com/amazon/500

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano

Done that already.....All files were uploaded from computer following install docs to the letter!

Use the contact us form and let me know your domain name and the full ae.pl URL.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

Hi satrider,

It sounds like you have the same issues as I had. This is a permissions issue and it may not be with the ae files. It may be with the CGI-BIN directory it self. Depending on your server you may need to reset or have them reset. Also check or have checked that your Owner and Group of the directory and files are correct. You can set permissions all day long, but if the files (and or directories) Owner/Group are wrong it will drive you nuts.

Do you have other scripts that work, if you do then you can do a compare of the files info to how the AE files permissions (including Owner/Group) look.

Mike

Thanks Mike....I know my permissions are correct. I run other .pl scripts in the cgi-bin with no problem just can't get this one to run. Seems perl, and I do not get along.
    I did contact my ISP about the module LWP::Simple and it was installed today, but still can't connect to ae.pl
    I may just try reinstalling the whole thing now, and try cgi-bin/ae.pl instead of cgi-bin/ae/ae.pl
    One thing I do not understand is this in the install procedure #8:

"Access ae.pl in your web browser then check to see if the ae-cache directory is still empty. If it is, then use CHMOD 777"

Well it is empty in either permission case(in ftp)......
    So are all the other files in the zip suppose to be in this file without installing them manually?

I have even manually installed the rest of the files in the zip to cgi-bin but still the same.

Install test.pl and see if it works.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

Hi Satrider,

What that step does is to see if ae.pl can write cache files to cgi-bin/ae-cache/
    directory . When you invoke ae.pl (a working one) from the web browser ae.pl writes caching files to the ae-cache directory if it does not write the files then the permissions of that directory need to be changed hence the suggestion to change the directory permissions for ae-cache to 777.
    There are no files that you need to put in that directory. they are written on the fly by ae.pl each time it is accessed (executed).

I like your idea of putting them in the ae files and associated directeries in the root of cgi-bin, sometimes creating a sub-directory in the cgi-bin via FTP does not always work. Some server configurations do not create "cgi-bin" sub-directorys via ftp correclty, I shutter to think in the last 10 years how many frustrating hours I have spent when it was the sub directory was the whole problem. I do most of my stuff now via Shell (Telnet) access but I know that is not always possible for some.

Lets us know how it goes, I know the scripts work on different servers satrider, I have tested it on shared hosting (x 3) and have it running on my dedicated server.

If you like, maybe I can help you, can contact me at
    megamike (at) tampabay.rr.com I am in the US (Florida) I am sure with our two heads we can figure it out.

Mike

Hi Mike
    I have installed the script in the main cgi-bin folder using no sub directory, I am now getting the 500 error.
    I know I have installed correctly,and sure the permissions are correct, but just can't get it to work.
    I have even tried another (non cgi-bin)script that uses php, and can access the admin.php, but gives me the dns error when trying to access the shop.php.
    So needless to say I am at a loss for words! because similiar scripts installed previous are running ok.
    I have come to the conclusion that something has gone astray with my server.
    I have contacted my server to have them take a look to see if there is a glitch, and hopefully get it running.

Hey Hey...I fianally got this script installed,and running!...it was my server. Guess they were setting permissions on scripts I was running because they were shutting down the server,and thousands of websites to boot.
    I changed servers last night, and all the scripts I use are all working super!

Feel kinda like a ghost hacker that caused a lot of havoc without even knowing!!

And Dave I like this script!! you will probably be getting in to my pockets soon!LOL

Thats great news satrider.

All the best,

Mike

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread