Payment Processor similar to 2CO?
    Are there any payment processors similar to 2CO, in that, it is hosted on a 3rd party site, no other accounts are needed (such as a merchant account).

Iím wondering this because Iím looking at going with 2CO but donít like the 2 week delay in receiving the sales.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.

Paypal?

Actually, I was with 2CO for my aussie GPS site but that 2 week delay really is irritating. Sometimes you just don't stock some things and have them drop-shipped. 2CO doesn't work well with that sort of business concept.

You should consider a merchant account and gateway, etc. Or email 2CO and ask them if they can shorten the 2-week delay to at least 1 week. (they'll do it if you do over 1k sales/week)

Apply for a merchant account with Cardservice International (98% approval rate!), and stop paying these extra fees!

Otherwise, PayPal would be a MUCH BETTER bet that 2CO... At least, from my point of view...

Dasha

Yah, I actually have a paypal account..... but want the site to look more professional, but dont want to spend an arm and a leg for it either.....hehe, I want my cake and eat it too

Quote Originally Posted by Dasha
    Apply for a merchant account with Cardservice International (98% approval rate!), and stop paying these extra fees!
    I looked into a few merchant providers, but they were either too expensive or I wasnt sure whether they'd be around next month. Are you using them now? How much are their monthly fees? Is there a start-up cost? How long have they been around? I see that they are registered service provider for First Financial Bank, Denver and Wells Fargo Bank. But I know that Wells Fargo is on the steep side ( for me ).

I heard good things about 2CO on the boards, so I was looking into them. But found out about the 2 week delay.

We used 2CO for a while. It's a decent solution when you are starting out but just giving away over 2% of every sale that you make is a major drain. We also saw a huge decrease in the number of abandoned carts after we switched to our own merchant account. I guess shoppers just didn't like being transported over to 2CO to enter their payment info... that reason alone is enough to justify your own merchant account.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dculpepper
    ... We also saw a huge decrease in the number of abandoned carts after we switched to our own merchant account. ...
    What Payment solution are you using now ??

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I guess shoppers just didn't like being transported over to 2CO to enter their payment info... that reason alone is enough to justify your own merchant account
    I know I hate it when I find myself on some other site when it comes time to enter my CC info. I'm always concerned that it's either a 2-bit operation or a phishing expedition. Even now, if I don't recognize the cart as being one of the common 3rd-party payment solutions, I am tempted to back out...and sometimes I do.

Reading how easy it'd be to misuse a feed and hook it into a fake backend doesn't raise my confidence level either. Thanks Ecom Mike for giving me such "calming" thoughts that pop up when I shop at little online stores who just didn't fork up for a real merchant account. Now instead of imagining some 8-yr-old kid in his garage I get to imagine drooling Russian Mafia goons yelling "we got another!" if I hit that Confirm button
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Kend
    What Payment solution are you using now ??
    We got our merchant account through e-onlindata.com and use the authorize.net payment gateway.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    I know I hate it when I find myself on some other site when it comes time to enter my CC info. I'm always concerned that it's either a 2-bit operation or a phishing expedition. Even now, if I don't recognize the cart as being one of the common 3rd-party payment solutions, I am tempted to back out...and sometimes I do.
    I knew that there would be people that feel that way and with all of the scams that are out there I can certainly understand why. I was sure that it was costing us few sales but after switching I was shocked at the difference having a merchant account made. Over the last two months, our pecentage of abandoned carts has dropped from nearly 40% to less than 10% and that means a lot more money in our pockets.

We have also made some other improvements... we've streamlined the checkout process a bit and are taking advantage of some upselling opportunities that we used to ignore but I can't help but think that having an integrated payment solution has been the major factor.

I wonder if other people have had the same experience....

Dave

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread