Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    CJ's Affiliate Support or lack there of....
    Not to sound like a crybaby again....but here it is

I start promoting a handfull of CJ's merchants

My sales go through the roof

I have 5 green bars....We click on network performance and see we are in the top 95% of publishers

Great....lets make it even better.....SO...

I call CJ to get some help on making my programs better than they are and get pushed off to leave a message on some answering machine.

Then about 6 hours later...why my business should sign up with CJ yadda yadda yadda....What does this have to do with Affiliate Support....I dont have a business, I promote businesses

So whatever.....This morning I get another email....

If we are tooo expensive for your business....you should try ShareASale instead

What about helping me promote your merchants....blah blah blah

So I call them....and some woman tells me that there really isnt any help available...a committee needs to decide whether or not I am worthy...So now I am waiting on a committee of CJ Jedi's to let me know if I can get help...

Just ridiculious....Star Wars doesnt come out until may 19th and I need the Jedi's to help me now........and to think I am in the top 5%.....

Very disapointed....

Diddy

Apparently your first voice message was left on our sales line, which resulted in the return call addressing signing up as an advertiser.

Back to your original question - why isn't CJ providing you more dedicated resources to help you make more money? We do manage top publishers. These publishers need to surpass a minimum threshold in order to get the attention of our publisher development team. Network Earnings are an indicator that you are doing well compared to the whole network. Five green bars is the broadest range since it encompasses the top 5% which could range from a few thousands per month to millions in commissions earned. So, although you are doing well, you may not have met the internal requirements to get picked up by this group. The resources are not infinite and new publishers are added when we have the bandwidth to add more to a given portfolio. Additional requirements are willingness of publisher to work with us and ability to maintain a certain earnings potential.

I hope this helps explain things a little better.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

okay there are people that make over 1 000 000 in commissions without scaming people?

I wanna be that guy....help me help you

Diddy

Internet Cowboy
    Diddy,
    Don't feel bad. This is apparently a new program for CJ. I just called and was given a dollar amount in monthly commissions that one must achieve to qualify, but before anything else was said I was put on hold and someone else came back on the phone and said that was wrong. Membership in this group is on a "don't call us, we'll call you" basis is what I was told. So it is left completely up to CJ and I am sure they hand pick their favorites and performance is only one factor in being picked.
    Maybe Todd will tell us what other criteria are.
    I was also told that they have a 1-5 Star rating system above and beyond green bars. I would like to know the specifics of that as well.

Outsourced Program Manager
    " We do manage top publishers. These publishers need to surpass a minimum threshold in order to get the attention of our publisher development team."

CJ helps a program's top performing affiliates? Are they the ones needing help?

A solution provider helps your lowest performing affiliates become super affiliates while offering specialized development for your top performing affiliates. Everyone makes the cut.

- Eder

I have no clue about these guys

I have employees working on our campaigns....real money..not a basement organization...

I am investing real money into this...and they dont have the common sense to talk with me...

That dont call us thing is insulting and completely unprofessional.

I figured out from the email I was sent that they make 30% of what we as affiliates make.....so its a win win for both of us...too bad they dont see it that way

Quote Originally Posted by eder
    " We do manage top publishers. These publishers need to surpass a minimum threshold in order to get the attention of our publisher development team."

CJ helps a program's top performing affiliates? Are they the ones needing help?

- Eder
    So basically.....once we get to the top you will help us?

That is sooooo friggin ridiculious....You should let your merchants know all the hurdles you are making affiliates jump through....

Think about all the money everyone would be making if we could all cut to the chase and get back to work

Quote Originally Posted by M_Diddy
    That is sooooo friggin ridiculious....You should let your merchants know all the hurdles you are making affiliates jump through....
    M Diddy,

You should call the merchant yourself. Tell them you promote their business and you're not happy with how CJ handles their program. There's no need to threaten to leave or anything like that... Just let them know how you feel.

- Eder

Getting affiliate contact info from CJ is next to impossible....

It would be easier to get Jennifer Lopez to give me a naked massage

LOL thats what I am gonna focus my energy on....

Hold on...I am diddy...been there done that already.....

but you know what I mean

Getting affiliate contact info from CJ is next to impossible....
    It would be easier to get Jennifer Lopez to give me a naked massage
    LOL thats what I am gonna focus my energy on....
    Hold on...I am diddy...been there done that already.....
    but you know what I mean
    It's a lot easier than you'd think.

Just go to the merchant's "contact us" page and their info is right there. Just say you're a publisher in their program and you need to speak with someone.

- Eder

OK, so a while ago I got the call from CJ - "Hey we're here to help you" - so dump the scum - "hmm well, yes, hmm, well.. is there anything else we can do?" - yes xyz - "I'll see what I can do, let me get back to you on that..."

No reply. They can't do anything you can't do for yourself, except along the lines of - "we'll point our scumware at network X unless you boost our commission rates" and "work with us". They aren't interested in normal honest affiliates, just the "superaffiliates" and their scummy ways. The tide will turn though and the begging bowl will be out.

We cannot provide the same level of service to all of our advertisers and publishers. We have over 75k productive publishers and almost 2k advertisers. It is not scalable - we need to segment our clients. We provide higher levels of service to clients that drive higher revenues.
    Todd Crawford

Cool
    well, seeing these layers of "infrastructure" is still enlightening.

This argument is pretty lame, IMO... of course CJ is going to provide a higher level of service to the affiliates who generate more revenue. That's good business sense. Now, of course they shouldn't let ebates and a few others continue as affiliates period, but that's not really directly related since many large affiliates are quality people who have worked very hard (and been very lucky in some cases) for their position. CJ can hardly afford to keep their servers running, so we know they don't have the extra cash to spend staffing thousands of people to take care of every affiliate. There are plenty of companies out there that can help new affiliates, but not everything in life is free, and in this one case I will defend CJ. And no, I don't have an account rep, and nor do I want one... I'd prefer they don't do any kind of data collecting on my marketing activities... especially not one where a human is looking closely (possibly finding ways to replicate my successful activities on their own personal accounts?).

ABW Ambassador
    no problem at all in contacting cj through their interface. am being answered promptly. almost all the time, i get the info or the action that i want.

of course, different people have different levels of knowledge, not to mention different personality or problem solving skills. so there is that tiny winy portion of my inquiries being answered not to my liking.

one response that can leave me fuming is when they tell me to contact the merchant directly - though that is exactly why i'm complaining: because the merchant is either unresponsive or my emails are coming back as undelivered.
    Last edited by waytogo; May 3rd, 2005 at 09:33 PM.

I agree with the fact that if every affiliate needed a rep it would be crazy expensive....BUT where do you draw the line..

I make 1000's in commissions a month and want to take it to the next level...

Why do I feel so ghetto for asking for help?

If they want me to get to 10k....15k or 20k in commish gimme a couple months.....but if they help me....I'd be there sooner

Diddy

ABW Ambassador
    M_Diddy

what kind of help do you exactly expect from cj? to tell you what other successful but honest affiliates are doing?

But what exactly do you think they're going to do to help you? This business is highly proprietary and if you go spilling your beans about what works well for you, those people are going to take that info and run with it. You can create your own competition with just a few sentances. I don't see any benefit in working with them, other than to resolve disputes with merchants and questions about transactions or whatnot.

Anyone know what this magical sales threshold is though? Even if you're making thousands a month, CJ doesn't get that much of it in reality (after overhead, Todd's salary, etc.), and to dedicate someone to your account to answer your questions and help build your business (still a crazy concept, imo, since that's not their purpose) would certainly not be cost effective.

Maybe access to the affiliate managers....content.....more robust information

I could honestly care less what other affiliates are doing

If you are implying that I am a dishonest affiliate...LOL thats pretty fun

It is called blood sweat and tears

Diddy

Maybe access to the affiliate managers....content.....more robust information

I could honestly care less what other affiliates are doing

If you are implying that I am a dishonest affiliate...LOL thats pretty fun

It is called blood sweat and tears

Diddy
    Nobody is implying that. What we're saying is that CJ's account managers aren't going to give you any tricks that will actually make you more money (at least not anything that you can't learn in these forums). They certainly better not be sharing the money-making secrets of top affiliates. If you're having problems accessing the affiliate managers, contact the merchant via some other means and complain about the affiliate manager (though not too loud or you might find yourself kicked from the program).

What does "more robust information" mean? Timely and accurate reporting? Wouldn't we all like that...

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ticketguyz
    I don't see any benefit in working with them, other than to resolve disputes with merchants and questions about transactions or whatnot.
    That's what it is all about. They DO NOT share any secrets about other affiliates.

tricks are for kids...

Information about the merchant and the program

Linkshare lets you know the products and services you sell individually.. so it helps you to figure out what the hell you are doing, whats working etc

CJ's stats are not up to par...

I'M just gonna do my own thing and trek along

D

M_Diddy,

I appreciate your initiative/drive. If there were more affiliates like you, we would definately need to hire more people in our publisher development team. I also understand your perspective/frustrations. I am certain things will work out to your satisfaction.

Keep up the hard work and postive attitude.
    Todd Crawford

ABW Ambassador
    okay there are people that make over 1 000 000 in commissions without scaming people?

I wanna be that guy....help me help you

Diddy
    if cj tells you what exactly the successful affiliates are doing, this is going to stir up a hornet's nest.

right now, the cj interface is the best in the field in helping affiliates earn money. you just gotta think on how to use it. the money is all there. (though bringing back the reversal rates would be fine).
    Last edited by waytogo; May 4th, 2005 at 05:03 AM.

I WANT SECRET ROBUST INFORMATION!!!!!

Spill it!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast