Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager tmartini's Avatar
    Exclamation Legal Entity/Payable To can now be changed!
    Hey Guys,

Just logged into Linkshare and was given the option to update the Legal Entity for my account. Once you change the Legal Entity to your name, it automatically updates the Payable To field. Now we just need to get paid!

Hope everything is going great. Take care.

-- Todd
    Todd Martini
    Digital Marketing Manager
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

Ditto - worked like a champ

Charles

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    So, it sounds like they fixed this problem that plagued some, but in doing so screwed the rest of us that were already successfully verified.

Arghhh
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

I passed verification back in March, and now get an error message upon login saying pieces of my information cannot be verified. In the information that comes up with the error message, I can change the 'legal entity' name, but I CANNOT change the 'payable to' name.

I'm also now getting this message:

"We have been unable to verify one or more pieces of your LinkShare registration information. Please verify that all registration information is correct and edit any fields necessary. Until we are able to verify your registration information we will withhold payment of this account's affiliate commissions."

My information is correct... Jeez, they are really giving a clinic on how an implementation shouldn't be done.
    [B]A great secret of success is to go through life as a man who never gets used up.[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by stannis
    I passed verification back in March, and now get an error message upon login saying pieces of my information cannot be verified. In the information that comes up with the error message, I can change the 'legal entity' name, but I CANNOT change the 'payable to' name.
    Once you change the legal entity name, it automatically changes the "payable to" name to match it.

-- Todd
    Todd Martini
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

Well, everyone must be rushing over there because I keep timing out when I try to log in.

OK, got in.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Quote Originally Posted by tmartini
    Once you change the legal entity name, it automatically changes the "payable to" name to match it.

-- Todd
    I tried that but it just doesn't work for me. Changed the legal entity name to my own but the "payable to field" is still my website name. Also I'm getting the error message: "We have been unable to verify one or more pieces of your LinkShare registration information. Please verify that all registration information is correct and edit any fields necessary. Until we are able to verify your registration information we will withhold payment of this account's affiliate commissions."

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy
    I tried that but it just doesn't work for me. Changed the legal entity name to my own but the "payable to field" is still my website name. Also I'm getting the error message: "We have been unable to verify one or more pieces of your LinkShare registration information. Please verify that all registration information is correct and edit any fields necessary. Until we are able to verify your registration information we will withhold payment of this account's affiliate commissions."
    Hey Grumpy,

First it has to verify your registration information, then if it passes, it changes the "payable to" field to match the legal entity field.

Not sure what might be causing your problem, but make sure the registration information (e.g. name, address, city, state, zip) exactly matches the information on your tax return. Linkshare is matching your Social Security # to the mailing address that links to it. If you're using a different address to receive Linkshare payments, it won't verify correctly.

Hope this helps.

-- Todd
    Todd Martini
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

Thanks Todd! I just cannot understand why, after being with Linkshare for over 2 years, all of a sudden they cannot verify who I am. Anyway I'm going to call them tomorrow and try to get to the bottom of this BS.

Looks like it works here too. I thought there'd be a spot to change the Payable To field, but you have to change it above. I added my name and the error went away and the payable to field updated. Now all I need are my checks!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

My legal entity and payable fields on file are fine. But I'm still getting that reregistration screen when I log in, and:

Error, we were not able to verify your legal name and address with a third party verification service. Please check your legal name and address and try again.
    I am so sick of this.

And what's with that question on the first page, "Are you 18 years old?" If you check that you do business as a corporation, it shouldn't matter how old you are. My corporation is only 9 years old. Of course, if I answer no to that question, I could be opening up another can of worms. But, then again, I still can't get past page two of the registration.

I started getting that message yesterday for the first time. I updated the incorrect bit of data and did the update, but it reverted back to the incorrect data when I logged in again today. So I won't get paid, and I can't update my data. Lovely! Why bother giving us an update form that doesn't save anything?

I suppose my only remaining option is to deactivate my LS account and take them to court for the money they owe me that they're unlawfully sitting on.

- Tim
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Ugh, I'm suddenly getting the same error message. They've been paying me for years and suddenly the information isn't verifiable. Crud, I hate LinkShare.

ABW Ambassador
    I went to update profile and still cannot make the change.

Where do you change the legal entity name?

I can't either. Company Name, Tax EIN + Legal Entity Type are not editable.

Quote Originally Posted by tmartini
    Hey Grumpy,

First it has to verify your registration information, then if it passes, it changes the "payable to" field to match the legal entity field.

Not sure what might be causing your problem, but make sure the registration information (e.g. name, address, city, state, zip) exactly matches the information on your tax return. Linkshare is matching your Social Security # to the mailing address that links to it. If you're using a different address to receive Linkshare payments, it won't verify correctly.

Hope this helps.

-- Todd
    I am going to try changing the address, but that doesn't make a lick of sense because my business address that I use on my DBA, Schedule C, etc. is my PO Box, but my SS# is obviously my home address. My taxes to come to my home and not my PO Box since we file jointly though.

Will update in a few minutes once I see if that works.
    ~Michelle

Here's my update.

I changed all the addresses over to my home address and I am still getting the can't verify message.

I doesn't make sense that I would have to do that anyways because as I said, my business address is my PO Box. If they ever do go to auto deposit payment my mailing address in my account at Linkshare would not match my mailing address on my bank account so I am sure there would be a problem there.

I think there is just something WRONG with their system, because when I log out of my account and log back in, everything I have changed on the Legal Entity form auto reverts back to the old information.

The only place the changes I make stay intact is on the W-9 page.
    ~Michelle

Same here, I seem to be in some kind of PO Box / Street Address endless loop. Maybe. It doesn't tell you which piece of information is failing. Maybe if I fax them my articles of incorporation they'll believe I exist? This is insane...
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by stannis
    Me too! ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    This sucks worse then a ATM that doesn't dispense money...but prints receipts.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I'm verivied, but I cannot change 'Payable to' field. I need to change this for my name from my company name. HOW CAN I update my info ? Any help !!!

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    This sucks worse then a ATM that doesn't dispense money...but prints receipts.
    Nominated for the funnniest quote of the day...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Will someone please post the link to the new login section? I am getting in the old section no problem but I'm worried I'm not trying the right place.

[edited to add] I think I found it no URL required now thanks
    Last edited by Gordon; May 13th, 2005 at 12:59 PM.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

You use the same login as you always have.

Once you've logged in, you might get the screen that asks you to rejoin LinkShare. If you don't get that screen, go to YOUR ACCOUNT. Their is a link on the bottom of the left hand side LEGAL ENTITY REGISTRATION (below PAYMENT REPORT, but above DEACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT). This will take you to the reregistration screen that some of us are unfortunate enough to see every time we log in, but can't get past page 2.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast