Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    My SynergyAnalytics Wish List
    My number one wish is that it would go away, but since that doesn't appear to ever be happening I have decided to post a few things I wish LS would do to make the reports more efficient.

1) Place the year, month, date range, network choice, link type, etc. choices all on one page instead of the way they are on 5+ pages. The pages load so slow it is like pulling teeth, so trying to get to the results of just one report it torture! If you put all choices on one page with a go button, at least it would cut down on the time and torture.

2) On the Sales & Activity page, how about a choice of All Link Types? I use a mixture and would like to look at a glance at what is happening overall.

3) On the Sales & Activity reports, what the heck is "Active Display"?

4) On the Network Transaction main page why not have it load the current months data by default, instead of the prior months data? I don't care about last month when I want to see what is happening this week.

Also, a question.

Why when I look at the Partner Payment report for March, I only see 3 merchants listed there when many more owe me money. I hope that those are not the only three I am getting paid for whenever I get a check in May?!?!?!

And lastly, please don't tell me that the current reports that I can look at right now (sales & activity, etc) in the main LS interface (the ones we have had forever) are going to go away. They are the only reports you offer right now that make a damn bit of sense, so I hope they are going to stay.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

My wish list:

1) Look at the reports available in AffTrack.com and make all of the features that they have available. AffTrack.com is far more useful than Linkshare reports ever have been.

2) Give us back the Payment Report and Merchant Payment History.

The Synergy Analytics is a step backwards if you ask me.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Look at the reports available in AffTrack.com
    I visited the afftrack web site. Is this a paid service available to any affiliate in any network?

marcelle

Yes, it's a paid service but there are a couple things you should be aware of:

1) Thanks to Linkshare's new login and threats of lawsuits, they don't include Linkshare data in the consolidation any more. That's very unfortunate.

2) They reserve the right to use data collected to provide general reports. For instance, they show how your EPC with merchants compare with the average EPC of their other clients. They also sell reports, but nothing that could identify specific affiliates. Some people have a problem with this. I don't.

I find their reports to be invaluable.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

15 years and counting
    Michael Coley - They also sell reports, but nothing that could identify specific affiliates. Some people have a problem with this. I don't.
    It was just a first step... What was next after these general reports? Did they ask us? No.
    Agree.

Give us back our old Payment Reports.

Thanks to Linkshare's new login and threats of lawsuits, they don't include Linkshare data in the consolidation any more. That's very unfortunate.
    Too bad that there is no LS data. I suppose then that most of their data comes from CJ and Performics. Their sample is missing a large part of the population.

They also sell reports, but nothing that could identify specific affiliates. Some people have a problem with this. I don't.
    I always subscribe to the principle: the more info the merrier

Thanks I'll check them out

Marcelle - did you check them out? I have been trying to find out the latest specs. and pricing from afftrack but their sales team seems asleep. What did you end up doing?

Thanks.

Wow, didn't realize this thread was started in May. It sounds exactly like the newer Synergy threads. We're still complaining about the same problems 3 months later. Good to see Linkshare is taking an interest in our problems and fixing exactly what we're asking for...

Michael, I checked out AffTrack and they don't say anything about their pricing. How much do they cost?

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I don't think they have a fixed pricing. I've been using them since 2000, so my rate might be different than their current rates. They do list pricing on their RevTrends.com site, which is for smaller affiliates.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    1 word....FireFox.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    As always, we appreciate all suggestions about how to improve Synergy Analytics. We are in the process of redesigns and your insight is timely and valuable. To address some of the concerns in this thread, I have the following:

We have several constraints that are a result of our third party supplier:
    - Does not work with FireFox at this time (or any other browsers than IE 6.0)
    - Linear selection process such as what is seen in the Sales & Activity report
    The changes needed are global in our supplier’s system and reach much farther than LinkShare. We do not have an ETA for these requests. LinkShare is addressing the speed issue to overcome the slow behavior of the linear selection process on reports.

Enhancements:
    - We understand the need to see all link types in the creative analysis and have asked the development team to investigate
    - Merchant Payment History is undergoing final Q/A, and should be ready for release this week.

Many Thanks for your feedback.
    Your LinkShare Team

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    We have several constraints that are a result of our third party supplier:
    - Does not work with FireFox at this time (or any other browsers than IE 6.0)
    This is the biggest problem for me. Being a Mac user, I don't have IE 6.0 available for my OS. I'm basically locked out of Synergy. I just hope you can keep the old reports long enough to support Firefox in Synergy. I need to have my sales reports!

- Scott

Snib,
    We have made the browser compatibility issue well known to our third party. They have been hearing similar complaints from other clients (plus our merchant side of Synergy Analytics as well). I hope to have some news to share in the next few weeks as we continue to push that vendor.

I will share the request with everyone to retain the old reports until there is broader browser support.

Keep the old reports period.
    Hello,

My request, and my interpretation of many other requests is that the old reports be retained. The problems with them are so numerous, I won't repeat months worth of comments here. But it is fairly misleading to indicate that as long as broader browser support is offered, that people will be happy to see the old reports go away.

SynergyAnalytics Update
    The Merchant Payment History Report will be released in SynergyAnalytics tomorrow. Before we release it, I want to clarify a few things regarding our standard processes and the new report. As with the old report, the new report will reflect if and when we’ve received payment from a particular merchant for a particular invoice period, starting with the March invoice period (the old report left off with February). “Received” means we’ve not only received the merchant’s payment but the funds have cleared. We wait until the funds clear so we don’t mislead anyone in the event an issue arises, preventing us from releasing the funds right away. As we’ve posted in the past, merchant payments received via wire transfer clear the next day. For merchant payments received by check, banks generally take 5 or more business days to clear a check.

In the new Merchant Payment History report, you’ll notice we begin providing the actual “Payment received on” date as of 7/29. For payments received prior to that, we include the merchant payment status but do not provide the date. When we first implemented our new payment system, we weren’t always recording the payment received date in real time. This in no way impacted the timing of releasing payments to you. Rather, we made sure that all payments received and cleared were entered into the payment system prior to the release of a new consolidated payment batch. As of 7/29, we adjusted our process and are entering the dates as they occur.

Please note: SynergyAnalytics will be down this evening for maintenance. Estimated duration of downtime is 2 hours. Exact maintenance window will be posted later today.

Quote Originally Posted by jrb16915
    Hello,

My request, and my interpretation of many other requests is that the old reports be retained. The problems with them are so numerous, I won't repeat months worth of comments here. But it is fairly misleading to indicate that as long as broader browser support is offered, that people will be happy to see the old reports go away.
    I didn't mean it that way. I'm very happy with the old reports, but I've heard rumors that they won't be around forever. I would just be *very* upset if the old reports were taken away before the browser incompatibility was fixed. In my opinion, Synergy needs to be rewritten on an entirely new platform by a 3rd party vendor that knows what they're doing.

- Scott

Yes, I agree. Browser support isn't the only issue with Synergy Analytics. The old reports are an invaluable part of many affiliates' businesses. To pull them before there is broad support for Synergy Analytics would be very foolish.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I don't think they have a fixed pricing. I've been using them since 2000, so my rate might be different than their current rates. They do list pricing on their RevTrends.com site, which is for smaller affiliates.
    Afftrack doesn't appear to support Linkshare. So if I have a cybermall with non-LS merchants that means two reporting systems unless I can somehow import LS data into Afftrack or vice versa. Still waiting to hear from afftrack sales people.

Synergy Analytics will be briefly unavailable this evening (Aug 15) for 2 hours, starting at 8:00 pm EDT.

Thank You,
    Your LinkShare Team

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread