ABW Ambassador
    Walmart's New Offer
    The current offer is a 4 hr cookie with different percentages for different departments. The new offer is a Trial 3 day cookie offer minus 2% - 3% from the varying departments. Which one would you choose.

Thumbs down
    I'm leaving it alone (as it is). I feel it is too much tradeoff for the few days I pick up. They are not a converter for me anyway.

So many other companies have cookie durations of 30, 60, 90 days and more . . .

And this merchant may depend on people checking their site online and then walking in to the nearest store on the following weekend, hence the less-than-7-days duration.

I checked the non-commissionable sales report for Walmart and found a whole bunch of sales for April that happened after the expiration of the return-day coockie. The new offer might be worth a try.

marcelle

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    You push Walmart from November to Dec 15th. Then either pull links or perform cookie stuffing and forced click tricks the rest of the year to overcome their commitment to sesson only cookies. BHO's have no problem as they refresh their cookie at every popup.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Interesting! I wish I'd have read this before my most recent thread. Now I know what ecomcity was talking about. I would go for the longer cookie duration, personally.
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

Just put all their merchandise up with whatever program and stuff the keywords on the page. Plaster adsense all over the page nice and big and use their products to get adsense clicks. Don't even consider those pages as pages to generate income from sales since the don't intend to pay, anyway. Minimize their products and send the traffic away getting paid for the click.

That's what you do with big feeds and slow or non-paying merchandise.

If you accidentaly happen to get paid for a sale, so much the better.

You don't have to worry about updating those kinds of pages much, either. Just aim to get listed in the SEs and having your adsense links clicked.

Bogus merchants with no intent to ever see you earn a dime can give you LOTS of opportunities to display adsense or competitors.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I get checks from walmart all the time. For items that are only available on the web. Most people are going to look then head down to the corner store. Why wait or pay shipping?

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Wal-Mart alludes me

Not counting low cookies... they have everything an affiliate needs to succed... yet I don't know anyone who says they convert...

ABW Ambassador
    They actually do pretty decent for me, 3.51% for the year. They should give a better cookie and permanent. But i don't think they will because they know they would be paying more out to affiliates.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread