My Trip To California
    I am going to California next week for e3. I will be meeting my Rydium.com and old ValueClick Rep. (I heard the VC one is hot)

Anywho what are the do's and don'ts about California. I already been told not to wear a yankee cap. I have also been told to avoid freeway because people get shot on it a lot. I was also told not to wear red or blue.

I think most people are just pulling my leg but those of you in LA can you tell me what to expect? It's my first trip to the west coast.

There are parts of Los Angeles you shouldn't go no matter what color you are wearing. In the rest of the city you can wear whatever you want.

I drive the freeways all the time and never worry about it. You should too.

See the La Brea Tar Pits if you get a chance.
    Last edited by missdonna; May 10th, 2005 at 09:27 PM. Reason: forgot to suggest tar pits
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

I might have a chance to site see on Saturday before I leave at 10 PM i got a late flight just for that
    Friday I am going to the Dodger Game against the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim lol that name cracks me up.

Wednesday I have a party at the Market Center. What is that like? Then on wednesday I have a party at the avalon. Whats that like? The one at the avalon is supposed to be televised on BET and there are gonna be celebs. from the list I say b and c celebs.

i've been there several times, and the place is indeed very nice! Happy Trip dude!

I was born and raised in California. Great place!! I don't think anything that your friends told you is true. If you have a chance, try to check out San Diego. That's by far the best, most laid back place in Southern California. Disney's California Adventure is definitely worth a look too! It's my favorite theme park!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I already been told not to wear a yankee cap. I have also been told to avoid freeway because people get shot on it a lot. I was also told not to wear red or blue.
    Raised in California all my life...I think your friend is giving you bad advise. The areas you are referring to don't really care what you wear, and driving the freeway is hectic yes, but the likely hood of anyone getting shot is one in millions, unless of course you have serious road rage and flip off the wrong person.

I would be curious to know which old Rep from ValueClick you are visiting. Know almost all the old reps and most are married with kids now. Yes there are a few "hot" ones but I think they are all married.

If you get a chance you should visit Santa Barbara area or even San Ynez "Sideways" country. Quite fun and beautiful, with great wine tasting, and lots of night clubs.

Enjoy your trip!

Regards,
    Yvette Winn
    Affiliate Manager
    http://www.maxbounty.com
    yvette@maxbounty.com

ABW Ambassador
    The title of this thread should read "My trip to LA LA Land" and that is not California!
    Get out of there and see the places others have suggested...

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Pining for SoCal
    DO go to Marina Del Rey (nice middle class area of LA) and grab a coffee and maybe lunch or dessert at Cafe BUNA on Washington Blvd. Friendly atmosphere, trendy while simple, and comfy seating with room to move.

Great coffee, great lunch menu and great service.

DO visit Santa Barbara! DO walk the pier and DO eat the best ever Shrimp Ceviche at the seafood bar there (right on the pier).

DO take a camera!

Enjoy ur trip!

DO visit Santa Barbara! DO walk the pier and DO eat the best ever Shrimp Ceviche at the seafood bar there (right on the pier).
    That would be the Santa Barbara Shellfish Company very yummy!

Regards,
    Yvette Winn
    AffiliateManager
    yvette@maxbounty.com

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Wink Is that the one?
    Yvette - you know, I can't quite remember which is which... there is a fast food place on the pier, a full out seafood restaurant and then there is a place that is really just like a little tiny place that serves seafood over a bar lined with barstools - and that's the one I'm talking about with the kicka$$ shrimp ceviche.

Oo0o0o the memories... *daydreams of Southern Cali* haha

Liz,

Yvette - you know, I can't quite remember which is which... there is a fast food place on the pier, a full out seafood restaurant and then there is a place that is really just like a little tiny place that serves seafood over a bar lined with barstools - and that's the one I'm talking about with the kicka$$ shrimp ceviche.
    The Santa Barbara Shellfish Company is the shack at the end of the pier and you can buy seafood. The restaurant is Harbor Restaurant & LongBoards, the nice restaurant is on the bottom and there is a bar/ burger and sandwich place on top LongBoards, there is also Char West which is towards the center left side of the pier which has burgers and fish and chips.

The Sea Center on the pier just re-opened after a complete renovations and it is really nice...I could go on and on about the things to do in SB, I now live in Sideways county, just north and there is also a lot more to do up here as well. There is hundreds of wineries where I live.

I grew up in the Glendale/Pasadena area, so southern California I am also quite familiar with as well.

I think in my next life I am going to write a travel book : )

Regards,
    Yvette Winn
    Affiliate Manager
    yvette@maxbounty.com

well I am not sure if I will have time to visit anyplace outside of Los Angeles. But I am going to a dodger game.
    The day I get there I have a party at the California Market something and the next day I have two parties at the Avalon of Hollywood. I am really excited about the 2nd party at the avalon of hollywood its suppose to be televised a week after the event on BET and some famouse people are suppose to be there. And all day wednesday and thursday I have apointments with different companies at e3. Friday I pretty much have the day to my self and saturday. I have the dodger game on Friday night they play the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and Santa Barbra and who knows god what other towns are in their name. Saturday my day is empty but I leave a 10 at night.

Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    I am going to California next week for e3. I will be meeting my Rydium.com and old ValueClick Rep. (I heard the VC one is hot)

Anywho what are the do's and don'ts about California. I already been told not to wear a yankee cap. I have also been told to avoid freeway because people get shot on it a lot. I was also told not to wear red or blue.

I think most people are just pulling my leg but those of you in LA can you tell me what to expect? It's my first trip to the west coast.
    The Yankee cap.
    The freeway.
    The red or blue article of clothing.
    The leg pulling.
    The drive-by shooting.
    The gangs.
    The smog.

All that crap is human made, so you can deal with it if the time comes, but I am surprised that no one has yet mentioned the real danger about California, I think it's true that they don't even want to think about it, but it's on their minds anyway.

Look, the main thing that you must do while you're in California is this:

Whether you're in an indoor party, in any building or having sex in a hotel with more than one floor, the only thing you must do is be familiar with where is the CLOSEST EMERGENCY EXIT.

Yes, get to know where is the faster way to get out of that building if it has more than one floor and if you're drunk, or having sex at any time while in California, just make sure to have a designated sober or a designated Peeping Tom around.

Why???????????????????????????

Ok, I will give you a clue............

Next week when you get to California, do this:

At exactly 9.7 hours (remember the time difference) after you arrive at California, ask the first 10 people you see this question:

Do you know when the big one is coming?

After you compare those ten answers, you will know the WHY!

ABW Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ward
    Adam,

You're too rude man!

I was giving him a warning, but you just show him the map of the real thing.

Shit, after I saw that map, I would take any tornado or hurricane in Florida.

At least with a tornado or a hurricane we have some advance warning but, with an earthquake, .......

Once the plug is in the wall and the there is no way to

Sorry HardwareGeek, just ignore Mr. Sal and Adam Ward posts and have a nice trip to California. (but stay outdoors just in case.)

I am afraid of Earth Quakes

But I been through 2 of them here in NYC lol
    yes NYC gets earth quakes. Typically they are in CT but we feel it.

Earthquakes are nothing, even a little fun sometimes! There hasn't been a substantial earthquake in California for years. Maybe one is due

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Who knows I will go and the big one hits .
    I was told to worry more about floods and getting shot on the freeway than an earth quake.

I hope I get to watch a car chase on TV though. lol

Most earthquakes are no big deal. Had one a few weeks ago that woke me up - first time in years! Some relatives from Denmark just missed it by a couple days. We joked that they missed the classic California experience.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread