Thumbs up Campainge Negative Sites...
    well now that this is an option on adsense, how do I go about and start better targeting of those big dopey scraper sites?

right now I'm just putting in my domain name in google and looking at who is linking to me and if they're a scraper site then that site goes into the list.

it'd be great if there was a list of these sites,

I have 456 with my domain name in theirs.
    askjeeves.com
    lovefifi.com
    csrestorer.com
    mattressguides.com
    contactscorner.com
    freebay.com
    affiliatesjunction.com
    I could list them all ,but is it going to help?

Quote Originally Posted by mailman
    My 2cents. With data feeds etc, why can't we accept orders from our own sites and then forward them at the close of day? We would then have a record of our sales to compare at the end of the month. We place to much trust in the "Middleman". There must be some smart programmer out there who could write this script. Hell I would pay for one knowing that I am the "MASTER OF MY DOMAIN".
    I posted this in April and I believe this is the only way affiliate marketing will suceed.
    First lets look at the "TRUSTED THIRD" party seninero. They as the middleman ,set up the links for both the merchant and publisher. In return they charge a setup fee along with a monthly set fee and I believe that it is around 250.00 per month. Along with this they also get a piece of the commission, or in most cases ALL THE COMMISSION. We as affiliates have no recourse to question what is being run thru our sites, they control this and they can baffle us with all kinds of Bullshit! Remember this, we are all small players in this huge marketplace and do you really think they care when we question them. No because they have thousands of small players like ourselves that in total, send them hundreds of thousands clicks a day. So whats one whinner?
    Now look at the SE's. They to are in this for the bucks and you can tell by all the SPONSERED links they have on a page when you search out a keyword. Hell most of them have no business being there but guess what? They pay for this. Search out any keyword and I bet ebay has a sponsered link.
    They say the problem with adwares and parasite's will be cleaned up in the future. As fast as they shut one down another will pop up and take it's place. It's huge money! Do you think adware programs coming out of China and Russia will be shut down?
    I don't think so. I still believe we have to be able to accept our own orders, on our own sites and forward them ourselves. Call it drop shipping or whatever. I call it protecting my sales that my site has generated without parasites stealing them. I also call it protecting the consumer, our customers. Who really needs a "TRUSTED THIRD PARTY"? Do you really need someone else counting your money? Do you need someone else looking after your books? There is a old saying "BOOKS CAN AND WILL AWAYS BE COOKED"!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    No way will the inexperienced affiliate force gain the trust or be allowed to acquire a merchant's customer base by recording ...then forwarding sales. Shoppers would revolt the first time a sleazeball greed driven affiliate turns to selling off customer information, CC#'s and e-mail spamming the sucess list. Dream on or turn to the real Safe Haven Network model www.ecomcity.com/safehaven-network.htm
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

lol, just found out that google only allows 25 sites, they need to increase that.

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    I have 456 with my domain name in theirs.
    I wouldn't worry about AskJeeves. They're a major UK search engine that has gone global.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread