Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Did my consolidated check get mailed today?
    To any and all LinkShare employees:

Does anyone there in the home office know if my consolidated check was mailed today? One of my merchants said they were told they would go out on May 8th. I know, I know, Mr. Messer said in another thread on Friday that it would be sometime this week, but since he does not seem to know what all really goes on with affiliates and about affiliate/merchant communication, I thought maybe one of the staff there at LS might be reading this and can tell us what is really happening. I know the policy there at LS is not to communicate with affiliates, so if you want to protect your job and PM me, I promise not to post your response here.

I know I really should try to be more patient these last several weeks...waiting for that nice big check you have been holding back from that responsible, timely merchant at LS who I should have gotten paid over two weeks ago. Yeah, I know my creditors should also be patient...gee, if it is okay for Mr. Messer to be late paying his obligations while he is off on trips, my creditors should understand that right? After all, he is the CEO of this big company.

Well, I know it is asking a lot, but thought I would check to see if there was someone there at LS brave enough to break the strict communication rules and let me know when checks are sent.

Thanks in advance.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Ron, I can see the smoke comin' out of your ears!!

I think it's time an affiliate in New York GOES to Linkshare, knocks on their door, and takes a picture of a Linkshare employee.

I am convinced it's an empty building!! (an appropriate MrSal smileything here)

Also, leave the sarcasm to us pros!
    Last edited by Billy Kay; May 9th, 2005 at 04:37 PM. Reason: needed more sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay

Also, leave the sarcasm to us pros!
    Yeah, I obviously am not as practiced as you folks. LOL

So far I've had no PM's from LS employees.

What if I send a Krispy Kreme gift certificate? (can that be considered a bribe?)
    7 Days A Week Marketing

At this point... whatever works!

None of the normal avenues work!

Have you tried...

"Telegram for Mongo"

"Telegram for Mongo"

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    At this point... whatever works!

None of the normal avenues work!

Have you tried...

"Telegram for Mongo"

"Telegram for Mongo"

then you will find Mongo only a pawn in the Game of Life . . .

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'd love to see Mongo punchout a horse carrying some AdWhore damsel in distress. I warned you' all 2005 was going to rock the affiliate industry until they let the consumers have a real say on what's acceptable advertising methods. None of the big three are prepared for ignoring the backlash.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    What if I send a Krispy Kreme gift certificate? (can that be considered a bribe?)
    That won't work unless they are cops.

Mike...

You are the only person in the world who can use Mongo and AdWhore in the same sentence!!!

Actually, I'm posting 'cause the 5-second rule wouldn't let me edit!

It's...

CANDYGRAM for Mongo!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    ROLMAO ....and pass me a plate of those Mongo Beans. I'll fed em' to some Adwhores in Deadwood, so they can't easily sneak up on folks without giving away there positions.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Did my consolidated check get mailed today?

Dream on 7-Days.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy

Dream on 7-Days.
    The great thing is that with a post title like this and the subject in question, this post will be current for days and days and days and...
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I'm tired . . .

Seriously, the problem now is that LS's Athena has so many problems, it's deployment has to be pushed back. So yes, they are going to be issuing checks again!

There is only one small catch - many of the checks will be made out to the wrong payee! Few will be able to deposit them into their account. Have any of you looked at the "payee" for your account in the Linkshare interface?

If you look at this thread, you'll find others who have had, and are having problems with checks from Linkshare.
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=57123

Linkshare is now caught between a rock and a hard place. They can't provide consolidated payments, and if they issue checks - they won't be cash-able at the affiliate's local bank.

Short story, a lot of affiliates that will have their Linkshare payments delayed by many months.

Does anyone care?

Fred

We care but Linkshare could obviously give a rat's ass about us.
    hmmm .... rats ... asses .... geez that was appropriate in more ways than one!!
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Would that be a fraud if I write my name on the top of the "payable to" field which currently contains my website name? What do you think?

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by mattdunbar
    Would that be a fraud if I write my name on the top of the "payable to" field which currently contains my website name? What do you think?
    With the number of people saying it will take weeks and months to get replacement checks (no surprise there), it is very tempting. I am trying to decide if I should get a typwriter, or try to line up my laser printer just right, match the font and go.

Some checks in the past had both my name and my business/website name on it, and it proved no difficulty at all.

I can't offer legal advice on the subject, beyond my college law classes, which say don't do it.

Fred
    PS: Dawg, that spelled "Patootie" Heheh...

New day, same question...Did my LS check get mailed today?

Okay, none of the LS emmployees have PM'd me yet. Guess my bribe was not good enough. How about a Starbucks coupon to go with the donuts? No? Okay, make me an offer.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I would have thought more people cared about their money. Perhaps we are the only ones with issues. Well, that should be easy to fix for LS then, eh? Just a few to fix - hint - hint...

Fred

Darn. Nothing at my business PO box today and no word from LS as to when my check was mailed. Last word one of my merchants got was they would be mailed on May 8th. Okay, the Post Office is slow this week. I'll go check the PO box again tomorrow. It should be there by then, right?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Not to burst your bubble....but girls of the world are nothing but trouble....

The Fresh prince WAS the bomb...

I spoke to customer service this afternoon and I was told
    that checks arent being sent out till either Thursday or early
    next week.

Apparantly we will be able to check on Thursday.

Well, I don't have a clue what you are talking about MDiddy in the first part of your post, but the last part is very clear. If LS is even thinking about sending those checks next week they are in big trouble.

Frankly, if LS Customer Service is telling folks that call about when checks are being sent out...and that information varies a bit from what Mr. Messer told us...why are the whole LS group of affiliates not hearing this at the same time? An email, a posting would be the right thing to do for PR purposes.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Maybe I got it wrong...but I was told that some sorta changeover is happening Thursday, the old into the new.

So assuming that I was told the right info....It make sense that we will not get paid until at least next week, as the reports arent even posted yet.

If you put two and two together we have two chances of getting paid this week....slim and none.

I dont recall anyone posting that we were getting our money this week but if you are buying....I'd love a venti vanilla frappachino and a NY Cheesecake Krispy Kreme...

Thanx dude....your'e the bomb!

"I dont recall anyone posting that we were getting our money this week"

Read below ...

May 6th, 2005, 06:49 PM
    smesser

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First payments should go out next week. We are just fianlizing a few things.

============================
    So, Yes it has been posted by the #1 so if we're Not going to be paid, We should be updated and given a FIRM date.

ABW Ambassador
    I hope they do NOT send out the checks until they let us correct the payee name. Rather 1 week delay to correct the problem than a few months delay to get a check that we can actually cash in.

Oy Vay......It SAYS SHOULD!

Should is not the checks are going out....

Should means that in a perfect world they will go out, but dont count on it happening.

Whats up with Boston Rob and Amber losing the Amazing Race....that kinda sucks...they should have won

Diddy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast