Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    where do we verify our identity?
    If I understand correctly, we are supposed to verify our identity before our consolidated check will be sent to us. From the various posts, I get the impression that I will be prompted to verify as soon as I log on, but that isn't happening. I still have the old login, nothing is different.

Am I missing something? Or are they just verifying people in batches? If that's the case, then our checks could be held even longer?

When I log into LinkShare, I am greeted by this message:
    LinkShare has introduced an enhanced affiliate registration and management system. We think this enhanced affiliate registration and management system will provide you with greater control over your business activities with LinkShare through one master account. This is a necessary first step toward paving the way to future enhancements that will give you and your merchant partners better tools to manage your affiliate programs. It will also help you create different marketing channels within your master account. These marketing channels will help you track your transaction activity on a channel-specific and targeted basis. Most importantly, this enhanced system will also set the stage for our launch of consolidated payment and direct deposit services later this spring.
    Then there is a JOIN NOW button. The problem is that there are four screens to the process. I can't ever get past the second screen because it says:
    Your submission contained the errors listed below. Please update the form and re-submit:
    Error, we were not able to verify your legal name and address with a third party verification service. Please check your legal name and address and try again.
    My corporation has had the same legal name and address since incorporation in 1996. My corporation is listed in Dun & Bradstreet, and yet, Linkshare is using a 3rd Party service that can't determine that the corporation exists.

All I want to know is when they are going to fix this glitch.

If you're not getting the screen, perhaps they've already verified that you are who you say you are.

Tracy
    If you're not getting the screen, perhaps they've already verified that you are who you say you are.
    Or maybe you already regsitered your legal entity earlier in March.

marcelle

It doesn't sound familiar, and I've been using Linkshare for a few years. From what everyone is describing, it sounds like it would have been a memorable experience, lol.

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Mine says I am already verified. You can check by doing this:
    1) Go to 'Your Account'
    2) Then 'Update Profile'
    3) Then scroll down to 'Consolidate Affiliate Channels'

I suspect that if you don't receive the message everyone else is mentioning, then you are already "legally validated".
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

I went throught the 4 screen process last night. I had not previously updated my legal Identity, so it automatically started the process when I logged in. I also had to change my password (not enough numbers) and agree to terms and such.
    mel

Quote Originally Posted by lstolze
    Mine says I am already verified. You can check by doing this:
    1) Go to 'Your Account'
    2) Then 'Update Profile'
    3) Then scroll down to 'Consolidate Affiliate Channels'

I suspect that if you don't receive the message everyone else is mentioning, then you are already "legally validated".
    When I scroll down, I can't find "Consolidate Affiliate Channels" anywhere. I only have one account, with one website. So, I don't have anything to consolidate. Yet, every time I log in I get that darn screen.

I got this from my LinkShare Account Manager:

Hi Chuck -
    Yes - the third phase of our Athena verification system went into affect this week. There have been some isolated issues but they are making adjustments to the verification accordingly.

That's correct - this new system should really help curb the fraudulent activity going on. Existing affiliates need to re-register and new affiliates are going through a new registration process when they join.
    Their information is now being verified by a third party to confirm that they are a legal entity.

This way, people won't be able to create these ghost accounts anymore with false information. Aside from the hiccups that we're experiencing - it should be really good for the network in the long run.

Thanks!
    Greg

Hope this helps,

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by chucktool
    I got this from my LinkShare Account Manager:

Hi Chuck -
    Yes - the third phase of our Athena verification system went into affect this week. There have been some isolated issues but they are making adjustments to the verification accordingly.

That's correct - this new system should really help curb the fraudulent activity going on. Existing affiliates need to re-register and new affiliates are going through a new registration process when they join.
    Their information is now being verified by a third party to confirm that they are a legal entity.

This way, people won't be able to create these ghost accounts anymore with false information. Aside from the hiccups that we're experiencing - it should be really good for the network in the long run.

Thanks!
    Greg

Hope this helps,
    Well I spoke to a Regina today at Linkshare who said there is still a bug in the system, so it won't work until Monday.

15 years and counting
    There have been some isolated issues
    How can we trust LinkShare? They just can't tell the truth.

"Their information is now being verified by a third party to confirm that they are a legal entity."

The third party is unable to confirm that I am (or that others are) a legal entity.

B#tching and moaning by a handful of ragtag affiliates like me and others on a message board isn't going to accomplish anything either.

As a Linkshare client, you should not have to put up with this. You are not getting what you are paying Linkshare for. Their actions may not be deliberate, but their inaction is. Existing affiliates cannot access links to promote your products with.

What if your bank froze all of your payable and receivable transactions because they were "unable to confirm that the (creditor or customer) is a legal entity? How many days would your business last?

Chocolate_Chicken: I appreciate all the feedback and honesty. Yes, I know that some affiliates just want to vent and deserve to. Reality is that the big networks are like the big 3 Television networks or the big 3 US auto makers. Some decisions are not made with the affiliates in mind and that is probably going to bite us in the A$$ sooner rather than later. Right now I need to get what we have optimized and moving forward. Then I plan to evaluate where we are and where we should be heading.

Affiliate feedback helps and I expect some LinkShare bashing. If I were to hear from my top affiliates that they are leaving because of the network then it would be different.

For now we live with the shortcomings and improve where we can. Moving to a different system is always an option but it creates all kinds of new problems.

Don't kill the messenger,

Just as an update to my original post, it appears that I have already verified some time ago, but just don't remember, so that's why I'm not getting the screen now. Luckily, everything is correct, including the payee. Now all I have to wonder about is when my check will be mailed

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginger
    Just as an update to my original post, it appears that I have already verified some time ago, but just don't remember, so that's why I'm not getting the screen now. Luckily, everything is correct, including the payee. Now all I have to wonder about is when my check will be mailed
    Count me in that group waiting for word on when the first batch of March Checks will be cut. When the check arrives in my mailbox, regardless of amount I'll see some pressure taken off Linkshare and their normally quick paying merchants. Until someone like Overstock posts a payment status to their 40,000 affiliates the steam pressure will rise.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Chuck,

Thanks for your information and comments. It's always important to hear that LS merchants are not exactly pleased when we see all this going on. Your other comments are well taken, but I no longer see this as the three big networks. Linkshare is becoming more of a cable channel included in my cable package. They are no longer a premium channel for me.

I may not be a top affiliate (heck, I have not yet built that datafeed site for you that we talked about), but with the recent events I'm certainly not going to go off and build a bunch of sites for LS merchants. I'm building sites for merchants at CJ that can pay me 20 days after the month (in my bank the very next day).

When and if LS can prove itself to be a team player, maybe they will be in the premium line up again.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

http and a telephoto
    I can't get past the second page either. This is bullhocky.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

We are a business and take our affiliate commissions seriously. Our commissions where pulled on the 6th and processed for payment to LinkShare. Last month we got hit with the consolidated payments and all affiliates who had less then $25 in commissions were billed to us. That resulted in several thousand $$ more than usual and we were happy to pay it since affiliates loudly responded that it was their number one concern.

From where I sit it seems that LinkShare is trying to improve their technology and quality of affiliates. Affiliates can always walk away from LinkShare. It seems that there are a number of high identity merchants there so that is why I feel that affiliates tolerate them.

15 years and counting
    How do you feel to have been charged several thousand $$ more than usual and to know your affiliates are not getting their money?
    LinkShare is trying to improve their technology and quality of affiliates.
    That's another LinkShare spin. This S. Messer is the number one responsible for the low quality of LS affiliates. This ### was so proud to introduce the technology affiliates using BHOs, cookie stuffing and adware/spyware download and pushing them to merchants like you. Check threads 2 or 3 years old or the Titanium award thread. HE IS the one to blame.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Chuck you can join the elite group of LS merchant AM's here at ABW, who actually do take responsibility for their programs payments and performance. Most are not run by AM's who are either merchant employees or willing to come here and pass themselves off a pro-active to domain bound affiliates.

You can bet "Athena" promises were made by LS to merchant AM's who do give a rats ass on issues like prompt payment, accurate reporting of the actual referring affiliate's sales, and growing their creative placements on actual affiliate pages. None of those type merchants like the March payment delays and bad PR of getting piled into those programs run by the LS Professional AM group. Those hundreds of merchant programs sure aren't concerned their un-washed affiliate sheeple haven't been paid for minor balances as they don't even recognize an affiliate till they reach the $1000.00/monthly payout threshold.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Interesting point ecomcity: Last year 40 affiliates made 85% of our sales. We have 15k+ affiliates who have joined our program. This is a business and I am looking for ways to find the next 40 affiliates who can bring us a 100% increase in sales. I understand that there are many affiliates who working their sites as a business. They deserve to be treated like partners and paid on time.

So my question is: Have affiliates who have gone through the re-registration procedure with LinkShare been paid for thier March commission?

Quote Originally Posted by chucktool
    They deserve to be treated like partners and paid on time.
    Woooeeee, that would be way out on a limb for the folks at LinkShare. But I am glad to see you feel this way (thanks).

To answer your other question, no one has received March payments yet so there is no way to tell.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

http and a telephoto
    Chuck, you and other merchants have paid Linkshare and because the Linkshare system isn't allowing us to register properly they are sitting on your money collecting interest. We aren't being paid. You and other merchants should be raising the roof with them over this.
    Deborah Carney

loxly: I have a conference call with LinkShare this afternoon and will ask what is going on. I will post what I hear back to the forum.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    "bullhockey" Deb???

Jesse is listening!!

dont make me have you banned

or to quote Jack: LOL (private joke)
    Last edited by Billy Kay; May 12th, 2005 at 02:35 PM. Reason: forgot how to make a Happy Face

http and a telephoto
    BULLHOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!

Tell Jesse that is an ok thing to say in public.

If anyone from Linkshare is listening, I have now been locked out for too many attempts at verifying my identity and cannot try again until some unspecified future date.

Give me my F%&*^*^%$$ money and cancel my account. If you can't figure out that I am a real person, I don't want to F%^&^%&*%$^& deal with you anymore, and NO you CAN'T get out of paying me the money you owe me to date.

All Linkshare links are coming DOWN. Merchants, are you listening???? If we don't/can't get paid we DON'T promote you or your products or services. I don't work for free.
    Deborah Carney

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast