Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Does cashing my LS check mean I accept the amount?
    Okay, sounds like the first round of consolidated checks were mailed out two days ago. Now, since we have no way yet of validating the amounts we are receiving (I wonder if their will be a breakdown by merchant with the checks, even), I am wondering if we cash the check if that then means we accept the amount? I know in a lot of business transactions, cashing the check is an acceptance of the dollar amount.

It was nice of Mr. Messer to tell us when checks will be sent out this week, but equally important I think he should be providing us with the tools to validate those checks.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I suspect that the remittance portion of the check will list each merchant and period that is included in the check. About a year ago when they switched from printing that information in the memo line to printing it on the remittance portion, I noted that was a necessary precursor to consolidated checks.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I hope so, but that still does not help me confirm that the amounts on the checks are the correct amounts.

This is really silly, if checks have been mailed out I should have a way to log on and validate the amounts BEFORE the check arrives.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

7-Days wrote:
    I am wondering if we cash the check if that then means we accept the amount?
    Is there any basis to question an amount other than reconciling it with the value of commissions in the sales report? If you disagree with the amount try to clear the matter with the merchant before you cash the check.

MIchael Coley wrote:
    I suspect that the remittance portion of the check will list each merchant and period that is included in the check.
    I sure hope so. I am yet to receive the long awaited check, obviously my check will be made to the wrong "payable to" name.

marcelle

I see what you're saying Ron. Before, we had the "Payment Report" where we could see adjustments and a detail of the dates and amounts we were being paid for. Even with a list of periods in the remittance, we still don't see the additional information that the "Payment Report" used to provide.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Okay, sounds like the first round of consolidated checks were mailed out two days ago.
    Is this fact or assumption?

(False) Assumption. If they were mailed out, Linkshare would be saying something about it. The latest word from Stephen (which is probably the most accurate source) is that they should go out "sometime this week". In Linksharese, that means Friday at the earliest.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

I thought so as well....someone is trying to play jedi minds tricks on me.....I wanna be Yoda baby.....

Anyway...wishfull thinking about the checks being mailed out.....we would have heard....My money is on either Friday or Monday....

You know what they say about assumptions!

Not an ASSdiddy

The reason I said this initially was that Mr. Messer's email this morning said that the first batch was run on May 9th and "Please allow a few days for checks to be delivered after each batch processing date."

I can only "assume" by this, since he did send it this morning, that checks were indeed sent.

I'm guessing then that those who could not get the registration process to work or just out of luck and the folks who could not change their payee name will be sending checks back by the end of the week.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

The reason I said this initially was that Mr. Messer's email this morning said that the first batch was run on May 9th and "Please allow a few days for checks to be delivered after each batch processing date."
    Interesting. I missed that.

Still, in Linksharese, this is probably what it means:

"Please allow (a few days for checks to be printed and a few days for envelopes to be stuffed and a few days for us to run it through the postage meter and a few days to get it to the post office and) a few days for checks to be delivered after each batch processing date."

If they had been mailed when Stephen sent out the update, I'm sure he would have said so.

Update: I just got an email from my account rep saying that checks should be cut tomorrow. (When they will be mailed is anybody's guess!)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Back to the Should again......

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey

Update: I just got an email from my account rep saying that checks should be cut tomorrow. (When they will be mailed is anybody's guess!)
    Sooooo, basically, what Stephen told us this morning...
    LinkShare will initiate three payment batches to affiliates on 5/9, 5/16, and 5/23...Please allow a few days for checks to be delivered after each batch processing date.
    ...was an outright lie.

Ask me if I am surprised?

I know Mr. Messer is an educated man and surely knows the difference between a few and several, but I just wanted to confirm my own understanding and checked the dictionary. The definition of "Several" is: Being of a number more than two or three but not many. A few is generally around three, as I recall.

According to what Michael provided, it will take a few days to cut checks, then another few days to recieve the checks. Of course, we have not taken into account the time it takes to stuff and mail those checks.

Enough!!! I've had enough of this BS from LS.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Considering we can't fix our Payable To information, I'm still waiting to change that before my check goes out. Here's what LS says about this:

Checks will not be sent out to affiliates whose information has not been verified. You will have the opportunity to correct your information on Friday, May 13, 2005. Should your registration is completed then you should receive your check by the last week of May. Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
    So if your Payable to field is incorrect, you've got to wait until the end of May. Now the sad part is our April checks should be going out while we're still fussing about March.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I still can't update my information because their 3rd Party Verification service says my corporation doesn't exist. I finally used the Live Chat feature yesterday, and Reginald told me that they are aware of the problem and that I should try again on May 16. Then I asked when the March checks would be mailed out, and was told they would start cutting them NEXT WEEK.

I can't update my information, but if I don't update my information I can't get a check. What a royal mess!

Sooooo, basically, what Stephen told us this morning...
    Quote:
    LinkShare will initiate three payment batches to affiliates on 5/9, 5/16, and 5/23...Please allow a few days for checks to be delivered after each batch processing date.
    ...was an outright lie.

Ask me if I am surprised?
    Not an outright lie, but just normal Linkshare spin.

He never said they would be cut on 5/9. He said they would be "initiated" on 5/9. The process started then. That was the cutoff. Any payments received after that time won't be paid until the next check. Then they print them, stuff them in envelopes, affix postage, and bring them to the post office. As affiliates, we think of payment as the end of the process, i.e. the checks being mailed. Linkshare thinks of payment as the beginning of the process, i.e. initiating the cutoff. With Linkshare, they typically don't get mailed for 3-5 days after that.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Here is what it is......most of us affiliates are simple people and are not used to the corporate english language.

Should = The Intentions are there....but not likely
    Cut Tomorrow = I will sign off on them tomorrow to start the process

Etc Etc

I have ex Corporate guys working with me....they are like a different breed....think I am gonna have my programmers make a Corporate english to Simple english translator....that would be the bomb.

Diddy = The Shiznit

Michael,

Mr. Messer chooses his wording very carefully. He said, "Please allow a few days for checks to be delivered after each batch processing date." and he listed one of those batch dates as May 9th. What you are saying sounds different from that. You may well be correct, but my point is that Mr. Messer is either lying about this or trying to mislead us. I don't usually use that strong of words towards any person, but I feel that is the way we are being treated with this whole thing.

Of course, it seems no one at LS really knows when these checks are going out. A merchant was told May 8, Mr. Messer indicates May 9th, a support person told someone yesterday it would be May 12 and a very recent post (above) says it will be next week.

Does this really give anyone here confidence in LS's ability to pull off this new system. Obviously they did not test this out on a large enough test group (or test it at all).

LS's communication skills before this fiasco was poor at best and now it is just horrible.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

As a followup to my post earlier this morning, I called LS support and was indeed told that the 5/9 batch would not be mailed until sometime next week (that's NOT what Mr. Messer said).

Furthermore, and more upsetting, I was told that if my funds were not in the 5/9 batch for some reason, they WOULD be in either the next batch or the one after that.

OH BROTHER!!! I can't wait until next week to see what new excuse Mr. Messer has for us then to say the first batch checks have been even further delayed.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Talking
    When is everyone here going to realize that trying to get your money from LS is like .

Isn't it time for everyone here to realize that you are getting by LS and you need to from LS and go on and join other networks and indies and just quit even trying to work with this loser network.

LOL Burger Boy......Comedian huh...

Next your'e gonna tell me that you were out last night playing hold em poker with Tupac and Jimmy Hoffa and got rivered by Biggie Smalls.

Anyway....you honestly believe that Linkshare is gonna run off with the money from 100's of well known corporations and get away with that, thats absurd..

Look at what happened to Bugsy Siegel for doing that....he got smoked.

I am definately not worried about my security with Linkshare....

Even better...let me join an underdog...more than likely very passionate and nice people....but I aint down with OPP (Other Peoples Problems)....."plous" (as my cleaning lady says) they aint got no sexy merchants...so its a no win.

But I like your icons....Specially the Banana portrait of me banging DoggFathers Girl

Diddy

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Diddy
    But I like your icons....Specially the Banana portrait of me banging DoggFathers Girl
    See - you thought that you had gotten away with that didn't you?

Well - everybody know about it now and you had better watch out.

There is now a possibility that you could get smoked next for that.

LOL I like that

Once is all in good fun but I would recommend ya not keep pushing diddy.
    Lot of posts to sort through but you'll find many on why I can get REAL serious when it comes to the wife and kids.

And it should be painfully obvious even to you I'm not in the best of moods.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

Oh and
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!

kay we need to distinguish all of this.....

1. We talking girlfriend-Italians call it Goomah blah blah blah -google it

2. Never once did I cross the family line-Off Limits

I am so not in a good mood either with all of this, but you get lemons....you make lemonaid

This will all pass.

D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast