Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Internet Cowboy
    More CJ problems?
    I see no clicks, no impressions no nothing for today. By 8 a.m. there is always some activity.
    Anyone else see this?

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Web site performance for Today
    All Web Sites
    No data found

15 years and counting
    I noticed that, too. Everything was working fine yesterday. Reporting delays were between 35 minutes and 1 hour, sales were up big time.
    And this morning it's over.

you know its none of my business but,,,
    i watch all the time about CJ. complaints..
    either you are in to deep and cant afford to kick them..
    or, you murdered someone and they know you did it ..
    and are blackmailing you...

or do they have a plus side
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

We've had opposite. Today is back to normal, the previous 2 days were well below the norm. I have this nagging suspicion that sales are being tracked, but the dates/times assigned them are not accurate. Like, the sale came through 2 days ago, but they list it as today.

agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    you know its none of my business but,,,
    i watch all the time about CJ. complaints..
    either you are in to deep and cant afford to kick them..
    or, you murdered someone and they know you did it ..
    and are blackmailing you...

or do they have a plus side
    I am weaning myself off cj and it takes time because some of their merchants are favorites.

15 years and counting
    No wonder why I'm not getting sales this morning, there's already a 5 hours delay in reporting.
    Event Date: 3-May-2005 00:15 PDT
    Posting Date: 3-May-2005 05:37 PDT

Internet Cowboy
    Same here
    3-May-2005 00:44 PDT 3-May-2005 05:38 PDT

ABW Ambassador
    Don't know what to say. Yesterday started out normal for me then a 5 hour gap of sales came from 3 - 8 again. Then 5 sales with event dates 20:08 - 20:48 show up and then not 1 sale since. Before update it was rare i wouldn't get sales every hour. I still have 3 sales still stuck in the Website Performance reports that i mentioned yesterday from Saturday that they finally put up a message about. Now i'm probably one of the least technically proficient people in here and sometimes we joke about bad servers and some people say that seriously. Looking at past posts this update was supposed to catch up 24 hrs. after it was done. Messages were there all week after you logged in.

Yesterday - we have reports not in sync.
    "I can verify that performance and txn reports are not always in synch with each other but if a txn is in one report, it will eventually show up in the other report. "

During the update not only was reporting was behind but then you had people posting:
    "Can't Export Reports to Excel" with the response

"I will have this investigated. Thanks for noticing." I'm still holding out hope this is something CJ should notice.

Then you had people posting:
    "All Advertisers 7 day EPC Stuck at April 22
    Check it out. It has not been updated since the upgrade. LOL" with the response

"I am sure it will update tonight. It was probably out of synch after the upgrade. I will double check though."

Now we got reporting delays again, beautiful. Going back to bed, it's not noon yet.

"Thanks for noticing"

After 15 months you'd think that *somebody* would "notice".

Internet Cowboy
    I am seeing txns now with a 1:20 delay which is normal, but still no click or impression data. It appears that each night as the CJ servers update (or whatever servers do each night) something hangs up.
    I still wonder what's up with clicks and imps.

apparently not all machines are in sync yet.

I just had my first sale come in from the wee hours of the morning. It has a 3:20 delay.

My clicks and imprressions are way down (60-70%) and yesterday was the poorest day of sales in well over a month.

I'm still not sure if it is CJ or the Search Engines. With around 100 active sites it is a lot of work to keep track of all my visitor stats.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

It would be nice if the merchants would give us the option of another network or inhouse program...

that way the networks would have to compete to be the most reliable..

The networks that didn't have their sh/t together would just go out of business for lack of business... just like in the real world!

Still don't have a batch processed since FRIDAY..

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by AddHandler
    It would be nice if the merchants would give us the option of another network or inhouse program...

that way the networks would have to compete to be the most reliable..

The networks that didn't have their sh/t together would just go out of business for lack of business... just like in the real world!

Still don't have a batch processed since FRIDAY..
    The networks make money whether their merchants and affiliate are making money or not. So why would they care how they're performing?

I think affiliates are becoming fed up with the networks and their BS. Although they don't act like it, networks wouldn't be in business without their affiliates. I think once merchants and affiliates starting moving towards new solutions (yes, they're out there) we will see the fall of major networks.

Look closely and you'll see it's already starting to happen.

- Eder

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Chicken
    "Thanks for noticing"
    After 15 months you'd think that *somebody* would "notice".
    That "Thanks for noticing" was in response to the fact that when the Export Reports function was working again, the reports no longer included the times with the dates. I noticed on the first report I downloaded, so it was only a matter of hours, not 15 months, that it was a problem, and it was corrected.

The networks make money whether their merchants and affiliate are making money or not. So why would they care how they're performing?
    thats why we went with shareasale..
    if you dont make, they dont make,
    if we dont, they dont,
    kinda gives everyone that incentive to work...

why is Brian and co. always around to sort things...
    its good that they work that way...

i am honestly amazed that you lot put up with
    them... you will end up
    Shareasale Merchant 7191

Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    thats why we went with shareasale..
    if you dont make, they dont make,
    if we dont, they dont,
    kinda gives everyone that incentive to work...

why is Brian and co. always around to sort things...
    its good that they work that way...

i am honestly amazed that you lot put up with
    them... you will end up
    I started out as an affiliate using ClickBank, LinkShare and CJ and jumped ship a while ago.

Logging back into ClickBank after using superior software for so long is a joke.
    The reporting is less than sub-par. Up until a couple months ago you couldn't pull a report for longer than 8 days... seriously 8 days... now they've "upgraded" to a 16 day report. I could serve better reporting on an etch-a-sketch.

Affiliate management is another story. Most networks wouldn't even know the definition of affiliate management if I tattooed it on the inside of their eyelids. I was an affiliate for years and didn't know there was such thing as an affiliate manager until I got into affiliate management.

Affiliates need to know there are programs out there where someone is there to back you up, where your success is their greatest interest.

Merchants need to realize the tracking software they use should be held to a higher standard. Why does anyone accept delayed payments, untracked sales, downtime and poor reporting. We are tracking money here; would you accept the same from your bank?

- Eder

eder - "The networks make money whether their merchants and affiliate are making money or not. So why would they care how they're performing?"

EXACTLY that is the way it is NOW....
    BUT----
    If all Merchants had multiple accounts with multiple networks..

The reliable networks would have the most affiliates marketing their sites..
    after awhile the merchants would see that no one is using "Network "A"" because they suck.. so the merchant closes the account with that Network.. if all merchants did this - the least reliable networks would slowly go out of business because of lack of reliability... leaving the most reliable network standing...

Just like in the real world.. Competition is always the best filter to weed out the businesses that don't do a good job of taking care of their customers.. WE are the networks CUSTOMERS.. without AFFILIATES why would a merchant sign up with a NETWORK.. if the network could not provide affiliates because of their inability to be reliable... they would in turn lose the merchants and go out of business....

Give us a choice and let the chips fall where they may...

Neil - I would love to do a huge switch to ALL Share A Sale merchants..
    I would do this TODAY -- if I could find merchants that fit my NICHE at Share A Sale...

Hell - if I could find only ONE merchant at Share A Sale that fit my niche and had a big enough product line to support my sites.. I would throw the rest of my merchants on the scrap pile and just advertise for the one merchant on Share a Sale... but that is not an option YET.. I watch them closely and you can rest assured that if and when they have a merchant that fits my NICHE.. I will scrap the rest and go with the Share A Sale Merchant.. I already have the traffic all I need is a good merchant on a reliable network!

Quote Originally Posted by AddHandler
    eder - "The networks make money whether their merchants and affiliate are making money or not. So why would they care how they're performing?"

EXACTLY that is the way it is NOW....
    BUT----
    If all Merchants had multiple accounts with multiple networks..

The reliable networks would have the most affiliates marketing their sites..
    after awhile the merchants would see that no one is using "Network "A"" because they suck.. so the merchant closes the account with that Network.. if all merchants did this - the least reliable networks would slowly go out of business because of lack of reliability... leaving the most reliable network standing...
    Why would anyone spend $5,000 - $10,000 to join each network knowing most are going to suck, then have to move everything to the one network they picked, a network in which all their top affiliates are available for for any other merchant to take.

The alternative is to spend around $1,500 on quality software, sign up for affiliate recruitment and management where a firm will customize an affiliate program to fit your needs, recruit high quality affiliates (in your niche/demographic) and most importantly help you keep them.

This sounds like a smarter solution to me.

- Eder

When we first looked into affiliate marketing
    we looked at all options.
    going indie, getting software, going with the big networks,
    we looked at everything..

we did not try on our own, as it would be to much money and work.
    we did not go with the big networks for many many reasons no trust,parasites etc etc.
    so we opted for the middle.
    and i think it was the right choice with shareasale.
    i am sure in the not so distant future shareasale will grow very big.
    people will move.
    We have done very well with shareasale affiliates.
    we are happy that we sign around 3 new affilliates a day. build slowly slowly..
    but we are aware that if,,THEY DONT MAKE MONEY, WE DONT MAKE MONEY.. so we look after them,,, otherwise they will leave.

i am sorry to say,,
    that them big networks have you by the bo??ocks
    and the sooner you have a chioce the better
    Shareasale Merchant 7191

Why would anyone spend $5,000 - $10,000 to join each network knowing most are going to suck
    My opinion is a lot of merchants do not really know anything or very little about affiliate programs and when the CJ or Linkshare sales guys have finished telling them their lies (oops!! sorry) spin, they think they are on a good thing especially when you have Networks like CJ promoting the hell out of parasites like eb*tes and casually forgetting to mention the fact that the biggest percentage of their sales are stolen from other affiliates and indeed from the merchants themselves.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

CJ or Linkshare sales guys have finished telling them their lies (oops!! sorry) spin,

I think that cute little penguin face has saved your ass on more than one occasion lol
    Shareasale Merchant 7191

Gordon, if you insinuate that I, my sales team, or our company in general are liars one more time, I will have you banned from posting here. I am tired of this and will not say it again to you.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast