Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    New tool possibility
    Ok, if there were a tool that added unique, keyword rich, page specific, grammatically correct, verbiage in normal sentence structure to static html pages would anyone be interested in such a thing and how much would you think it was worth?

You would need to do just a couple of hours set up to ensure your verbiage was different than anyone elses and then just run the program to put unique "content" on each and every page you create, thereafter. You could make the verbiage as long or short as you wanted and it would reflect your own writing style.

Want to know if I should continue developing and refine this for general use, ie: make it marketable quality, or just get it to the point that I am content with it for my own use. What I have, so far, works excellently with statically generated Webmerge pages and will work even better if I get off my lazy butt and fiddle with it a bit.
    Last edited by SSanf; May 9th, 2005 at 05:46 AM.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Where does the content come from?

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

You have to put it in following examples provided. That way everyone would have their own. That is why you need a couple hours set up. Mainly to input your own ideas and style. The content comes from YOU! But only once, not once for every page. Or, if you think it is getting stale, you can change it.

That part is easy and somewhat creative. But, once set up, it works on page after page, all different. I have made thousands.

And here is the neat part, it is not just word substitution. The content isn't even the same length on different pages unless you set it up that way.

But, it does not have "content" in that it writes an informational article or anything like that. It is simply verbage.

There was no way I could generate thousands of pages and then go back and write a paragraph or two and put on each one. So, this is what I came up with.

I am not going to go into a lot of detail. I just want to know if there would be interest.
    Last edited by SSanf; May 9th, 2005 at 06:09 AM.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Oh, and the subject of the content specific to the page it is writing on.
    Last edited by SSanf; May 9th, 2005 at 06:45 AM.

can you give us a sample of the content it generated?

No.

I have said I need to smooth it out a bit. But, that isn't really a problem except for laziness on my part. I have mixed and not matched my plurals and singulars so it doesn't read as smoothly as it will. Additionally, I may have already said too much. I know this idea could readily be stolen.

I just want to know if there is interest. I am not ready to market or sell it. Should that time come, I will provide lots of samples.

Thinking I need to apply for a patent, or something like that. Or, maybe offer it to Webmerge to include with that.

So, what do you think? Would you pay for a program that did all the above assuming that you were content with the output? You do realize garbage in, garbage out. You would need to watch you sirgulars and plurals, too because the actual original writing would come from the user. Depending on how much of a perfectionist you are, a couple of hours and you can write thousands of unique paragraphs all keyword enriched and page specific. And, have them added to the html of the page automatically.

And, yours would be different than anyone elses because you, in fact, do all the writing.
    Last edited by SSanf; May 9th, 2005 at 07:14 AM.

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    I can't remember the name of the program, but there is one out there that sounds like yours. I know that there are many that create non-human type sentances but this one creates content that is unique, different and undetectable as written by a program.
    BUT, I would much prefer to purchase such a program from someone who has used it in the trenches for different types of sites then the current one that is hyped and written mainly for internet marketing sites.

I am not 100% sure but I believe the program is over $297.

Yikes! Typos in my last edit. And, I can't edit it. Well, good example. Like I said, garbage in, garbage out.

Well, what is different, I think, about mine is that it starts from the users own writing sample and builds from there. So, it reflects your own ideas, style and way of thinking and presenting things. It creates human type phrasing, depending on the users writing skills. It writes like you think.

Your paragraph or paragraphs would talk about whatever is on the page.

Probably a little more up front effort and you may spend some small time with a thesaurus. But, it will be yours and no one elses when you have it set up.

The ringer, though, is that it goes ahead and puts it on the pages for you. No cut and paste involved.

And, there is nothing on the pages for the SEs to detect. The text is written on the pages just exactly the same as if you sat and typed it in by hand. No difference at all.

Well, I had to come up with something. I didn't get into this to do all that work, you know!

And, the funny thing is, I know some of you would write much better sounding and phrased paragraphs than I do. My samples might fall far short of what your own end product might be. The point is that the thing works and works well.
    Last edited by SSanf; May 9th, 2005 at 07:51 AM.

Talking
    reminds me of the function of the "silly tasting note generator" that I link to from my wine site:

http://www.gmon.com/tech/output.shtml

script/source code via that link, too

Nope. Mine is a lot better. And, it puts it on the pages and does the other things I mentioned. But, yes, of course, I started with a random phrase generator. You got to start somewhere.

ABW Ambassador
    I think there are already tools out there like that. Pick some keywords and keyword phrases and then the tool fills in the spaces with a lot of crap verbage.

It sounds marketable.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

its funny that this thread is here at this time,,
    I am always checking the search engines as
    lots of people use tools like this to create pages...

here is an example...
    This site has nothing to do with my brand at all...

modarators,,, feel free to remove the over exposure of my brand.
    i put it here as an example only,,,,,, its so crude

Day plazan skin care plazan skin care sadly shower prayer quarrelling lustily plazan skin care plazan skin care adapted uncivil plazan skin care plazan skin care onion fragment plazan skin care plazan skin care plazan skin care plazan skin care cupola curled plazan skin care plazan skin care letting conversation splash plazan skin care pocketed plazan skin care plazan skin care plazan skin care gasping plazan skin care rudeness plazan skin care plazan skin care plazan skin care plazan skin care plazan skin care plazan skin care plazan skin care clerk plazan skin care scales inquiry plazan skin care plazan skin care plazan skin care prove plazan skin care chuckle steps plazan skin care plazan skin care plazan skin care spreading plazan skin care plazan skin care plazan skin care incredulous baby plazan skin care solid spoon puppy's prodigiously wreaths plazan skin care plazan skin care plazan skin care plazan skin care flamingo plazan skin care folded numbers disagreeable plazan skin care puppy plazan skin care plazan skin care confronting gates washing every plazan skin care human plazan skin care plazan skin care plazan skin care bustle view filth plazan skin care brown sounds gave croquet resisted plazan skin care
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i hope your is better than this one
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

>>>care plazan skin care cupola curled plazan skin care plazan skin care letting conversation splash plazan skin care pocketed plazan skin care plazan skin care plazan skin care gasping plazan skin care rudeness plazan skin care plazan skin care plazan skin care plazan skin care plazan skin care plazan skin care plazan skin care clerk plazan skin <<<

and that's not "spamming a search engine?" just curious

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    @ Ssanf--if the generated paragraphs make sense when read by humans, rather than having a gobbledygook quality, I'd definitely be interested!

I have seen a "conceptual mockup" of a program that sounds the same. No crap verbiage there either (don't want to be too specific here). But I think it never got out of beta...

After seeing that, I'd been trying to gear myself up to write my own automatic content generator for quite a while, but I've been procrastinating. If you sell one that'll do what I want it to, I'll be glad to procrastinate forever on writing my own...

One thing to keep in mind, is to make sure the formula is varied enough (and that there's nothing that's the same on every page--ie, no links back to you or "Generated By" notices) so that Google et al can't code an algo against it!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Ok, here's sample paragraph which I would obviously adjust. I would change the word "charmed" in the program, for instance.

"We sell a huge variety of conduit fittings in every ones price range. This high quality collection of conduit fittings will win you over. We deliver more than a remarkable deal. You will be very contented by the detailed service. This makes our conduit fittings very splendid. You will no doubt long to buy again. Our conduit fittings are destined to come through with flying colors for our customers. Our conduit fittings are known all over for being beyond compare. We will be one of your favorite places to shop. We like customers who are choosy because you will be charmed with our conduit fittings. We treasure our excited customers. We hope you are so hooked with your new conduit fittings that you recommend us. Thank you so much for shopping for conduit fittings at our online store!"

Another

"We sell a broad selection of antler decorations for decorating rustic homes and lodges in every ones price range. Our great line of antler decorations for decorating rustic homes and lodges is certain to make you glad you found our site. We furnish more than only good value. You will be fascinated by the meticulous processing of your order. This makes our antler decorations for decorating rustic homes and lodges totally unrivaled. You will surely hanker to buy again. Our antler decorations for decorating rustic homes and lodges are certain to do us credit with our customers. Our antler decorations for decorating rustic homes and lodges are greatly respected for being ideal. Once you get the first item, you will be a return customer. We hope you are exacting because you will be overjoyed with our antler decorations for decorating rustic homes and lodges. We value every our tickled pink customers. We hope you are so turned on with your new antler decorations for decorating rustic homes and lodges that you mention us to others. Thank you so much for shopping for antler decorations for decorating rustic homes and lodges"

Another

"We have available a pleasing selection of Drill Accessories at very attractive prices. Our unique selection of Drill Accessories will delight you. We furnish more than a remarkable value. You will be pleasantly surprised by the exacting workmanship. This makes our Drill Accessories unrivaled. You will no doubt be eager to buy again. Our Drill Accessories are sure to delight our customers Our Drill Accessories are known everywhere as number one. You will want to come here again and again. We hope you are astute because you will be inspired with our Drill Accessories We treasure charmed customer. We hope you are so excited with your new Drill Accessories that you help get the word out about our store Thank you so very much for shopping for Drill Accessories at our store!"

Another

"We sell a good assortment of Crates and Carriers For Extra Small Dogs at a price that you can afford. This large assortment of Crates and Carriers For Extra Small Dogs is sure to make you happy. We have more than just a good deal. You will be excited by the true craftmanship. This makes our Crates and Carriers For Extra Small Dogs unsurpassable. You will plainly itch to buy again. Our Crates and Carriers For Extra Small Dogs are confident to cater to our customers Our Crates and Carriers For Extra Small Dogs are greatly respected for being excellent. You will want to come here again and again. We hope you are exacting because you will be delighted with our Crates and Carriers For Extra Small Dogs We treasure thrilled customer. We hope you are so elated with your new Crates and Carriers For Extra Small Dogs that you help get the word out about our store Thank you very much for shopping for Crates and Carriers For Extra Small Dogs at our store!"

These are rough examples. Yours would be better because they would be created around your own paragraphs and you would choose your own variables.

Don't know about the word "itch" with pet products!!! LOL!

You have to generate a few then go back and adjust the terms you thought of that just didn't work for you, like "charmed" and "itch".

Might just sell a copy to Leader. I know she would put the two hours or so up front writing into it that would make all her pages unique.

I took those off my pages pretty much at random since they are all about the same in quality, right now.

If I get off my lazy butt, I can smooth out the rough points pretty fast as you can see. You would have to get off your butt and do the same for your own paragraphs.

In other words, It is a tool to make the end product. It is not the end product. That is what you would make.
    Last edited by SSanf; May 9th, 2005 at 05:58 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    oh brother

I take it that you don't like it, then?

Probably, you just don't like the original paragraph or my writing style. Granted, there are a lot of people who can use this to do better than those samples.

That one I think had 53 variable strings with 3 to 10 variables in each string. So you do the math on the combinations. And, after you add the keywords, how much more unique can the paragraph get?

And, anyone can do that with a random sentence generator. But, the fact that mine attatches itself to the pages and adds the subject into the paragraph is what is different. You can put the paragraph anywhere you want on the html or shtml, page.

But, like I said, I am not ready to market it. I just want feed-back, now.

no links back to you or "Generated By" notices
    Nope, ain't got none. It is a simple little stripped down program at this point that is just made for my own use. Nothing so far to indicate anyone else would want it but me and thee anyway.
    Last edited by SSanf; May 9th, 2005 at 06:30 PM.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    Nope, ain't got none. It is a simple little stripped down program at this point that is just made for my own use. Nothing so far to indicate anyone else would want it but me and thee anyway.
    I would be interested in seeing what it will do also Sandra.

OK, since it is such a dumb little way of putting verbage on pages, I suspect it is a bit embarrasing to admit it in public even if you are interested since it is so half baked, right now.

So, if anyone is interested, they can PM me, too.

Give me another day or two, OK. I have another refinement I need to test out, tomorrow, that will make it even easier to use.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    The variations could be a bit more different from each other...looks like it could be algoed against with a bit of effort, the way it is now...

Speaking of SEs, I almost forgot the most important part. The big question of the day is: Does it RANK?

oh brother~TrustNo1

Certainly you didn't think the SE arms race would just stop! Haw haw
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Does it RANK?
    Heck, I dunno. I just started doing it myself on a new site.

I figured the SEs want verbage, give 'em verbage.

But, tell you what, depending on what you input, I don't see how the SEs can tell the difference between that and you writing a lot of blah, blah, blah.

And, yes, I expect yours WILL have more variety and read better.

And, Leader, I won't take a dime from you if you want the gizzmo. I never would have earned a penny at this if it weren't for a lot of your posts.

Certainly you didn't think the SE arms race would just stop! Haw haw
    And, really, I am the least likely person to pick up the arms race. But, what's a mother to do, anyway? Ya gotta do what ya gotta do!
    Last edited by SSanf; May 9th, 2005 at 10:01 PM.

"Verbiage" is the correct spelling of the word.

Actually, i think this is rather interesting.

What about getting it to read the 'product description' in a datafeed and using that
    to create your 'own unique description' that you would use. This way all datafeed sites would end up having different product descriptions, etc.

It does sound very interesting and I would be very interested when you decide to market it, etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast