Exclamation Google Error Message...???
    I just got this message as I clicked on one of my links from my Counter Stats Area... I do not have any Spyware / Adware / Virus on my PC's... I check regularly... SO - Why do THEY want me to install something...?? It was probably the FUNKY URL that sent me to the search on Google from my stats page that triggered it..

I have never gotten this message on GOOGLE before..??
    Anyone else ever get this message..?

IS THIS
    GOOGLE
    TRYING TO STOP SPYWARE...??
    COOL..!!!

Error
    We're sorry...
    ... but we can't process your request right now. A computer virus or spyware application is sending us automated requests, and it appears that your computer or network has been infected.
    We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your computer is free of viruses and other spurious software. We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.

Last edited by AddHandler; May 12th, 2005 at 09:11 PM.

Actually, I have seen that exact same error on google. I am also sure I'm 100% spyware free. I just ignored it and tried again later and it worked fine.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    A computer virus or spyware application is sending us automated requests, and it appears that your computer or network has been infected.
    Seems like they may just be temporarily blocking all requests from anyone (including you) that's using your ISP...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I clicked on the link from my STATS area..
    looking at what I had been "FOUND" under for the day.. so the link was

like this::
    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2005-12,GGLD:en&q=

INSTEAD OF what it should look like if I actually do a search::
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&rls=GGLD%2CGGLD%3A2005-12%2CGGLD%3Aen&q=

So I was thinking that it was something in the URL that made me get an error..

I have just never seen that on Google before..
    it surprised me..
    Last edited by AddHandler; May 13th, 2005 at 03:53 AM. Reason: crappy grammer.. :)

There is a virus that sends queries to Google to find email addresses (I forget its name). Google applied this blocking then I think.

It doesn't mean that you are infected.. it means that somebody on the same proxy server in infected, which on your ISP could be any one of thousands of users.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Lucky those who are invulnerable to this problem.
    Google should act on this early now..

Quote Originally Posted by rod_freelanceworkexchange
    Lucky those who are invulnerable to this problem.
    Google should act on this early now..
    Well, that IS Google acting on the problem. What happened with that particular virus was that so many automated queries were thrown at Google that parts of it went offline.. it was basically a massive DDOS attack on a massively distributed system.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread