Internet Cowboy
    CJ currently 2 1/2 to 3 hour reporting delay
    I have a merchant who I usually get 30-60 clicks to per day. Since Sunday I have had 12. I just happened to be cruising my links to this merchant today with my Windows Media Encoder running and captured one of my CJ links leading me to a "Page Cannot Be Displayed" error. I e-mailed the merchant and called CJ.

CJ's cust service rep looked at the movie which is posted on my web site and said the problem was with the merchant's web site. I then asked her if this might have something to do with the 3 hour gap in sales that I have seen across the board since 09:30 AM PST, not just with this particular merchant. She told me they are currently delayed. I asked to be transferred to Tech Support. I had 13 sales this morning between midnight and 08:58 PST and nothing since.

The Tech Support guy refused to view the movie and told me the problem was on my local computer. Tech support also told me they were on a 2 - 3 hour reporting backlog right now.

Todd, feel free to PM me and I will give you all of the details of this. Maybe you can find someone who is willing to investigate this instead of simply pointing a finger at the merchant or at my system. I have a feeling the merchant is not going to be happy with the finger being pointed at them.

If there is a delay, that is fine. But there is also very obviously a problem with one or more of their servers that they simply refuse to acknowledge.

Edited to add the stats of a sale that just came across, shooting their 2 1/2 - 3 hour delay theory down.
    Event: 12-May-2005 11:20 PDT
    Posted: 12-May-2005 12:35 PDT

Not only is there a problem but the peope at CJ are not seeing the same event and posting dates that we do apparently.
    Last edited by UncleScooter; May 12th, 2005 at 03:48 PM. Reason: added more info

There is no delay in reporting - it currently stands at 55 minutes. I have access to a graph that shows the delay in seconds in real-time. We normally try to maintain a delay of less 1 hr 30 min.

If you want to PM me the specific merchant and any other information, I will look in to it. I do not see any data that indicates reporting delays or tracking issues.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Internet Cowboy
    In all fairness, the issue with the CJ link not going through was the merchant's fault. If anyone in here uses a motorcycle merchant's datafeed, search the BUYURL field for:
    "http%3A%2F%2F."

If you find this, remove the period before their domain name because it is the cause of the problem. This merchant really needs to get their sh!t together. I found 92 items in the most recent CJ datafeed for this merchant that were improperly coded this way. Lord knows what else is wrong on this datafeed that I have yet to find.

Thanks Todd for looking in to this. I would still be interested in knowing why both Customer Service and Tech Support told me there was a 2 1/2 to 3 hour reporting delay while you say there is not.

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Confusious say....man with itchy bum wake up with smelly finger....

UncleScooter....there is no delay on CJ on my end

I saw this an hour ago

12-May-2005 11:39 PDT 12-May-2005 12:38 PDT

Maybe no sales?

Diddy

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread