Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Unhappy Yikes! My info is correct, but Linkshare says I'm unverifiable!
    My name is correct. SS# is correct. I've lived at this address for over a year. My credit cards certainly can find me. Why can't Linkshare? Help!

"Error, we were not able to verify your legal name, address, and SSN with a third party verification service. Please check your legal name, address, and SSN, and try again."

I guess I don't exist, bummer.

I feel your pain, I just logged on to post the exact same thing. All my information is correct, yet LinkShare cannot verify it.

As a temporary work around, I found out that you can still access your information by following this link after you log in.

http://alogin.linksynergy.com/php-bi...me/shome.shtml

Sorry to bump my own post, but in my attempts at trying different spellings of my address, I received this message:

"Error, you have exceeded the number of attempts allowed to try to pass third party verification. You may try again at a later date."

May I thump my head against the keyboard now? Anyone else get this headache?

Did they even test this thing! This is outrageous. Just when you thought linkshare couldn't get any worse...

ABW Ambassador
    where are you seeing this? at login to linkshare, or was this sent in an email?

the only thing i find extraordinary lately is receiving a call saying, "Hi, this is ___ from Linkshare, I'm your account representative, and I'm here to help you make more money."

login and it begins to take you through a verification process or login at that link above and go to "your account" tab and click on "Legal Entity Registration"

I haven't bothered to log into llinkshare in a very long time. So I just went there and found a form to fill out, for their "enhanced affiliate registration and management system." -- a 4 or 5 page form. On about the third page they ask for my password, and I give it to them and they reject it because it doesn't have at least 2 numbers.

But the password I've been using for them doesn't have 2 numbers. And I can't change it until I get into my account.

I'm assuming this is something different from what you are seeing?

Maybe I'll try again in a few months and see what surprises they have for me
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

I had the same problem. All you have to do is to select a new password during the registration process with with at least two numbers. The newly selected password will become your new login password.

marcelle

Yikes - Linkshare locked me out after 2+years of support
    They told me their 3rd party evaluator will not let me in because they cannot verify my business. My business is affiliate marketing - thats it! I guess after hundreds of dollars in revenue, linkshare has decided i am no longer a verified business - crap!! So I got approved for a new merchant that just went to linkshare from cj - and now i am going to tell the merchant that linkshare locked me and several others out with there new technology.

Wrong - i picked a new password with 2 numbers
    Still locked out!

They already have a third party who verifies your identity for them free of charge: YOUR BANK, when they process your Linkshare checks.

Somehow I get the idea that the "third party verification service" is one of Linkshare's clients, not the other way around.

Login Nightmare at Linkshare
    Error, we were not able to verify your legal name and address with a third party verification service. Please check your legal name and address and try again.

So I went to the link above and then was able to get in. I went the the Legal Entity Registration to stop this frustration right now. I was logged into my account - they have to help me - nope from my login I still got the message:

Error, we were not able to verify your legal name and address with a third party verification service. Please check your legal name and address and try again.

I am a corporation for .... sakes - my federal number is registered and i opened a bank with this info - Oh i get it - now linkshare thinks they are a screwed up bank that will not have to pay affiliates that cannot get registered. WRONG!

hdpinn is right: Did they even test this thing! This is outrageous.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelle
    I had the same problem. All you have to do is to select a new password during the registration process with with at least two numbers. The newly selected password will become your new login password.

marcelle
    i'm still using the same password that i have (before the legal entity registration) to login to my account, with no numbers in it. still works. but now that you mentioned it, i think i forgot the password that i typed in the legal registration form. when will i need this password anyway? where do i go to change the legal reg info should i need to change it later on? last time i checked, after my registering, the link disappeared from my account interface.

The form in questions password portion *SHOULD* be to create a *NEW* password which is based on the strengthened requirements.

Instead of your oldpas1 password, enter something like 1newpas1 which has the two numbers, and 8 character length.

Of course, since apparently their third-party 'verification' provider is providing them bogus, incorrect and/or outdated (although, since I've used my current address for 7+ years, it would have to be antiquated information) information, I can't be certain about this solution.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi all,

We did do extensive diligence with this version of Athena and from the post its obvious that there are still some kinks to be worked out. We will work hard to fix them as quickly as we can and I do apologize for the problems and lack of information over the past few weeks. There are just a lot of moving parts that we are trying our best to manage and that has made it hard to message what is going on.

What we are doing has not been done before and essentially we are changing what an affiliate is in our system and that change leads to many challenges that in the end will be better but are clearly causing some pain now. We will work hard to address them and I wish that we did not have any bumps along this road but the path that we are taking just is not that easy. Hopefully we can address these quickly. Again all I can do is apologize for any troubles you are having until we can get them all resolved. All of your feedback will be used to address these issues. In the end the only real test is when it goes live and in this case it appears that we have more work to quickly do.

Best regards,
    Stephen

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Ok Stephen....I have always been a supporter of you in the past, trust me I understand, but, you don't think sending a mass email would have been a good idea.

Just a lil itsy bitsy notice would have been the proper thing to do.

I may be just a number in the grand scheme of things.....but as a group we are the ones that make the cycle flow....

We all need each other.....put yourselfs in our shoes....if only for a second

We need to be concentrating on creating sales for the merchants...this is way too negative already....my fung shui is all off and I am not happy about it.

Anyway....at least I dont have to eat matzah anymore

Diddy

Guys, Just above the live chat is a "Back to Home Page" link click it...
    Zowie, you are in...

15 years and counting
    smesser - We did do extensive diligence with this version of Athena and from the post its obvious that there are still some kinks to be worked out.
    NO, YOU DID NOT. It's obvious. From your first days online every time you're doing something we have problems.
    smesser - What we are doing has not been done before
    Come on. If you can't do two steps at one time. Just do one.
    Why did you have to mix "Direct Deposit" and "Legal registration"? Don't tell me during these 9 years you had no time to verify your affiliates?
    smesser - Again all I can do is apologize for any troubles you are having
    Yes, we know, it's all you can do.

Stephen Messer wrote
    All of your feedback will be used to address these issues.
    Stephen,

I don't think that three major changes like Direct Deposit, Check Consolidation, and Direct Deposit needed to be implemented simultaneously. They could have been done one at a time with much less frustration to the affiliate.

Furthermore I would like to provide some feedback regarding the "update profile" page: the link "Edit Legal Entity" under "Update Profile" doesn't work. Also the field "company name" cannot be updated.

marcelle

ABW Ambassador
    i'm still puzzled by the need for legal registration. i mean, if people wants to consolidate accounts (to have a single check maybe), why do we have to reregister? befree has been doing that for years without much fanfare. i have several accounts (i guess many here do), but since the ss# is the same in each one, i get only one 1099-misc form at tax time. isn't that legal and consolidated already? and verifiable too?

In the end the only real test is when it goes live and in this case it appears that we have more work to quickly do.
    In the HERE and NOW we all have work to do to make more money for you and your clients.

The fact that it is live, is found not to be working properly, but is left live in its inoperable state only confirms our deep-seated conviction that Linkshare itself is a real piece of work.

In the end...
    Yep. It's starting to sound like it's the end.

Why bother logging in, you won't be able to see how much you've earned in the last couple of months anyway...

Fred

...essentially we are changing what an affiliate is in our system...
    Perhaps they can change their mind set as to just who we are too.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    ok, i see it now. i went to my secondary account, the one that's supposed to be consolidated to my frequently used one, and i saw what you've been talking about.

good thing i can still log in to my primary account though, or i'd also be very frustrated.

waytogo wrote
    ...befree has been doing that for years without much fanfare. i have several accounts (i guess many here do), but since the ss# is the same in each one, i get only one 1099-misc form at tax time. isn't that legal and consolidated already? and verifiable too?

Excellent point! I heard that, like Befree, LS also consolidates the 1099. Therefore Whay the need to reregister?

marcelle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast