Linking Question
    I am building a stand alone (not Affiliate) shoe site. Is it ok to link my affiliate shoe sites to the new one or will all the affiliate linkes hurt the stand alone site?
    Thanx
    winning is a habit unfortunately so is losing

lurk
    As long as the links are with relative sites (which they are) it will help your new sites rankings. The ideal situation would be for you to have all those sites link to your new site but not have your new site link back to them. That shows more credibility to the search engines which will improve your ranking.

No, Robert, it will not hurt any side of the exchange. Go ahead - link 'em! Link popularity is good.

Geno

Having related link sites to back your site is a good strategy--just go on. I wish you all the luck...

Quote Originally Posted by jrod805
    As long as the links are with relative sites (which they are) it will help your new sites rankings. The ideal situation would be for you to have all those sites link to your new site but not have your new site link back to them. That shows more credibility to the search engines which will improve your ranking.
    This sounds spot on to me any other opinions?
    winning is a habit unfortunately so is losing

lurk
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert484848
    This sounds spot on to me any other opinions?

If someone were to make 1000 websties and just link everyone to each other, that would make it have a high PR correct? Wrong.

Search engines check if the same sites are linking back to each other to catch people who do this... not to say that you cant link back to a site that links to you and that is necessaraly bad, but if you do it with 1000 websites, you are obviously trading links with any site you can find to increase your pagerank, which Google frowns upon. There are plenty of link trading websites link linkmarket.net, linkexchanged.com, etc. with a large number of users trading as many links as they can, which is why Google has to use those factors in their algorythms to weed out those people.

With that said, Google will see your site more credible if you have more sites that link to you that you aren't linked back with (especially if their content is relative to yours). Now if you have small portion that you do link back with, that can still improve your rank, it's just not wise to do it with a large number of sites.

Hope that helps, anyone else have an opinion on the matter?

- Jason

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread