Reporting suggestions
    So my comment in the "How do you like Shareasale" thread isn't out of left field, I thought I should add some constructive input.

I'm not keen on SAS reporting and have some suggestions. I hope they're taken well.

First, the four stats related pages (activity summary, activity detail, download stats and today's stats) could and should be consolidated into one reporting interface.

Second, the reports need to be uncluttered. Take a look at the activity summary report as an example. I click it because I want specific data relating to my traffic, sales, commissions, etc, yet I'm also presented with the ability to quit merchants, see my approval status, contact the merchant, get links and merchant status - all within the report. Those extra things are not related to stats and just make the report hard to read.

Third, reporting on impressions would help us select creative that performs the best for our sites and our traffic.

Lastly, the UI needs some help. I would LOVE to be able to enter a date range, select type of report (summary, detail, sub-tracking, etc) and see the important data returned in a boring old grid layout.

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers!
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

Eathan.
    i am sure brian will take a look at your suggestions
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hi;

I have also asked Brian to add a feature so we can check stats for the provious month/. All you can check is daily, this month and total.

Also asked for the abilty to search for more than one affiliate. Example is I have 2-3 or more affiliaes request data feed. I have to add each one at a time rather than search for all of them and add them at once

Little things but....
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

ABW Ambassador
    First, the four stats related pages (activity summary, activity detail, download stats and today's stats) could and should be consolidated into one reporting interface.
    I disagree. There is nothing I dislike more than a do-it-all interface. I would rather see the addition of new reports than a big report consolidation effort. The reports should be driven by the goal of providing useful information, and not by the interface to the reports.

One thing that could help increase productivity is to put EPC information with the activity report. One of the most useful thing for an affiliate is to see how their productivity stacks up with the network.

The one report I would love to see is a MyPerformance report that shows my hits, my earnings, the merchant epc and what I would have made if I hit the merchant EPC. This report is helpful in that it gives information on whether I am sending good traffic and making the appropriate presale.

I would love to see more reports, but do not see the need for the massive programming effort and overhead of creating a standardized report format. Quality information in a timely manner is more important than the user interface.

I disagree. There is nothing I dislike more than a do-it-all interface.
    By "interface" I was referring to input, rather than output.

I find four distinct links in the navigation a bit excessive. I'd rather click one reports link, select a date range, the type of report I wanted to run, etc, and get the data I'm after without clicking all over the place.

My biggest beef with SAS reporting is the lack of reports by affiliate defined date ranges. Adding this one feature though, seems to be the first domino in a series that would eventually lead to some serious UI and display consideration, so I mentioned all of the things that've been bugging me in hopes they'd be part of that.
    Eathan Mertz

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Eathan,

Your suggestions are very much appreciated - thank you. Thank you also to everyone who has replied with theirs... We are always working with and updating our reporting and we recognize there are things that we can do to make this all easier for you... I will post here as updates are made.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Is there a way to download the reports/data in some fashion? By some sort of feed or file?

I am not a SAS merchant yet, just getting info to make an informed decision.

Thanks

Quite welcome.
    Eathan Mertz

Quote Originally Posted by Eathan
    Second, the reports need to be uncluttered. Take a look at the activity summary report as an example. I click it because I want specific data relating to my traffic, sales, commissions, etc, yet I'm also presented with the ability to quit merchants, see my approval status, contact the merchant, get links and merchant status - all within the report. Those extra things are not related to stats and just make the report hard to read.
    I have no choice but to agree 100% with that quote from the Eathan post.

But I will still like SaS more than the other Networks, even if SaS don't do any change to the activity summary report.

I rather see my go , than risk a new feature update like in (You Know Where.) and then worry about (You Know What.)

Sal.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread