Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Does AdSense work....and how much?
    Hey all,

My site gets maybe 40 000 targeted visitors a month and am thinking about adding adsense....what do ya think?

And anyone know how much it pays

Thanx

Cool
    if you don't know, all we're supposed to discuss are gross figures, not EPC. if you have content on those pages and no other content-generated ads, you might want to try it. I used to get several to ten bucks a day on my sites (not busy compared to others) but it has slipped in the past year to an average of a dollar a day. too many factors involved to discuss further in that direction.

in general, though, a single clickthrough could bring in a few pennies or more than a few dollars, depending on how hard up the merchants are for business. I assum pharm and a few other categories can pay off well.

there's a forum for it here, too.

Yeah I know....Well I applied for it and will let ya know how I do....right now I am doing nothing from them so....even if it is a buck a day.....its a buck a day more than I had yesterday....

Diddy

Cool
    they have lotsa tools waiting for you. and if your site is extremely content-heavy there is a search box that can be made to search your site before looking out at the Web.

if you have more than one site look at their tracking methods before using them. it is possible to track by url only, and also by special coded ad patches.

you can then find which pages pay off best with which types of ad presentations.

For the right type of site and with the proper usage AS works pretty good. I always used to think of it as chump change, a few dollars here and there but then it started adding up into "real money" as I learned some techniques. The check from them that I just deposited today was pretty tasty. :-)
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

I like that.....gonna see what I can do...anything is better than nothing

Don't do it.

It does take proper context and placement. It will hurt the conversion of regular affiliate links on the same page, as least from what I've seen.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

when I put it on a page that contains merchant links it is found at the very bottom.

I'm only in the process of doing it on a content page regarding "XBRL" (an XML variant only interesting to financial types). Too niche for commodity aff, but may get me some specialty tool merchants. I wouldn't dare put AS on my PalmOS Tungsten page, too many possibilities for proper aff.
    [LEFT]Scott :tartanber [URL=http://www.scotthamilton.net]My Vanity Page[/URL][/LEFT]

I had it, when I switched to Earthlink DSL from msn, they can't find any record of my account, also the weekly ad words, I found setting the meta tags for each page on my 5 sites work just as well.
    JJ

I have no affiliate marketing on these pages......so I am making nada on them now

Just getting lotsa traffic

If you're not making any money with the site now, what's the harm in trying?

I built a targeted site around 2000/2001 for a particular CJ merchant.. They up and left the party about a month after the site was released, and there were no other suitable merchants around to pick up the slack.. About a year ago I thought I'd throw some adsense ads on it, and it's been bringing in $300 a month ever since..

It'll depend greatly on what your market is as to what you get out of it, but the site I mentioned above is far from being one of my better adsense performers, and it covers a very normal topic that you'd assume wouldn't provide much of a return..

It really comes down to the type of traffic you have. I have one site that gets about double your traffic and it earns about $60/month. I have another site that gets maybe 10% of your traffic and earns almost $40/month. Just consider your audience and consider whether or not they'll make purchases online. They are buyers, great!! Might want to test some affiliate programs if that's the case.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Adsense works plain and simple.. I run it on content and sales sites, some sites were designed to take advantage of Adsense and it has paid off..
    Adsense on my affiliate sites has not hurt conversions one bit, placent of ads is crucial as is experimenting with colors, but the bottom line is that it makes a nice addition to the bank account every month.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread