Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ToolKing.com Affiliate Manager Introduction
    I would like to introduce myself to the ABestWeb Forums. I read about you in last edition of Revenue magazine which I found helpful in seeing things from the affiliates perspective. As for myself I worked for the last 6 years in Internet marketing and e-commerce. This is my first position exclusively as an affiliate manager. Previously, I did SEO, PPC, affiliate sites, email campaigns, media buys, mini-sites. ToolKing.com is a merchant with LinkShare and we offer a 5% commission. Active affiliates can earn more and get increased Return Days.

In the month of May we are running a bonus to reward affiliates that promote our links on their web properties, in emails, pay-per-click campaigns. We are offering an activation campaign that will reward you a bonus $10 for two sales in the month of May. As an added benefit we will increase our Return Days from our standard offer of 10 to 30 days.

See Offer Extended Return Days and Bonus for May 2005
    ( 34.2 )

Let me know if you have any questions or want more information on our program, products or ideas for your web site.

Nice! Welcome to ABW, Chuck!
    Akiva Bergstrom | akiva@affsolutions.com | 718-871-8286

Affiliate Marketing Solutions by affSolutions - Creator of the Product Showcase Creator™

Managed Programs: EssentialApparel.com (Join) | SportsFanfare.com (Join)

Affiliates: Product Showcase Creator Directory | Merchants: License the Product Showcase Creator™!

Welcome aboard, Chuck!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Action Jackson - King of the World
    Be great if you make that return change permanent

On another note this is one program at Linkshare that does convert for me. My only problem occassionally is the non commish which the increase of return days should help fix.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Welcome Chuck!

I actually logged on to see if anyone else couldn't get into Linkshare...

and saw your Happy post!

Thanks for the diversion!

Wish toolking the best

Billy

Thanks everyone for the welcomes!

I am using the See Offer Extended Return Days and Bonus for May 2005 to activate affiliates. For those who are not producing a single impression I will move them to an inactive status. Then I intend to extend the base offer to Return Days 30.

Right now I am looking for affiliate feedback to better understand their business and what they need to succeed with our program. We are a small company when compared to Amazon or Home Depot but are in the top 5 for online tool sales. Our average affiliate sale was $330 last month which makes for some decent commissions.

I can be flexible and would like to work with a few affiliates to see what we can do together. Also looking for automotive affiliates as we have many products that apply there.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Chuck:

Boy, we'd love to do more with Toolking. Unfortunately, we can't get into our Linkshare account and LS customer service doesn't seem concerned about that. If that every gets cleared up, we'll have a go at it!

I'll pass your info on to LinkShare and see what they will do about it. I have your account info on file. Your site looks great. I have been to Southampton, PA before and enjoyed Buck County.

Chuck: It's a great place to be, for sure!

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    I have some sites that would do great with ToolKing.com but I don't do linksnoop anymore.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Welcome to ABW Chuck!

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Drewbert: LinkShare is not the optimal platform but it is all we have right now and the ownership just extended the contract another year. That we decided before I arrived.

If you are interested in working with us it will have to be through LinkShare for now. Let me know your complaints and I will pass them to my LS account manager.

Thanks,

Chuck

I like traffic lights
    Search for "linkshare" on ABestWeb.

Drewbert: I did as you asked and see what you are referring to! The second thread referred to problems with Commission Junction. Since jumping into affiliate marketing in the last 45 days it seems that the big 2 are have similar problems and are instituting changes to clean up their networks.

As I said I am not a LinkShare disciple am working with their system as best I can.

Thanks for the feedback,

I got this from my LinkShare Account Manager:

Hi Chuck -
    Yes - the third phase of our Athena verification system went into affect this week. There have been some isolated issues but they are making adjustments to the verification accordingly.

That's correct - this new system should really help curb the fraudulent activity going on. Existing affiliates need to re-register and new affiliates are going through a new registration process when they join.
    Their information is now being verified by a third party to confirm that they are a legal entity.

This way, people won't be able to create these ghost accounts anymore with false information. Aside from the hiccups that we're experiencing - it should be really good for the network in the long run.

Thanks!
    Greg

Hope this helps,

I'd ask Linkshare for a new merchant rep one who who is honest with the merchant!

I like traffic lights
    Well, when a business that I have been doing business with for over 5 years (IIRC) demands that I have to re-apply because I might not be who I say I am, that's when I say SCREW YOU FISH FACE.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbert
    Well, when a business that I have been doing business with for over 5 years (IIRC) demands that I have to re-apply because I might not be who I say I am, that's when I say SCREW YOU FISH FACE.
    What about a company that won't even let you re-apply?

Hopefully at some point the moderater will move any of our "we're not the biggest fans of Linkshare" posts to any of the current LS threads (they are all unresolved and interchangeable anyway) and we can let Chuck introduce himself all over again! (Sorry Chuck - it was just poor timing that you chose to say "Hi I'm Chuck. Pls join my program on Linkshare")

Billy,

I find it acceptable that Chuck sees what aff think of LS, it should help him in future aff dealings ... it's not toolking, nor Chuck ... it's Linkshare that is the "Fish Face".
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Billy Kay:

Good point. I'll take my LS woes elsewhere.

Chuck - welcome to ABW!

I was thinking some of the same things, but did not want to discourage Chuck as we are all so desperate to get any information from LS this last month and if it just so happens that info gets to us via a new Affiliate Manager, so be it. If he is willing, that is.

So with that said, we are sorry Chuck to detour your "Hi, I'm New" post, but on the other hand, you are making a very good impression with the current LS affiliates. Great Job and thanks for your efforts.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

7-days: Thanks for the encouragement and don't worry about hurting my feelings! I have launched a number of CJ programs years ago when we allowed CPC's and had to dismiss a number of affiliates I found who were cheating. Believe me I have heard plenty!!

While I was launching those CJ accounts I also launched a LS account and saw the difference in technology. Bottom line is the merchants that LS is offering.

I am still amazed that some of the most basic sites are incredible affiliates. I envy the affiliates who have mastered the system and are making good livings, running their lives the way they want to.

On the other hand I would not be a pleasant person if my paycheck was late.

Well Chuck... since you have thick skin...

Laura "C" was making special coupons for places like Buy.com, which were better than the coupons she was making available to other affiliates.

Are all your coupons "equal"

Point is: Why go to my site when there's a better coupon at Buy.com?

15 years and counting
    Chuck, check your signature,
    http://www.toolking.com
    above your banner, and below affiliates@toolking.com
    the url is wrong: http://http://www.toolking.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast