Any advice for a SAS newbie?
    Hello everyone!

I'm a new SAS affiliate. Been with CJ in the past and I'm a member of many advertising networks (Tribal fusion, Burst, Fastclick and of course Adsense ). I was very disappointed with CJ - just didn't work for me. Now I decided to try my hand at Datafeed sites (promoted through my content sites) and heard a lot of good things about ShareASale - so here I am.

I have over 50 working sites (and about 100 under development), covering many topics. You can see links to some of them (not all) in my new homepage at www.xasu.com (finally decided to consolidate under one name - so it's a new site).

Any ideas where I can find out which SAS programs work better than others? I'm especially interested in finding out which datafeeds are more up to date than the others. I have tried one so far here - www.4bodyjewelry.net - but too many products are out of stock...

Quote Originally Posted by Anat
    Any ideas where I can find out which SAS programs work better than others? I'm especially interested in finding out which datafeeds are more up to date than the others...
    Anat, first of all - welcome to this forum! I see that this is your first post and would like to take this chance to be the first one to welcome you to ABestWeb! Great place to be at for all and any affiliate marketing questions/ideas/proposals... By the way, does Anat stand for Anatoly?

Answering your first question (what SaS programs work better than others): log into your affiliate account, go to "Datafeeds Available" (third column, fourth link from the top) and look at the EPC statistics. That will answer your first question. You may even sort programs by performance per 100 clicks (EPC).

Answering your second question: I'm afraid SaS affiliate admin panel isn't yet showing the date of last datafeed update. But I'm sure Brian will work on this in the future... We update our feed as often as there are changes in our inventory. Last update took place just this past Friday. At any rate, if you doubt whether to join a program or not, want to find out how it performs, ask other SaS affiliates at this very forum!

Good luck with everything, Anat and nice "meeting" you!

Best regards,

Evgenii (Geno) Prussakov

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    "Last Updated" is showing on the Datafeeds Available page...you can also sort by update date.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Any advice for a SAS newbie?
    yes!!!!! dont laugh at gordons jokes on this forum....
    it will only encourage him to post more

but on the serious side..
    i think you already visited my site??
    it says in my stats.
    we are datafeed with shareasale.

another good tip, look for the auto-deposit merchants
    they seem to be the more favoured ones.

anyway welcome to shareasale and ABW.
    nice to see another convert

Neil
    Merchant
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    "Last Updated" is showing on the Datafeeds Available page...you can also sort by update date.
    Brian, this is GREAT! I stand corrected...

Thank you!!!

Geno

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

Geno, Anat is actually a Hebrew name. Pronounced somewhat like Annette. I often just use Anne when online, but I'm known as Anat on many webmasters forums.

Brian - thanks for the quick reply. I see that now. Will probably throw together several SAS shops over the weekend Thanks!

Anat, glad to be of help. Sorry for the mistake with the name. Annette or Anne is a beautiful name, by the way! Good luck with everything!

Geno

Thank you Geno

Neil, thank you for the invitation - your site looks great and I just joined your program. I will be setting several datafeeds shops soon.

I do have another question please - do we have some sort of a time frame as affiliates in which we absolutely bring sales? Reason I'm asking is because I know it takes time to build traffic to a new site, and currently I'll be mostly using the datafeeds for new sites, promoting them with my other sites. Promotion to me also means linking for SEO purposes, which takes time to show results.

I am committed to a long term partnership and have been looking for a long time to expand my affiliations. I am currently an affiliate of Amazon and Petsmart.com (through linkshare I think) and getting nice checks from both but it wasn't instant success - took me months and months to get decent traffic and sales. I just don't want any account terminated after two months for lack of sales - because it could take much longer than that for me to bring them in.

Anat, you're most welcome!

I do have another question please - do we have some sort of a time frame as affiliates in which we absolutely bring sales?
    Not that I know of, Anat. As long as your SaS account is active (you keep logging into it and using it), I don't think you have to worry about anything...

I am committed to a long term partnership and have been looking for a long time to expand my affiliations.
    We'd be happy to work with you as well!

Best regards,

Geno

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread