Talking Time Traveler Convention.
    The Time Traveler Convention.

The Time Traveler Convention
    May 7, 2005, 10:00pm EDT (08 May 2005 02:00:00 UTC)
    (event starts at 8:00pm)
    East Campus Courtyard, MIT
    42:21:36.025N, 71:05:16.332W
    (42.360007,-071.087870 in decimal degrees)

What is it?

Technically, you would only need one time traveler convention. Time travelers from all eras could meet at a specific place at a specific time, and they could make as many repeat visits as they wanted. We are hosting the first and only Time Traveler Convention at MIT in one week, and WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Why do you need my help?

We need you to help PUBLICIZE the event so that future time travelers will know about the convention and attend. This web page is insufficient; in less than a year it will be taken down when I graduate, and futhermore, the World Wide Web is unlikely to remain in its present form permanently. We need volunteers to publish the details of the convention in enduring forms, so that the time travelers of future millennia will be aware of the convention. This convention can never be forgotten! We need publicity in MAJOR outlets, not just Internet news. Think New York Times, Washington Post, books, that sort of thing. If you have any strings, please pull them.
    I'm willing to help the Time Traveler Convention, so here is the link: http://web.mit.edu/adorai/timetraveler/

Now just remember this: We might meet in the Future, so be nice in the Present and don't forget the Past.

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    Actually, there would not be any need for publicizing it after May 7th, because anyone that was comimg to it would have already been there. If future time travelers showed up at it that means they will learn about it in their future time frame one way or the other (perhaps from history books), and if they did not show up for it then they would not show up no matter how much you publicized it.

Also, if the convention is set up like Milliway's - the restaurant at the end of the universe (see the 2nd Hitchhiker's Guide book), time travelers can attend the same convention as often as they want and never have to worry about bumping into themselves.
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

ABW Ambassador
    The link Sal posted is what happens when you can't get laid.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread