biz36
    Affiliate Activation Campaign Advice/Ideas
    Hi Everyone

I am working on getting an activation campaign running to get all my inactive publishers either on track or back on track promoting.

I am looking for insight on fun and exciting ideas you may have for promotions to get any inactives active.

What sort of promotions get you motivated and which ones do you simply dismiss?

Thanks in advance for your thought

Usually, some combination of the following three things will get me motivated:

1) An unbeatable consumer promotion that I'll want to tell my visitors about,
    2) A private commission offer. For instance, if you currently have a tiered structure for 7-10%, offer a flat 10% for the next few months.
    3) A bonus for hitting an easily reachable level. For instance, a $100 bonus if you hit $1000 in sales.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

biz36
    Hi Michael

thanks for your ideas.

I was toying with your 2nd suggestion. My one concern was will a publisher go back into hybernation when their activation campaign time runs out because the commissions are back to normal?

I have been "activated" in this way, sometimes I haven't put links up because I just haven't gotten around to it, sometimes because I decided the merchants wasn't as good a fit as I first thought.

First thing I'd do is an email saying why people should put links up to you, that'll spur some into action, then I'd follow up with with something like - put an extra exclusive page to us by the end of the month and get 10% for the rest of the year - as per your 2nd idea. I don't think they'll go back into hibernation IF the links work, if they work, affiliates will be only too happy to keep going and keep earning. The fact is that you'll probably lose a lot that weren't going to do anything anyhow, see it as a useful flushing out of unactivateable affiliates. Overall it'll be worth it (IMHO).

biz36
    Thanks

these ideas have been very helpful

Politeness and even a 1% bonus for getting links up by a certain reasonable deadline are helpful carrots.

No sarcasm. No snide remarks about being to busy to get to your promoting your program.

Some will fall back into "hibernation", but most won't. Once you get links up, they continue to produce. And if your program really does well, it will spur them to do even more to promote it.

I should also point out that doing just one item from my list isn't overly compelling. Doing two or all three will produce much better results.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

biz36
    Do you think an added $ bonus on top of your regular commissions for your first 3 to 5 orders is enticing. say you are at a 7% commission and the offer was for a $5 bonus on each of your first 5 orders does that sound good.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread