Scriptfeed.com
    This might have been posted about already, but I just stumbled on it, so here it is:

http://www.scriptfeed.com/

If it works as well as it's said to, should be wonderful for the beginner. Not a lot of great merchants to choose from, as far as I'm concerned, but it might benefit a few of you.

who but an absolute novice/looney is going to give the ftp info out to a total stanger? I dont like that idea thats for sure.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Those merchants sure do look familiar....

I could get nothing from the WHOIS about this one. Says it launches May 12.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

"who but an absolute novice/looney is going to give the ftp info out to a total stanger? I dont like that idea thats for sure."

umm, well, you could always create an ftp folder just for them, with a password. Don't think that in itself is a big deal.

They are for SAS affiliate programs only ??

I tried it.. I signed up and used my test account to install the pages...

Worked like a charm... created a very pleasant looking site... nav on the left content in the center and adwords on the right...

very basic cookie cutter....

the only glitch was, I used the "free" feed which the site says is the Active K9 feed however it used the Pierced Body feed...

This website is "Webmerge online"

JOe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Joe, and others.

I have been testing and helping scriptfeed.com for past few months. I have been on the phone with them and know what they are trying to do. Great people to talk to and honest with me so far.

I have been super busy lately but I can tell you that I tested this a few months back on some basic sites using 3 datafeeds and those sites were indexed by google and yahoo within 2 or 3 weeks.

They are still working on getting the Custom Templates option working. There are allot of features and benefits, like you can instantly put google ads and other links and your own logo, etc.

I am not an official spokesperson for scripfeed.com yet or getting paid to post or say anything today. Infact I have not even spoken to them in about 30 days.

I did wanted to give some imput here since this post came up, and before I forget again.

Hopefully if it works out and done properly those within shareasale will benefit.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by my2cents
    ...very basic cookie cutter....

the only glitch was, I used the "free" feed which the site says is the Active K9 feed however it used the Pierced Body feed...

This website is "Webmerge online"
    Actually, the WebMerge Server Edition we've been developing is very different. This service seems to be more like putting the current desktop edition of WebMerge onto someone else's server and restricting usage to having to work within a browser.

Both this service and the current desktop edition of WebMerge generate their pages some other place than on your site, and then upload them via FTP. The main difference is that since WebMerge works locally and has a convenient Preview option you can review and modify your work before posting it live for the world.

FTP is FTP -- here at Fourth World we have no need to learn your FTP login.

There are a number of other differences we could go into, and the upcoming WebMerge Server Edition will widen the gulf further, but here I'm a guest in someone else's forum so I'll keep this post brief.

It's been flattering to see them use my product's name in promoting their service (the Google-fodder doorway at http://www.scriptfeed.com/webmerge.php is especially cute). I didn't realize quite how successful we were until companies started positioning themselves as another way of doing what we've been doing for years.
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Richard,
    didn't realize quite how successful we were
    You are correct! This is a very succesful program you have and I highly recommend all to use it.

I will recommend WebMerge every single time to any affiliate. I have used WebMerge myself. There is always going to be some competitors and those seeking to take away from succesful programs like yours. I have seen their program work good, and just a little different than yours now, but I know you are working on the server editon and will be perfect for what affiliates need.

You have continued to show support for your program and dedication and been there since the beginning, so If I recommend similar ones it's only because of my consulting part and affiliates requesting diff tools.

Keep up the good work with WebMerge. We are on standby for Server Edition.

but here I'm a guest in someone else's forum so I'll keep this post brief.
    I think we all welcome your posts and updates. So please don't be brief at all.

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by jrami
    Richard,
    You are correct! This is a very succesful program you have and I highly recommend all to use it.

I will recommend WebMerge every single time to any affiliate. I have used WebMerge myself.
    Keep up the good work with WebMerge. We are on standby for Server Edition.

I think we all welcome your posts and updates. So please don't be brief at all.

Thank you for the kind words, Jorge. Much appreciated.

Rather than indulge in a bullet-point war in a general forum, I'd much rather focus on positive outcomes and would encourage you to post any suggestions you might have for our server product in our ABW forum -- we have a thread for that:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=56037

I also have a poll in our forum on server OSes which will help prioritize my testing -- please feel free to participate in that poll.

I do have a question about pricing though that I was unable to determine from the scriptfeed site that you may be able to clarify:

With WebMerge you buy it once and can use it to process any number of feeds from any vendor forever. Although the Server Edition is a separate product the same policy will apply.

With the scriptfeed service it appears they charge on a per-feed basis, so unless you work with just one vendor it can rack up pretty quickly. But what I wasn't able to determine is how long you get you use what you paid for, i.e., does buying a $20 feed processing task get me just one shot at it, a year's worth of processing, or is it forever like it is with WebMerge?

If their usage policy is as liberal as WebMerge's I fear for their cash flow -- selling unlimited server processing forever with a one-time fee seems like a short path to going broke.

Here we simply let you run the software you paid for on your systems whenever you want; the customers appreciate the flexibility and we never have to worry about our server load.
    Richard Gaskin

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by FourthWorld
    If their usage policy is as liberal as WebMerge's I fear for their cash flow -- selling unlimited server processing forever with a one-time fee seems like a short path to going broke.
    Was thinking the same thing, I am curious how this service will scale, as creating and sending large sites's worth of feeds can tax a computer, seeing 100 people doing it at once would be interesting. It seems to me a company concept that succeeds only if it fails.

Chet

Millionaire on training wheels Justdoit's Avatar
    Time for a bit of a review...Scriptfeed does work as promised, got a couple of feeds set up from them,put them on established sites, created a special ftp access for the only and the sales started to roll in within 2 weeks...
    HOWEVER.... I did not give them permission to reveal my sites, which they currently do when they show examples of customers sites that have pages indexed in the main seach engines... Call me paranoid but I like my privacy and I have redirected the site traffic and will never again use their service if they are that free with giving out their clients site addresses...

Affiliate Manager
    Agreed. At Fourth World we provide links only if explicitely requested -- see our Gallery page: http://www.fourthworld.com/products/...e/gallery.html

I would never think of posting any customer info without their explicit permission.
    Richard Gaskin

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread