Affiliate links... post on one page or many pages??
    Howdy!

I'm getting all these affilate links to add to my new site so I can get a Google to see me... PR rank. I'm wondering, if it's okay to keep all the links on one page or do I have to spread them to many of my site's pages in order to get a good PRanking.

The other sites with which I'm exchanging links do appear to just toss them all on one page. Does it matter??

Thanks in advance!

Lyte

How are they most relevant?

Posting a bunch of banners or even text ads on a page isn't likely to do you much good. I wouldn't even worry about PR in relation to affiliate links. Worry about what will encourage visitors to click through and buy through your affiliate links.

Rely on your content and linking strategies to get good ranking.

Thanks for responding!

But... doesn't a higher Google PR rating mean you get seen more often (rank higher) when someone searches for a particular keyword??

Isn't those called backlinks... which are supposed to be very important?!

Lyte

Action Jackson - King of the World
    PR affects how often and how deep your site is crawled. It has nothing to do with rankings.

jackson, thanks for responding!

So, what's the value of having your site crawled more "deeply" or more often??

Oye, so much to learn!

Well, if you updated your site last week and added a section on Mother's Day, if your site was being crawled deeply and more often, that new section would be found by the search engines and may rank for keywords such as 'Mother's Day'.

If it doesn't get crawled often, it may be a while till your new pages are found, indexed and ranked, meaning you might miss the whole 'Mother's Day' shopping.

Having your site crawled 'more deeply' or deeper means;
    if you have a site with 10,000 pages and each one of them is found by the search engines, indexed and ranked, then you have 9,999 more ways of bringing visitors in to your website (and targetted because the pages rank on relevancy/keywords/content) rather than 1 home page being crawled/indexed and ranking.

[added] Jackson : i have to disagree... we cannot be certain as to exactly what effect PR has on rankings, whether it be no effect, a small role or a major one, unless you work for google? But getting a higher pagerank requires links from high pagerank sites and/or authority sites, which in effect increases rankings, etc etc.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread