Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My patience is Gone!
    This new development with Everyone Now being "Un-verified" is the last straw for me.

Linkshare owes me over $8,000 for March commissions of which I was told by the Major Merchant was paid in the 3rd week of April -- this does Not Even include the piddly amounts that never reached threshold.

This is just another one of their games so they have a "reason" for not sending us our commissions.

Time to contact my Attorney and the Better Business Bureau.

They KNOW who we are. They HAVE past records. There is ABSOLUTELY
    No reason they CANNOT resume to the previous payment system until they
    work their Stupidity Out with their "Beta" system.

Finally "Verified"
    Okay folks -- pull out your Income tax return and use EXACTLY what is on the return.

My problem was the address -- I use a PO box for ALL my affiliate payments. But use my home address on my tax return.

Now, I want to know How and Who with L/S "verifies" What my Income tax return address is??

I Should be able to have MY check sent wherever I want it sent!

This is Absolutely Ridiculous!

You guys have me worried. I never saw anything during registration that said, "Hey, wait while we verify you." I sure hope mine went through okay. Guess I'll know when that three week late check does not show up.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Same here. I entered my home address and it took it. I use a PO Box for all of my checks and business mail.

My postal carrier is almost as incompetent as Linkshare. Bills get lost. Various neighbors bring me some of mail that has been delivered to them about once a week. We get mail addressed to our neighbors regularly. He'll leave packages on the front door and never ring the bell or put a note in the mailbox (and we enter and leave through the garage so we might not notice for days). If we put mail in the box and put up the flag, he'll put the flag down and not take the mail. We go to the Post Office to mail anything important.

Now that I've changed it, I can't change it back. Great. Now I have no choice but to get checks from Linkshare sent to my home address.

I agree: This is Absolutely Ridiculous!
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I have tried changing some things, and they didn't work. Now, it says: "Error, you have exceeded the number of attempts allowed to try to pass third party verification. You may try again at a later date."

They have some great programmers over there at LS. Is this level of protection really necessary? I already entered my (new, longer) username and password and then entered the text in the box. Can't we be fairly sure at this point that it is me entering changes to my legal identity info over and over to try to get this damn thing (that was just working this morning) to work again? Do they really need to impose a limit to how many times I can try to fix their screw up?

ABW Ambassador
    I've given up. I've tried and tried, all things match up and still not working. Like other people i was verified back in March and only today started having problems. This is pathetic.

I am also fed up!! When I logged in earlier I got this message:

"We have been unable to verify one or more pieces of your LinkShare registration information. Please verify that all registration information is correct and edit any fields necessary. Until we are able to verify your registration information we will withhold payment of this account's affiliate commissions."

Now WTF am I supposed to do? You can't edit anything - in fact, I'm too scared to change anything in case it F*$$$ things up even more. I think it's time to make a phone call to somebody at LS and tell them where they should stick their goddamn registration.

I'm so pissed off that I'm about to blow a fuse. Linkshare VERIFY THIS!!

Cripes! The one stop light town I had my country home in in NY didn't even HAVE mail delivery to the house. We HAD to have a P.O. Box. Are they crazy?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Outsourced Program Manager tmartini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey

Now that I've changed it, I can't change it back. Great. Now I have no choice but to get checks from Linkshare sent to my home address.

I agree: This is Absolutely Ridiculous!
    The only good news is that after the first check is sent and cashed, your account address is verified and you can switch over to direct deposit. Hopefully they won't screw that up!

-- Todd
    Todd Martini
    Digital Marketing Manager
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tmartini
    The only good news is that after the first check is sent and cashed, your account address is verified and you can switch over to direct deposit. Hopefully they won't screw that up!

-- Todd
    I bet if they insist on people using their home address there will be problems with direct deposit for those of us who have our PO Box as the address on our DBA's and have our business mail sent to a PO Box, which means the mailing address on our business bank accounts IS the PO Box address.

My taxes and my SS# number may well be tagged with my home address, but my business mailing address is NOT the same and I even put my PO Box business address on all my business related tax forms.

Linkshares system SUCKS.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    I just had this happen for the first time. All I did was got to the W9 (edit) section, then scroll down to the digital signature area and enter their number/letter combo and voila - verified. Took me less than two minutes. Give it a try! It might not work for all of you, but you never know!
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lstolze
    I just had this happen for the first time. All I did was got to the W9 (edit) section, then scroll down to the digital signature area and enter their number/letter combo and voila - verified. Took me less than two minutes. Give it a try! It might not work for all of you, but you never know!
    Nope! Didn't work for me.

I have also tried every combination possible for my information and still get the same error message.

This is ridiculous! If I ran my business like Linkshare does theirs I would be shot.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

I had the same BS "unverified" message too. What got rid of it for me is so ludicrous it's beyond words. My business is a sole proprietorship and my tax return DOES have my business name listed on my Schedule C. HOWEVER, it wasn't until I changed my business entity name to MY name that the "unverified" message went away. And now I can't change the entity name or the payee name!!

To sum...the verification process is just FUBAR (F***** Up Beyond All Recognition)!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in the same position as MC & Michelle. If this is truly a B2B situation, why do I have to use my Home Address?

"Is this level of protection really necessary?"
    were they sending checks to the wrong places before?????

"you can switch over to direct deposit."
    They'll NEVER get my bank acct. #. lol

Quote Originally Posted by diamich
    My business is a sole proprietorship and my tax return DOES have my business name listed on my Schedule C. HOWEVER, it wasn't until I changed my business entity name to MY name that the "unverified" message went away.
    That fixed it for me too, even though the correct legal entity would be my business, and not me. What a mess!
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Angry
    I feel like I'm up to my a$$ in alligators, waiting for them to drain the swamp!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'm as of this morning in the same position as all the above. Tried the W-9 update and verified all the info for a single individual account (& SS#) with the same address & phone# since I joined LS in 1997. Even my Whois info is the same.

Great snafu as Linkshare in mid-stream changes to a different info peddling Adwhore verification service. The first info peddling verification outfit scraps all the sellable info from the LS sheeple. Now the second group has at it so they can gleen even more info ( Changes from Company to Individual info ...or vice versa) like some Double OPT-IN list broker adding to his sellable database. Ever wonder if GWB could join and get verified with a White House Address.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    You guys have me worried. I never saw anything during registration that said, "Hey, wait while we verify you." I sure hope mine went through okay. Guess I'll know when that three week late check does not show up.
    Well, guess it was my turn to be punished by LinkShare. "We have been unable to verify one or more pieces of your LinkShare registration information."

This shows up two weeks after I registerd.

Where are the folks at Linkshare when we all need them? Why are they ignoring us when dozens of folks are having problems?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I updated the W9 page to echo my personal info as per me tax return and it still didn't fix the problem... it said this when I made the change
    Error Message

Updated successfuly
    But I still get the we'll hold you funds THREAT when I log back in!

Grrrrrrr!

I have no idea what I need to change.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I sent them a message using the support link... anyone know how long they take to answer those?

LOL! That was a joke, right?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Just spoke to LS via phone about this. See information here http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=58187

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ
    I sent them a message using the support link... anyone know how long they take to answer those?

What?

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy

What?

LMAO I literally fell off my chair......HA HA HA HA HA HA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast