How am I supposed to know?
    Linkshare's interface now tells me that they're unable to verify some piece of information in my account. It all looks correct to me - so my question is simple:

How am I supposed to know which piece?

Anyone know how to figure out what is the problem and how to fix it?

Take a number. There about 50 folks here at LS ahead of you waiting for an answer.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Not only that, but I did this legal entity thing back in March, and I was VERIFIED.

I should be DONE now. How can I be verified and then have it taken back?

Same here.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

a possible fix?
    I was greeted with the exact same error this evening - and since they don't tell you what the erroneous information is, you just have to guess. After reading some other threads, I changed the legal entity name from the business name to my own name.

That did the trick. It seems that by fixing the "payable to" field for those users who had entered their company name in (thus changing the payable field to their name), they undid all of the successful registrations that used the company name as their legal entity name. What is so frustrating is that having the company name and payable to fields as two different items should not be that big of an issue. It seems that almost every one of the affiliates here could have designed and implemented this particular part of the transition in a better manner. Doesn't anybody do any testing anymore? Good grief.

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    I just had this happen for the first time. All I did was got to the W9 (edit) section, then scroll down to the digital signature area and enter their number/letter combo and voila - verified. Took me less than two minutes. Give it a try!
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

I finally got through this step. I had to change "legal entity" from my company to my own personal name. Even though my EIN and all the other contact information is legally correct and valid and for my company. This whole situation is complete and utter braindead moo-poo!
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

I thought I was verified from 'way back but apparently not this morning . . . found that my W9 information had me as a sole proprietor so changed it to individual then tried to follow it up on the main gripe page but I don't think it is "taking" there.

so I sent in a support message. and I'll try again later when I get my patience back.

did Friday The 13th have anything to do with it?

ABW Ambassador
    I got the error message this morning, too. Geez, I completed all this inforamation over 2 months ago, and thought I was all set. The information I have given matches all the IRS documents I have. What a pain in the (#@!!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Same problems here as I was verified back in March. Maybe the first info peddling/verification service sold off the verified info to some identify theft ring who now can pose as us to the world. The second IAB/DMA info peddling member is showing our real data now points to a PO. Box in Nigeria or a Gay Bath House address running a spmming ring out in San Francisco.

Wake up on Friday the 13th hoping for the mailman to bring your first verified consolidate check and your back to step one ...with a endless loop of non-payment excuses hitting the fan.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Exclamation and that's not all, folks . . .
    if you think things are wacky here, check the CJ forum; looks like a major outage has happened there or near there.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread