Thumbs up Multi-layered customer service to the rescue!
    Luckily, Linkshare went to great lengths to make sure affiliates could easily update their accounts.

Even though we were prevented from updating our account information - because, apparently, our multi-million dollar corporation that operates in three states doesn't really exist - Linkshare provided multiple ways to get things back on track.

First, they implemented a Live Help feature. Simple, yet brilliant. We clicked on that and entered the minimal information required - wow, simple, clean ... cutting-edge stuff! The next window, however gave us a JavaScript error. Of course, Linkshare is a big company with lots things to worry about, so minor details like customer service tend to fall through the cracks. Maybe when the intern comes back with coffee from Starbucks, he can debug the code.

Fear not, we thought. There's another nifty option that allows you to schedule a phone call with a Linkshare representative. Why, bless my soul, what a tremendous idea - putting a rep on the phone to address relatively minor problems like not being able to log into an account. This sounded too good to be true! We, again, fill out the required information, which was, again, quite minimal. We were on our way!

Sadly, we were not, really, on our way. Because, it was, in fact, too good to be true. Several attempts ended with the same page - Page Cannot Be Displayed.

Don't worry Linkshare, I know you can't be bothered with actually addressing these issues. I'm sure you've got important things to do. Maybe some day we'll actually be able to get back into our account. Maybe some day I'll actually talk to a Linkshare rep - either on the phone or through your nifty, though inoperative, Live Chat function. Maybe some day I'll get the sense that your company actually gives two hoots about the common affiliate. Maybe. Some day.

I can dream, can't I?

15 years and counting
    LOL, I feel bad for you, I cant' help but I understand what you're going thru.

apparently I am missing something here - but we have two accounts and both were re-confirmed on our first try a few days ago, no problem.

heisje

Quote Originally Posted by heisje
    apparently I am missing something here - but we have two accounts and both were re-confirmed on our first try a few days ago, no problem.

heisje

Sounds like an anti-phillyBurbs conspiracy to me ...

Not to worry, I'm sure the crack Linkshare Customer Service team is on the task already, getting to the bottom of this vexing problem.

You could PM Stephen. That's usually about as effective as the other things you've tried.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by heisje

heisje

You just seem to have all the good luck that we don't.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    LOL, Karl! I'm not laughing at your dillemma - but your cut to the bone sarcasm! I love reading your posts, but alas that won't help you with your LS problem... Sorry about that! I have to say that (knock on wood) I haven't had any problems with LS through all this. The only hiccup I've noticed on my end is that sales tend to back up over a week or so before they hit the reports, and of course I'm waiting for my check as well. I wish all of you had the fortune that the few of us that are unscathed have. I know how awful, and horribly frustating this must be for those of you that are losing everything because of LS - including your identities apparently!

I have my fingers crossed for you!
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread