I think I found the best "Free" HTML Editor on the planet- PHP & MySQL Tags; Plugins
    Hi All,

I was looking for a HTML Editor that had support for PHP (since I'm trying to learn PHP) and out of all the ones that I checked out this one seems to be the best so I thought I'd share ... It's called HTML-Kit and I am very impressed... It don't mess with Your code either. You can find it here at:

http://www.chami.com/html-kit/

Right now, I'm quite enamored with DEV-PHP IDE (http://devphp.sourceforge.net/) - colors HTML, PHP, and JavaScript source; internal server extension available so you can test parsed pages without having to upload to your server or mess with getting apache+php installed and configured on your desktop system; GPL license..

Thanks FFoc,

I knew that was going to happen; I knew someone was going to put up something better... Cool!... I started downloading the "FullPackage with php(12MB)", is that what I should get or should I get the Alpha release?

Does either of these have a feature to store snippets? That is the biggest draw for me for DreamWeaver MX. I simply have TOOO many snippets to not have them stored somewhere.
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.
    Total Stupidity - Shining light on stupid things.

Hi cditty, not sure?

When I get home (I'm out right now) I'll look into snippets with Dev-PHP. I know it's got a class/function browser, so you could fill up a file with various classes and functions if you'd like (yes, I know what you mean, and I know this isn't it)..

Quote Originally Posted by FFoc
    you can test parsed pages without having to upload to your server or mess with getting apache+php installed and configured on your desktop system; GPL license..
    How do You get this feature to work, I keep getting a parsing error or something like that (I tried something and now the errors in German?).

I found this link of "Free PHP Editors" after reading my PHP book a little and I thought I should post it for Ye-All'... Here it is: http://www.php-editors.com/result.php .

FFoc,

I went to the PHPDev forum and did this:
    By: Urs Mder - ursmaeder
    RE: parser not found
    2005-04-15 10:52
    you need a php-installation. the field php-cgi.exe must point to the same named file. same procedure with php.ini.
    if you download the Dev-PHP 2.00 Full Package you have a php version 5.0.3 in it. you can then pick the right files (php-cgi.exe/php.ini) in the installationfolder/php and then you can preview your php-files.

Mozilla Control is set with the button install mozilla.
    But it still give me errors; any ideas?

Woops!, that didn't work; try this link at http://www.php-editors.com/ and after You get there use the "Editors Search" in the middle-right of page to find what You need.

Dunno, I have a full development webserver under my desk, so I test on it, and only downloaded the base version myself.

Hmmm?... Well, I think I'm going to have to let PHPDev go; it just doesn't like me or something... I traded it in for this one here at: http://www.php-editors.com/review/?editor=98 ... I can get this one to do PHP previews and it has some great reviews: some people are saying it's better than DreamWeaver.

Unfortunately, DevPHP does not.

I think HAPedit is the one you want - SQL console, built-in PHP mangler, source code control (think cvs), asp/php/html/javascript/css syntax highlighting, clipbook (for your snippets), freeware...... etc, etc. Go read the homepage!

Thanks FFoc,

I'll check it out.

I use free HTML/PHP editor - Codelobster PHP Edition.
    It is the best editor for me that i know.

ABW Ambassador
    Clod:
    Please don't bump 2005 threads > TY

Quote Originally Posted by Merchant Consultant Team
    Clod:
    Please don't bump 2005 threads > TY
    I thought it was being disrespectful calling you a clod until I saw that was your name.

ABW Ambassador
    That clod is now banned. Spammers are just plain lazy sometimes, never switching up their nicknames when they spam various forums.

help me out here, lest I commit the same offense. Is it a 'bump' to comment on a really old post? Any other etiquette issues to be aware of, besides whats in the rules post?

- Dave

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread