Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Content generator
    SSanf:
    I ran across a software program a while back that generates content. Supposedly it's very popular, but don't know how much of it is hype.

http://www.articlebot.com/

Might want to check it out just in case.
    "Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't...You're right!" -Henry Ford-

Well, I don't know about that articlebot. Probably, a lot more complex. And, good grief! $49.00 a month! I don't think so!

Mine is a really simple little thing. Peter says it is a "phrase assembler". But, it is not just phrases. More like phrases and words. Most importantly YOUR OWN words and phrases. Well, you saw the samples so you see what I mean.

Nice thing is that every time you regenerate a page to update the products, you would, then, run this and put a fresh paragraph on the page so you have new content as well as new products. I guess, there is an advantage to writing something new on pages from time to time.

Peter was here today and we are still tweaking. Trying to make it even less work to use and taking out one little thing that I thought might be a tip off to the SEs. I keep making more demands on him but he isn't squaking too much, YET! LOL
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

SSanf
    SSanf,
    You said:

Well, I don't know about that articlebot. Probably, a lot more complex. And, good grief! $49.00 a month! I don't think so!
    LOL. That's exactly WHY I didn't fool with it! I figgered about 70% of it was hype, anyhow. In my experience, when you can't have a trial period or test run before plunking down the cash, it's usually hype.

I bought a software ranking-boosting program about 6 months ago. If the program had been as well put-together as the salesletter, it would have been great!

Learned my lesson the hard way. No more shuck & jive crap for this ol' boy!

I would like to check out your program. Gimme a holler when it's ready???

Been typing my poor fingers to the bone, trying to create articles for the site I'm building. A content creator helper would hit the spot.
    "Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't...You're right!" -Henry Ford-

RICK K: Article Bot is not "hype"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick K.
    SSanf:
    I ran across a software program a while back that generates content. Supposedly it's very popular, but don't know how much of it is hype.

http://www.articlebot.com/

Might want to check it out just in case.
    Rick,

The reason Article Bot is popular (and continuing to gain popularity) is that it is NOT hype. This morning, for example, I received this, "I have bought many tools to help with my websites in the past and articlebot is truly in a class by itself. I simply cannot tell you how excited I am about this tool!" Also, this was posted at our public message forum, "I must admit this is the first 'content generation' tool that impressed me."

You can see other testimonials at our site.

The debate about Article Bot being "hype" is not really a debate. The only question to ask is, "How can Article Bot help me with my content?"

I suggest you ask users in our public message forum what their take is on Article Bot. I am confident the answers will be exclusively positive.

Sincerely,
    Don Harrold
    thebot@articlebot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rick K.
    SSanf,
    You said:

LOL. That's exactly WHY I didn't fool with it! I figgered about 70% of it was hype, anyhow. In my experience, when you can't have a trial period or test run before plunking down the cash, it's usually hype.

I bought a software ranking-boosting program about 6 months ago. If the program had been as well put-together as the salesletter, it would have been great!

Learned my lesson the hard way. No more shuck & jive crap for this ol' boy!

I would like to check out your program. Gimme a holler when it's ready???

Been typing my poor fingers to the bone, trying to create articles for the site I'm building. A content creator helper would hit the spot.
    Rick,

The reason Article Bot has no trial period is simple: The tech support was just too much for us to handle. I am surprised at the number of people who do not know simple things like "control-v means 'paste'", or how to use MS Word (etc). So, we have opted for a FULL money-back guarantee. Yeah, we lose some people "trying" Article Bot, but we gain a user base that is serious about using Article Bot.

Regarding $49.99 being "expensive", I am astounded by that comment. Here are a few things which are more "expensive" than Article Bot: Dinner and a movie, a pack of cigarettes every 3 days, or "basic cable". Besides, with a full money-back guarantee, there's nothing to lose. I'm embarassed that the price is so LOW, actually. The amount of money we (and our growing number of users) are making using the software makes the $49.99 a pretty meaningless conversation.

You mention a piece of software you bought last year that did not live up to the "hype". I agree with you, there are plenty of GREAT sales letters that do not correspond with the software they promote. However, you'll find NO hype at our site. Nothing about money (other than one mention that does not speak to anything other than folks wanting to make money online). We let our users do the talking - and talk they do. In fact, they've put together a "private" forum (not run by, nor monitored by us) for Article Bot. So, although I agree with your issue with "hype", you should apply the usual skepticism to Article Bot.

Finally, you mention that a "content creator" would "hit the spot". Well, don't let your fingers cramp too much before you get to Article Bot to find out what you could be using to solve your content issues. There's a reason people are saying what they are about Article Bot - it's truly the most revolutionary software for content-creation EVER.

Keep this in mind, too: If you get Article Bot and you USE IT, I bet the first thing you'll want to do is post here in this forum to say, "Hey, Article Bot really isn't what I thought. But, on the other hand, I really can't explain all it can do. You'll need to try it."

That's a problem we have. Our "sales letters" are abysmal at explaining just HOW UNREAL the power of Article Bot is. Yeah, I know. That sounds like "hype". So, I'll make a deal with you: You get Article Bot. Contact me personally. I'll guide through using it. If it does not do EVERYTHING our site says it will and MORE, I'll DOUBLE your money back after the first 30 days. No questions asked. (This offer is for "Rick K", by the way...)

But, if it DOES what we say, I would like you to post here in this forum that truth about Article Bot.

Sincerely,
    Don Harrold
    thebot@articlebot.com

PS (Your comments are not unusual, by the way. I don't take offense, nor am I surprised. I do hope, though, that you'll look a little closer at Article Bot before you make a decision about the "hype" factor.)

Well, since $49 a month is so piddly to you, and since ABW has so many members who are potential customers, why don't you just GIVE free articlebot for a year to three trusted and objective ABW members to try it and let them report back to us here what they think.

Haven't you ever heard of giving out free samples with no strings attatched as a good promotional technique? I suggest you let us choose the three trusted members, with me excluded since I suggested it.

And, no fair booting them if they pan it until the year is up, either. That would be dirty pool.

And, BTW I can eat WELL for half a month or longer or go on a pretty good weekend trip on $49 so, I guess, it is all perspective.
    Last edited by SSanf; May 11th, 2005 at 01:51 PM.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    He should give a few out for free since you usually have to pay for advertising here.

Well, to me, the proof is in the pudding. Comments posted here would be objective if we had the right members reporting back. We would get the real scoop. If it is as good as he says, that would help him sell a ton. But, yes, he should also slip a little green to Haiko if people rush to buy it because of the discussion.

SSANF,

I did not say that $49.99 is "piddly" (whatever that means). I said that there are many things more "expensive". And, the things I listed are all non-money-making, non-essentials, that people spend a lot of money on.

We have certainly heard of "giving away" free samples. I outlined precisely why we do not offer a "free" trial. If you choose not to take us up on our software, that will be because of some other reason than cost, though - you have a full money-back guarantee. Besides, I offered "Rick K" the best deal I can think of: DOUBLE his money back if Article Bot does not perform as we say it does.

And, there is NO way we would give "free" Article Bot for a YEAR. Absolutely not. One month with Article Bot is all you'll need to see what it does and how you can begin to use it. You should take a minute to ask Article Bot users what they think about it. What you'll find is that they will all say, basically, the same thing: If you are not using Article Bot because you think it's "hype", you are wasting time and you need to just GET YOUR COPY TODAY.

Finally, you should note that we are probably going to stop selling Article Bot under the current format anyway. The new upgrade will completely shift the content-creating paradigm to empower anyone to create ANY content on ANY topic.

And, that, I can assure you, will be worth more than $49.99 per month. Oh, and, by the way, we do offer a $39.99 a month special to users of any other "seo" software. So, actually, Article Bot is really not even $49.99 a month.

Dude, I gotta say, though, that the number one person we find wanting cancels are people who are focused on whether $49.99 a month is "too much" money. By the time you've posted your reply to this email you could have begun to reshape your content in ways you can't even imagine right now.

Sincerely,
    Don Harrold
    thebot@articlebot.com

Article Bot "Free Trial"?
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    He should give a few out for free since you usually have to pay for advertising here.
    TrustNo1,

I offered "Rick K" an amazing deal. If he takes me up on it, he'll be "advertising" Article Bot like the rest of our users that were once "skeptics".

I am not advertising Article Bot. There is a discussion here with some erroneous commentary about Article Bot. I have tried to discuss those comments with clarity and with facts about Article Bot and our users. Please note that I've included no links in my posts. Believe it or not, but I am more interested in people having the facts about Article Bot than whether they use Article Bot or not.

Lastly, the continued call for "free" Article Bot licenses is disheartening. We work insanely hard to give folks the most power they've ever had in a content tool of ANY kind. We offer live phone support, 6 hours of video tutorials, and two message forums (one public, and one private). You know, we just can't do all that for FREE.

If you don't use Article Bot because you can't get a "free" trial - even though you've got a full money-back guarantee - it will actually save us all some time. Honestly, the folks that want their money back are almost always the ones whose concern "going in" is, "can I get a free trial?".

Sincerely,
    Don Harrold
    thebot@articlebot.com

Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    Well, to me, the proof is in the pudding. Comments posted here would be objective if we had the right members reporting back. We would get the real scoop. If it is as good as he says, that would help him sell a ton. But, yes, he should also slip a little green to Haiko if people rush to buy it because of the discussion.
    SSanf,

The "proof" is out there. Ask Article Bot users in our PUBLIC forum. They'll tell you what you need to know. Your use of the terms "real scoop" and "If it is as good as he says" show you are still looking at this as "hype" that needs to be proven otherwise to YOU.

What I'm trying to say here is that there is nothing for me to "prove" about Article Bot. If you would take just a few moments of your time to ask questions or read user comments you'd discover how offbase your line of thought is on Article Bot.

I understand where you're coming from. I've also given you a way to move past this "hype" concept and into the facts.

In any case, I'm not going to debate this any longer. If you'd like to know what Article Bot can do for you, I'll gladly share that with you.

Oh, one more thing, I would be happy to "slip a little green" to whoever helps us promote Article Bot. If someone here would like to talk with me about that, you can reach me at thebot@articlebot.com.

Sincerely,
    Don Harrold
    thebot@articlebot.com

ABW Ambassador
    "Lastly, the continued call for "free" Article Bot licenses is disheartening."

Read a marketing book. Like Ssanf suggested let a few try it for free and if it's as good as you claim, imagine the business you'll get from the testimonials posted here from ABW members.

Trust1,

Do you understand the irony of your comments? ...lol...

If we were good "marketers" we'd have already SIGNED YOU UP. If we were "marketing experts" we'd have your credit card number by now because we would have a snazzy "sales letter" that would "convince you" to buy Article Bot.

Instead, we spend our time making a product for the FEW who "get it". If you "got it" or if you looked into it you'd not waste your time finding fault with our "marketing". You'd be a user of Article Bot and your next post here would be something like, "Sure wish I got Article Bot sooner."

Anyway, I'm not gonna debate any further our "free trial" policy. I mean, if A) "free" is what you want, that's not going to happen, and B) if our money-back guarantee, 6 hours of tutorials, live phone support, live IM support, immediate email response, and two user forums won't get it done, then, there's nothing more we can do for you.

And, to be blunt, there are many (MANY) folks we hope WON'T try Article Bot. Since you do need to know some basic computing skills, some people spend our time asking about "how do I use notepad" or "what do I do with Excel", and we just don't have time for that.

Based on what you've posted so far, I hope you won't try Article Bot, actually. That may be bad "marketing", but it's true. You sound like the kind of person that would waste all of our time - yours included.

So, it's probably best for you to just continue thinking of ways we could market better.

Sincerely,
    Don Harrold

ABW Ambassador
    "Based on what you've posted so far, I hope you won't try Article Bot, actually."

What ever gave you the idea that i would want to try it? I think all these type of programs are crap. I like to make pages on my own and content that i generate by me typing on the keyboard. And i'm sure i'll get some flaming for this, but that's ok, but i think it's just an overall laziness trying to be passed off as innovation. Filler text, made up/auto generated content = crap.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    "Based on what you've posted so far, I hope you won't try Article Bot, actually."

What ever gave you the idea that i would want to try it? I think all these type of programs are crap. I like to make pages on my own and content that i generate by me typing on the keyboard. And i'm sure i'll get some flaming for this, but that's ok, but i think it's just an overall laziness trying to be passed off as innovation. Filler text, made up/auto generated content = crap.
    LOL

How many ways can I have fun with this?

1) I did not say you wanted to try it. I said just the opposite. Or, at least thats' what I intimated. If you wanted to try it, you WOULD HAVE already. lol

2) "These type of programs"? You don't even know what Article Bot can do, or how it can do it. So, when you say "these type of programs", what, exactly, do you mean?

3) Since you don't know what Article Bot does, and you don't know how you can use it, your comments are based on an uneducated viewpoint of Article Bot. So, it's really not even something to debate until you either learn more about Article Bot. Not that you "want" to, just that until you do, your comments are worthless about ARTICLE BOT.

4) Regarding computer-generated content being "crap" or "useless", you are wrong in so many ways. That comment from you is about as senseless as the guy who said that cars would never replace horses. lol Here are some ways that "computer generated" "content" is used every day: robots build the cars we drive, google uses computers to decide what to show you when you search for something - and their computers decide HOW to show it to you, every stock market portal in the world uses computers to display all sorts of stock information, thesaurus.com, dictionary.com (etc), every movie you watch has computer-generated content in it, every commercial, every music cd, every video game, ....

Dude, come on. If you're so dead-set against "computer generated", why not just shuck the whole INTERNET. lol Everything on the 'net is guided by and policed by computers. Everything in your house (just about) is run by computers.

It's comments like yours that are more laughable for their lack of thought than angering for their intent to belittle our software.

Tell you what, why don't you just get off the internet completely? Go back to hand writing all your "content" using a pen and paper? Better yet, don't use a pen or paper. Use a stick and write in the dirt. No, don't do that. That would imply the use of a LANGUAGE. You should probably go back to drawing pictographs and not using words. And, make sure you don't wear any clothes or live in a house - those things are made with (either partially, or fully) by robots these days. Don't eat anything from a grocery store - the food you eat out of a grocery store was selected by robots and "AI" processes.

Hey, in fact, since you are so dead set against "computer generated", don't read this reply of mine on your COMPUTER. I mean, your COMPUTER is using some algorithm to display the words on your screen. lol

Look, I know what you're trying to say. You believe that "human generated" is "better" than computer-generated. However, you don't have to use Article Bot for entire web pages. You could have Article Bot simply re-work and advertisement for split-testing. Or, you could use Article Bot to re-work a speech you want to give. In the past these things would require a lot of effort and a human copywriter - things most people don't have time, money, or know-how to accomplish. Article Bot gives people the ability to do for THEMSELVES what they had to hire out before.

And, that has nothing to do with computer-generated, but everything to do with saving time and money.

I hope you can see that I'm "having fun" with you. I know you mean well and you have an opinion about computer-generated content. I just think you are off-base for two reasons: 1) You don't see or acknowledge the positive and commonplace uses for computer-generated "content", and 2) You don't know what Article Bot does or CAN do for you.

Sincerely,
    Don Harrold
    thebot@articlebot.com

articlebot = spam spin it anyway you want, just more useless verbiage internet users want to avoid. I mean what is the point? As an web shopper I do not want too wade through this.

I think he means computer generated CONTENT. Meaning, a human brain (at the current levels of understanding in natural language processing and artificial intelligence) is able to understand a concept and create content based on information in a manner which adheres to language and grammar rules as well as logic and makes sense. Computer-Generated content (not computer generated anything... i mean content) cannot be at that same level. An example of this is 'context'. You want content on 'China', do you mean the country or the plates/etc? A computer cannot understand this, or at least not so easily... and I only know of a few companies (2 actually) who have the brain power and have put in the research for such high-level artificial intelligence.
    Enough rambling... computer-generated content, In my educated opinion cannot compete with human-generated content. I think that is what TrustNo1 meant.

Igor

Quote Originally Posted by ono
    articlebot = spam spin it anyway you want, just more useless verbiage internet users want to avoid. I mean what is the point? As an web shopper I do not want too wade through this.
    ono,

You are wrong. Sadly wrong. Of course you are another person who knows nothing of the myriad uses of Article Bot: You don't even have to make WEB PAGES with Article Bot.

Sincerely,
    Don Harrold
    thebot@articlebot.com

Ask Article Bot users in our PUBLIC forum.
    Well, that is not exactly an objective and impartial resource, now is it? ABW would be.

Non-the-less, it is good your ARE so supportive of computer generated verbiage. Thank you for the validation of the usefulness and the legitimacy of my little program.

argh, assuming articlebot dot com is the url for articlebot.....
    (1. what's with the .... hit counter?)

Ok, i've just played through all the tutorials, etc, etc.
    So... you're scraping content from search results based on keywords you set.
    In effect, this means you may be getting copyright content and using it?

Won't this open up legal issues?

As far as i can see..... this tool looks as if it does the following:

1. You set the keyword etc you want content on
    2. It will search (one of the search engines)
    3. It will get the SERPS and go to each search result and get the content
    4. It will basically steal content from other sites
    5. It does not do anything to the content to make it unique

If this was an innovative and useful tool (not simpy something that we can do in 10
    minutes using Perl and HTML Parsing) then it would 'read the content' and create unique content based on it. Is this what it does? If so.... I would be willing to purchase it. If not.... what exactly is this articlebot all about?

ABW Ambassador
    What's funny Don is watching you still trying to sell me on it. Don't waste your time, i'm sure others will try the $49.99 monthly charge.

"Create Website Content "from scratch""

Define scratch for me.

Looking at your forum and pretty pathetic.

People talking about scraping Google, and "You can however scrape content to generate pages quickly. The scraping features are pretty much endless. The great thing about this product is the versatility."

Is that the scratch? And i guess your program can scrape something off of my sites and your nifty little program can rework it and make it "original" Explain the scraping features for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogi
    I think he means computer generated CONTENT. Meaning, a human brain (at the current levels of understanding in natural language processing and artificial intelligence) is able to understand a concept and create content based on information in a manner which adheres to language and grammar rules as well as logic and makes sense. Computer-Generated content (not computer generated anything... i mean content) cannot be at that same level. An example of this is 'context'. You want content on 'China', do you mean the country or the plates/etc? A computer cannot understand this, or at least not so easily... and I only know of a few companies (2 actually) who have the brain power and have put in the research for such high-level artificial intelligence.
    Enough rambling... computer-generated content, In my educated opinion cannot compete with human-generated content. I think that is what TrustNo1 meant.

Igor
    Igor,

You are correct about the delineation between "human" and "computer"-generated ORIGINAL content. No doubt about it. The technology does not exist yet to produce the sort of content most folks would call "original" AND "valid" from a computer program.

But, you really are MAKING MY POINT about Article Bot: It is NOT a "spam generator" it is a TOOL to MODIFY existing text. Now, there are ways for Article Bot to make "new" content but they are extensions of human-generated content.

So, at the heart of any Article Bot project is a HUMAN. That's the point.

And, here is something that's been left out of the discussion: Article Bot manipulates ANY text. HTML, PHP, CSS, or yeah, good old "words". And, any western-character alphabet language will work. ANY.

The uses of Article Bot extend way (WAY) beyond words or languages.

Sincerely,
    Don Harrold
    thebot@articlebot.com

ABW Ambassador
    "It is NOT a "spam generator" it is a TOOL to MODIFY existing text."

What existing text? From where?

Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    Well, that is not exactly an objective and impartial resource, now is it? ABW would be.

Non-the-less, it is good your ARE so supportive of computer generated verbiage. Thank you for the validation of the usefulness and the legitimacy of my little program.
    SSanf,

Glad you brought this issue up: Your "little" program is not validated by me nor legitimized by me.

Sincerely,
    Don Harrold

TrustNo1: According to the 'tutorial video' on the site.... it will scrape text from search results (see my post #68)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast