but didn't sell a thing for Yule. All of a sudden Aziregreen is starting to sell again. What gives?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Didn't you say Pagans bought GAG gifts for Yule in Virtual Family? Maybe you had too many "real" gifts...

Well, that Azuregreen sale for today has already been reversed! Why am I not surprised?

Well, I don't really want the majority of my posts here to be about Pagans and Pagan problems but I will answer your question. I really come here to talk about affiliate marketing related things.

Yes, Pagans do generally buy gag gifts for exchange in the Pagan community in late December. But, there are also some real gifts. Pagans often have family members that expect gift exchanges and who wouldn't understand if a person choose to withdraw from the whole thing (as many would like to), so they're kind of stuck with it. Also, remember, a lot of Pagans are still in the broom closet and just try to blend in to their surroundings. Opting out could lead to discussions that are not welcome on either side and it's easier and kinder to go with the flow than break your Grandmother's heart and worry her (or anyone else you love) with personal information about your religious preferences that she doesn't really need nor want to know before she dies. Because we love them, we often choose to let the old folks believe what they will.

I think this big late-December spending frenzy is something Pagans are generally trying to break away from. This massive gift exchanging doesn't have any religious significance to us such as re-enacting the gifts of the Magi. And, it is often financially harmful to people who frequently feel pressured to participate.

However, in 2001 I should have seen some activity although nothing like a non-Pagan site. Things are rarely all one way or another.

P.S. My "real" gifts amounted to one bathrobe with matching slippers, six pairs of socks, one caldron. I gave about the same. My whole family is Pagan.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: SSanf ]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Aw...so many socks... ("necessary items" as gifts--Urgh.)

Since you mentioned Yule I remembered that post you had made...I also remembered that your Pay Links are mostly on your content pages so I thought of possible mistargeting.

I have a few items with surprise sales patterns happening, but the majority are going as expected. I have noticed that some of the items which I would have thought of as good gifts for adults are going well NOW.

Could be your viewers were just holding off hoping that they would get the (whatever they're buying) for the holidays, and when they didn't, out are coming the credit cards.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Leader ]

Yeah, could be. I have need a caldron for a long time and would eventually have bought one if my son hadn't been so sweet. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    lolol, I coulda used some socks last week: My wife pakced our suitcase while I was at work. Came home, loaded the van and went on vacation sans socks or shirts.

-elbowcreek

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Hope the wifey packed your bathrobe and flip flops and just booked a room next to the Suana/steamroom/jacuzzi. Order room service, put quarters in the vibrating bed slot, and get a pay-per-view risque movie.

If not ..then hit the WalMart.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread