Question about channels vs. aggregate data
    Do I have to create a new channel for each sub-page on my web site? I thought that was only to track where I was getting clickes but when I do a total of my channel data vs. my aggreagate more revenue shows on my channels. I only have created channels for less than half of my back pages- am I losing revenue if I don't create a channel for each page.
    I thought aggregate was comprehensive but I guess not.

Contextual Marketing Goddess
    Aggregate earnings are your actual totals, and should be what you pay attention to when you want to know the bottom line of how much you are making.

But some of the channel stats will overlap - if you have channels for both www.example.com and www.example.com/directory/, then your totals from /directory/ will also be included in the stats for www.example.com, so your channel stats would appear higher. It will not "cancel" out any stats simply because they are also accounted for in another channel you are tracking.

You will make the same money whether you use channels or not, but channels are a great tool for seeing what can be added or changed.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Channels are only a tool for you to categorize pages, groups of pages, or sites. They are a great tool to fine tune your ads. Try something new and place the new ads in the new channel and compare earnings. You don't have to ever create any channels if you don't want to. A little fine tuning can make a very big difference!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Still- my stats are screwy. Even when I am only looking at 1 channel it shows more page impressions than my aggregate?. Does that make any sense?

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapmom
    Still- my stats are screwy. Even when I am only looking at 1 channel it shows more page impressions than my aggregate?. Does that make any sense?
    What may be happening is a variation on how soon stats are updated. For example, if I check stats for the day, they will often differ from the stats for the same day showing up in for the whole month. One is updated quicker. Channel stats may possibly be updated quicker than your aggregate stats.

Now if you see this variation in yesterdays stats then something definitely is screwy.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Thanks Cheesehead- I think you are right because now- as I look more closely- the only discrepancy is from todays stats. Thanks for your reply!

There's a 2 day delay in channel data

I always check the aggregate to get a more complete picture of how my sites are doing and use the channel information to see how different formats are doing.

At this very moment, in my account there is over a ten dollar difference between the aggregate and channel reports but in the end, I get every penny right on time.
    Last edited by BrattyKitty; May 11th, 2005 at 11:16 PM. Reason: to make it less stupid
    Never argue with an idiot.
    The person watching, may not be able to tell the difference!

:female: :star: :envelope: [url="http://www.bridalbasics.ca/"]:weddingca[/url]

Channel stats are no longer delayed by two days. But whenever you view today's stats, there will always be slight descrepancies as it pulls data from different servers at different times. But after 24 hours, the stats should be fine.

Wow, Jenstar is everywhere

I try my best

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread