Edit Legal Entity
    I switched to your new "consolidated" system and now my name is listed as the company name. I would fix this error but, unfortunately, that option isn't actually editable.

My name is also listed as "Payable to" under "Payment Information." I would change it to the company name as well but, unfortunately, that option is also not actually editable.

I'm not interested in BETA TESTING your new system.

I simply want my company's checks to continue to be made out to my company, not to me.

Fix this problem. ASAP.

Linkshare has said it is going to take weeks to fix. Get ready, any checks coming to you will not be made out correctly.

See this thread:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=58014

Fred

Thank goodness I use a business name that also allows me to deposit money under my personal name. If they had screwed up my check, after waiting 2-3 weeks for it already, it would be time to contact the NY BBB.

This is just no way to run a business and their poor business practices are having a direct effect on affiliates cash flow, while all the while our commissions are sitting in LS's bank earning interest.

People kind of chuckled when I suggested LS pay us interest for the money they are holding for us in their bank. Will you still be chuckling when LS sits on your money for a couple more months reissuing checks? Will you still be chuckling when your car payment or electric bill is due?

Is LS doing any kind of cross check to see that, Oh My, look, this affiliate changed their payee from their name to thier website name. Hmmm, looks like a real trend this week. Guess they know something we don't know.

Yeah, Right!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I also have a business account that has my name on it, but nowhere do I have the website name on it. Linkshare has the website name listed as the biz name. If I had a seperate bank account for every website I would go broke buying deposit slips.

15 years and counting
    7 Days - This is just no way to run a business and their poor business practices are having a direct effect on affiliates cash flow, while all the while our commissions are sitting in LS's bank earning interest.
    "You should know that all monies LinkShare receives from Merchants are held in segregated non-operating accounts that bear no interest, which is to say, LinkShare is not making any money from your money before it is paid over to you." from the Important LinkShare Announcement sent Wed, 11 May 2005

That's a very poorly implemented "consolidated payments". How do you call somebody holding your money for more than 3 months?

Linkshare may not be making any money off of our commissions that are being held for several weeks (or months in your case), but neither are we!!!!! I had to pull funds from a savings account to cover my expenses last week. I am not making interest off of that amount in savings. Yeah, LS is not coming out ahead they tell us, but we got the worst end of the deal.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Newby Apologist
    How about LS puts that money into an interest-bearing account, and when payments are delayed the affiliates get the interest. Nah, too easy...

7-Days wrote:
    I had to pull funds from a savings account to cover my expenses last week
    Ditto!

I was told by my account rep that we should be able to edit the "Payable to" information on Monday. (Of course the next cutoff is Monday at 9am, so it's likely that the second check will have the wrong "Payable to" also.)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread