Angry After 6 years of forum participation...
    ...on many different topics, from games to affiliate marketing, I am about to flame a company for the first time.

LinkShare, you can kiss my partially exposed rear end. Your new login and registration is the last straw for me. Go piss someone else off....
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Another affilate goes up in flames!

We feel for you. Linkshare popularity with affilites is at an all time low right now with the unorganized changes that are taking place, email system failures and a general lack of communiction from their support team.

I've had to make some hard decisions myself this week.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Maybe you should sleep on it first ?

The stress and frustration notwithstanding, I suggest you hang in there till the end of May. After all, LS said they would pay May.

marcelle

Seriously?! What the heck? I can't get into their new system. I tried 12 times and quit. Live chat takes you no where.

Frustrated beyond belief.

"Maybe you should sleep on it first ?"

I'll sleep late.

ABW Ambassador
    I just tried logging in and filling out the new required information and it couldn't verify me as well... this sux a$$...

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    oy vay.....(for those who don't know what that means.....google it)

Anyway...its 2 o clock in the friggin morning....its time to breathe and exhale...

The thing is working

The live help girl is sleeping

By tomorrow morning all will be under control....

Let them do their thing

Diddy

ABW Ambassador
    Wink LinkShare, Hire A Good Programmer, Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin-W
    ...on many different topics, from games to affiliate marketing, I am about to flame a company for the first time.

LinkShare, you can kiss my partially exposed rear end. Your new login and registration is the last straw for me. Go piss someone else off....

Hi, Kevin-W,

Calm down, KevinDude. Maybe you have just been pushing too hard for too long and just need some free time away from the computer.

As far as logging in at LinkShare, I know that there are constant complaints about that. Perhaps some busy immature little LinkShare beaver can't leave code that works alone and has to keep messing with it to feel fulfilled in life. Whatever the login problem is, it surely would have been fixed by now if they had a knowledgeable programmer. Other than the chronic and inexusable login problems, I've never had a bit of trouble with Linkshare's other pages. Linkshare pages sure load up a lot faster than CJ pages when one is one a slow dialup modem.

As I recall, Linkshare suggests using Internet Explorer 5+ or Netscape 4+.
    Old fashioned, I know, as Opera and Firefox are Rocking Browsers.

Linkhare really needs to get with it on what's happening with the latest browsers.

You can also try the Linkshare Client Login button at the top of this forum page. It has always worked for me.

Best,
    RadarCat, WebMaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

ABW Ambassador
    Oy vey is when something is nishdugadacht enough so you tell the mumsas to go "kish mir in tuchus and shrei hurray." Right Diddy?

Is there someone who can explain why they launched this thing live for a massive number of people, in a live environment, who were already not overly tickled with them instead of doing something called a BETA with just a limited number of people whose aggravation level can withstand being pushed to the limit who volunteered to be beta testers?

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin-W

Kevin - where were these when you needed them?

I guess I can count myself lucky. No problems logging in (so far). No messages saying I don't exist (so far). I feel for you guys who are having problems. :-( :-( If enough of you hopped the next plane to NY and stood outside the offices with torches and pitchforks, maybe they'd acknowledge you existed again. :-)
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

A fix
    Sombody posted this in the other thread about this topic and it helped me so I thought I'd pass it along. When you get to the page where you are going to agree to the terms, above the live chat button, is a HOME text link. It takes you in.

The new form had been telling me that my first name was not matching the name on the account when, of course, it did. I went to my account profile, checked everything over, changed the password to meet their new number and letter rules and then logged out. When I went back in and went through their new process, it let me fill the whole thing out and then put me into my account.

Hope that helps.

Sheri

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread