Would the real Noxid please step forward
    You know, I am getting older, seems I'm forgetting folks names more and more, but I'm thinking it may not be me in this case. In early posts here at ABW by Noxid (of LS fame), her name is Monica. Now it's Gloria.

Is Noxid just a generic log in for the support staff at LinkShare or is it a real person?
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Unanswered question. Hmmmm.....

Oh, just had this horrible thought (forgive me). Maybe Noxid is really Mr. Messer coming here in drag to check up on us all and he keeps forgetting what fem name he used last.

Okay, not funny to everyone and sorry if in bad taste (it was just a joke), but I do think we deserve an answer. If this Noxid person is coming here as an official representative of LS, then I'd like to know if it is one person or just a username here for a bunch of LS support folks to come and check on us/provide feedback.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Special Liaison
    Hello,

I don't believe multiple people can have the same screen name, but I created this account in February (as shown in all postings) and have no knowledge of a Monica.

Regards,

Gloria

February 4th, 2005, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxid
    Hello,

To contact Affiliate Support, you may call 888SHARE89 ext 644.

Regards,

Monica
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Forget these rabble rousers Gloria Noxid. Just make sure my March LS consolidated check gets mailed first and I'll get Charlie to un-ruffle some feathers.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Gloria,

Here is the last posting in this thread, posted by Noxid: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=54317 which says:

Hello,

To contact Affiliate Support, you may call 888SHARE89 ext 644.

Regards,

Monica
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Noxid
    Hello,

I don't believe multiple people can have the same screen name, but I created this account in February (as shown in all postings) and have no knowledge of a Monica.

Regards,

Gloria
    But,

http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...96&postcount=5

Priceless.

Mr. Sal,

Exactly, and this was, I believe, the first post by Noxid in February. It is at the bottom of the list when I did my search.

Thus my questioning the difference in names. I'm not trying to nit pick this issue (I have bigger problems, like getting paid). I just thought something was fishy about this and frankly wanted to know if different LS employees are using this username or if it is just one.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Oh, just had this horrible thought (forgive me). Maybe Noxid is really Mr. Messer coming here in drag to check up on us all and he keeps forgetting what fem name he used last.
    Noxid is definitely not Stephen. Noxid has been very helpful here on ABW.

I don't see why this is even an issue. Noxid obviously wants to retain some privacy, just like most other members here.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Finally, there have been a few posts about why one of our employees uses an alias to respond to certain inquiries. It is frankly no one’s business to know and such information should not have been shared. “Reginald” and other employees at LinkShare are constantly at risk of insults, abusive language, threats of physical harm, and other distressing communications via emails, letters, telephone calls, etc. We ask you to please respect the privacy and dignity we provide our dedicated employees, especially since many of you participate on this board anonymously.

Best regards,
    Stephen

(couldn't get the darn quote thing to work)

Billy,

Where did that come from?

Okay, folks, you are missing my point (and I will drop it after this posting). I just wanted to know if several LS employees were using this username instead of one. If we have one person, then I want to know it is the same person we are talking to.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Ron,

You know how I feel about Messer... but it's a simple request not to reveal the real names of LS support people... so no sense pointing to the thread

What happed to Sarah??

She changed her name, maybe? LOL

You know, Billy, what is so sad is all these frustrated affiliates who are not going to get a check because their registration is all screwed up and this is the only post we can get someone from linkshare to answer. Had I known we would only get one resonse in six days, I would have certainly called this tread, "Please answer the other 20 threads here!"
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Actually, that answer Billy quoted was from several months ago. It might have even been before the migration to the new forum. I can't seem to find it when I search.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Actually, that answer Billy quoted was from several months ago. It might have even been before the migration to the new forum. I can't seem to find it when I search.
    Here you go Michael: http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=69 It was very easy to find.

You know, if Mr. Messer ran a better ship, and communicated better with his affiliates, they would not be as frustrated and not treat the employees that way.

Now, I come down hard on the network and the CEO for running the network the way he has, but I never attack an employee, nor should anyone else. I'm just saying that with the horrible way Mr. Messer has LS communicate with affiliates and make them feel like 2nd class citizens, it does not surprise me that affiliates take out their frustration on LS employees.

I understand their stress. When I called in today to ask when I would get paid, I heard the person take a deep breath before they started asking me some questions. I think they were surprised when I did not come down hard on them. God knows the poor LS employees are probably suffering about as much as we are right now.

Mr. Messer, how many times to you have to read here that your communication sucks! Good PR takes care of most ills. Try it sometime, give it a chance, you'd be amazed.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Mr. Messer, how many times to you have to read here that your communication sucks! Good PR takes care of most ills. Try it sometime, give it a chance, you'd be amazed.
    It's not good PR that Linkshare needs. Stephen already does enough PR. It's just plain old fashioned communications that they need. That and some major technology updates. It's not good enough to just slap a new look on old technology.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Nicely said. I agree.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Talking
    Hi Boys and Gals!

My name is Monica - eh Gloria - eh Steve - er Noxid - oooooohhh what the heck.

Just call me anything that you want to.

What can I do for you?

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread