A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Question Huh?? Expired Cookies...?
    Okay...please bear with me here... I have to admit I have been retarded about checking the non-commish stats. Never did, never understood why I should until hanging out on here. I know, I know... I'm such a n00b. Anyway, I checked my stats for 1st Quarter of this year and saw almost $300 from one merchant (many different sales) that I didn't get commission for supposedly for being 4 days over expiration (interesting how they are all only 4 days over?!).

When looking at the cookie duration guidelines for the merchant on LS, I see the duration is .167!! Yes, you are reading that right.

I am concerned by this. Should I drop this merchant? Is it their fault or LS's fault? What would you all do?? I know $300 in sales might not be that much to all of you, but that's a big chunk for my current site performance, and if I'm getting screwed by this merchant, I'll drop them like there's no tomorrow. (Here's where I wish I could insert an appropriate smiley - Haiko, where are my smilies - still unable/not allowed to access them?) Bah!

Thanks for any advice or input you can give.

~Lisa~
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    .167 duration cookie = four hours.

Dump 'em.

4 is the reason code for "Return Days Exceeded", not the number of days.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Sounds like some Noob buying into the Walmart scheme. Only chance to make money with them is from Nov -Dec with specific product links to hot sellers that are sold out in their stores. They whole purpose for the AM running that program is to drive foot traffic to their stores.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Thanks Rhea and Michael. Why the hell would they only allow a 4 hour return time? I knew I didn't like this merchant.... They have low commish and don't even convert well for me, but do carry a few 'unique' items that fit my site. *SIGH* What's really weird is that they 'used' to be 30 days, and I haven't gotten anything to say they changed. Maybe they quietly did it to keep from losing affiliates??
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread