Cool Orbitz order tracking
    Had a lovely experience booking a hotel room through Orbitz. How did the order track? Well, if I am ever allowed to get back into my Linkshare account, I'll let you know.

Not to worry, I believe LS customer service is allllllllll over this problem.

>>>Not to worry, I believe LS customer service is allllllllll over this problem.

well, all over, anyway . . .

ABW Ambassador
    Actually, getting into your Linkshare account won't solve a thing because Orbitz hasn't reported any sales all week.

It's a good thing Orbitz has an affiliate-friendly affiliate manager because I've never had anywhere near as many tracking/reporting problems with any merchant as I have with Orbitz. Rarely does a month go by without something going wrong and some months there's more than one problem.

And they are one of my slowest paying merchants as well. I just got my check yesterday for February bookings.

Hello,

I joined the forum last week and have been researching details before we rollout our Travel product as a merchant. My wife started informedtravel.com 10 years ago, but we have never pursued an affiliate program(Haiko said I could post my url. See intro section of forum). We have had a long-standing affiliate offer on our site that we need to overhaul now that we are going signup with an affiliate network(SaS is our current choice?) and begin to grow this portion of our biz.

Your frustration with Orbitz could be an issue I too will create for the affiliates. We are considering a straight pay-out per booking, as opposed to a percentage of the "collected" commissions after the guest has completed their stay. We hope it will get payments out faster and initiate our affiliate relationships.

On a side note, our hotel rates beat the big guys in MOST cases. They hide a lot of overhead in those charges. (yes, I'm sell'in)

Any insight on what we could improve upon as a travel merchant???

Ron

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread