Cool Affiliate ROAD TRIP...
    ANYONE,
    I am planning a HUGE road trip... I am looking at the map planning the trip this week.. I'll probably cover about 10,000 miles rolling through Canada and down through the USA... starting around the END of JULY..

Anything I should see while driving through these states..?
    Is there anything that I should NOT MISS..

I will be in :

Idaho
    Wyoming - "YellowStone"
    Utah
    Colorado

Arizona - "Grand Canyon"

Affiliate Manager
    If you are gonna be in North Idaho be sure to check out Coeur d' Alene. Great resort and the lake is voted one of the most beautiful in the world.

Also if you do come to CDA you won't want to miss the Wolf Lodge Steakhouse: http://www.wolflodgerestaurants.com/coeur.html . I will almost guarantee it will be the best steak you have ever eaten. I have tried expensive steak houses all over the country and nothing even comes close. If you do go order the Rancher (44 oz. of pure beef pleasure which consists of a 24 oz porterhouse and a 20 oz sirlon). If you don't get the meat sweats after pounding this thing down you are missing out. It is "only" $37 or so which is what you would pay for a 16 oz steak in a lot of steak houses.

You will probably want to call ahead for reservations.

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Wink Point of entry?
    Not sure which border town you'll be crossing through but you mentioned driving cross Canada as well...

If in Ontario on the way to US of A be sure to drive through Eastern Ontario - the lush, green, rolling hills through farm country are absolutely stunning - makes for one helluva scenic journey. I'd say drive through Toronto but there's nothing to see here but traffic jams and high rises (ok not entirely true but... yea.). LOL!

Niagara Falls of course is right on the Ontario/NY border as well... it's quite the view.

Enjoy your trip!
    Last edited by e-Gazer; May 10th, 2005 at 09:53 AM. Reason: adding a place

I will be ENTERING the USA in Seattle.. taking a sharp left through Idaho..
    Then Zig Zagging my way through the other states in the list...

I have been to Seattle many times seen it done it.. but the other states..??
    THANKS for the Tips..

I'll Have A Fillet Mignon at "Wolf Lodge Steakhouse" sounds like good eatin!
    But I am hungry NOW.. LOL....

Yellowstone is a MUST see. I've been there several times, staying 7-10 days at a time and never see enough.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I really want to go, but can we have the estimated espenses first?

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Fishlake National Forest in the southwestern corner of Utah. Most beautiful place I've ever seen. I drove through in early June when snow was on the mountain peaks and wildflowers were blooming like mad in the valleys.

Just post whatever the recent update guys!!!

rod_freelanceworkexchange - Estimated expense... LOL -- bring a CC with no limits!
    This says "Affiliate Road Trip".. but it's just me.. if you wanna come along your welcome to.. but it's a small truck.. LOL just my dog and I... the trip starts in Anchorage, Alaska

A couple of years ago I traveled from Anchorage, Alaska to San Diego...
    I drove the entire west coast in fifteen days.. drove through the Red Wood forest.. and the big tree with the hole in it.. and saw everything - Disney Land, Sea World, Sand Diego Zoo.. everything I could.. it was something I always wanted to do..
    Total Cost - under $2000.... and over 15,000 miles on my truck..

7-Days --- YES YellowStone.. I went BY there a couple of years ago but the road was closed for WINTER.. how stupid is THAT.. oh that little 300 mile stretch of road is too hairy.. LOL

I went around that and continued driving all the way through Canada's Beautiful BANFF National Park and up through Canada BACK TO ALASKA... in WINTER... so If I can drive all the way to ALASKA.. why can't I drive through Yellow Stone?? I guess they don't plow the roads.. LOL.. I am used to that.. driving in a foot or two of snow is NO PROBLEM.. LOL Hell I have driven to Prudoe Bay in DECEMBER.. the most Northern Drive you can take in the USA ( ABOVE THE ARCTIC CIRCLE ) But in YellowStone.. they close the roads.. LOL...

Rhea - "Fishlake National Forest in the southwestern corner of Utah."
    YES - I want to spend a lot of time in UTAH.. I have always heard it was beautiful there but I have only been to the Salt Lake City airport on my way through a couple of times.. I am looking forward to exploring Utah....!!

Thanks for all the tips on what to see... I will take plenty of pictures and post them when I return.. the trip doesn't start till around the end of JULY.. so I have plenty of time to map out all the cool things I want to see! THANKS!

Holy shit, I thought you were... ahhh ...anyway, enjoy the trip man!!

Quote Originally Posted by rod_freelanceworkexchange
    I really want to go, but can we have the estimated espenses first?
    Heck with exspense estimates.... We're afilliate marketers... those fat direct deposited commission checks are paying the bills...

Joe

PS.. just in case those checks aren't as fat as we'd like them to be better bring the CC with unlimited credit...
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

ABW Ambassador
    Utah:Bryce Canyon National Park (it's a small park, so you don't need that much time there)

ABW Ambassador
    Oops - I wasn't done, and hit the "post quick reply" button by mistake!

Utah: Zion National Park - make sure that you go tubing in the Virgin River (it runs through the park). The views are amazing, and it should be awesome during the timing of your trip.

Arizona: You mentioned the Grand Canyon. If you can squeeze it in, I highly recommend visiting the North Rim of the canyon as well as the south rim. It's very different there (a higher elevation than the south rim), and usually much less crowded.

If you are into the National Park thing, you might want to buy a National Parks Pass for $50. It's valid for one year at any park, and you can buy it online, or at the first park you stop at.

The trip sounds AWESOME!! Will you be working from the road? I am wanting to do that, but am not sure how to work out some of the logistics. Some national park areas do not have high speed connections, and some national park lodgings don't even have phones!

Have fun!

Affiliate Manager
    A few things in our neck of the woods to consider... Sedona is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Flagstaff is a great little city near the canyon (the Grand Canyon that is) that has great hiking around the San Francisco Peaks as well as interesting things to see.... Walnut Canyon (Sinagua ruins), Sunset Crater (old Volcano), Lowell Observatory (where they discovered Pluto).

While you are at the canyon, you might consider a quick trip with the Grand Canyon Field Institute. They are the best. They are a non-profit that works with GC National Park. There instructors are awesome. (Tell Mike and Jack I say hello if you go!)

If you go to Bryce as someone suggested, you should also swing through Zion National Park.

And... while in Yellowstone take a side trip to Grand Teton National Park and see Jackson Hole. It is also one of the most beautiful places on earth.

I hope you have a great trip. My husband works for the National Park Service, so we have lived in a few of the places (GC, Tetons) and visited many others. If you need more info about any of these areas, let me know. I can point you in the right direction.

Melissa C. Murphy
    www.crazyforbargains.com
    SAS Parasite Free | 12% Commission | 365 Day Cookie | Data Feed | Coupon Codes
    Join Today!

Gr_Sacc - Nope not working from the ROAD.. to much hassle..
    BUT - next year (hopefully) I will be buying a laptop to take with me to Europe.....
    ------------

Thanks So much for the advice on what to see!
    When you look at the map there is not a lot of DETAIL on ATTRACTIONs...

SO it boils down to this list SO FAR ::
    IDAHO - Coeur d' Alene - Wolf Lodge Steakhouse
    UTAH - Fishlake National Forest - Bryce Canyon National Park - Zion National Park
    ARIZONA - Grand Canyon - South Rim & North Rim - Walnut Canyon (Sinagua ruins), Sunset Crater (old Volcano), Lowell Observatory (where they discovered Pluto).
    WYOMING - Yellowstone - Grand Teton National Park - Jackson Hole

This is the whole reason I am into affiliate marketing.. I wanna travel..
    Once a year I want to just take OFF for a month or so.. and see some of this planet!

Drive interstate 84 through the Columbia River Gorge. It runs the Washington & Oregon border. The drive from Portland to Hood River Oregon is incredible when doing it for the first time. Then hit Mt. Hood national Forst and go to Timberline lodge(where they got the outdoor lodge film shots for the movie "The Shining." This can all be done in one day and a little less.

Ron

TourInfo - Cool... REDRUM...
    The Shining is one of my favorite movies..
    I didn't know they filmed that in Mt Hood..

They just took outside shots of Timberline Lodge. The inside shots and most other shots were done else where. I love Jack's earlier days. Nothing as sweet as a desperate upstart actor who has talent.

Mo's Seafood Resturant on the Oregon Coast is a classic piece of history. I haven't been there in close to 20 years so make sure it's still open.

take care,
    Ron

Mo's is still open. My grandfather's favorite restaurant.

ABW Ambassador
    pajamalady: oh yeah, I totally forgot about Sedona! It's a gorgeous place!

I'm not sure exactly where in Arizona you will be, but there is also Lake Powell and Meteor Crater.

Enjoy!

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread