Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Exclamation Linkshare Registration Error and Payment Update
    With all the posts from folks receiving the registration errors who had previously gone through the legal entity process, I just checked my account and also was immediately taken to the error page. I suspected some type of overall technical problem going happening, so I just called and talked with LS to see if I could find some info considering the frustration levels.

Here's what I was told:

Yes, they are experiencing technical problems with the registration. LS is aware of the problem and they say they are working on it.

All (I repeat all) affiliates are going to have to complete the registration process again. However LS recommends that affiliates wait until Monday to do so as they are still working on whatever the technical problem is. They said some affiliate's are being able to complete the registration process again, but many aren't so it's best for affs to wait until they have resolved the problem.

Of course I know everyone is ultimately wondering about payments for this month so I asked. This problem has effected the May 9th payments. Payments were not sent for accounts that were not verified. I'm not sure if that was all accounts or just some. I was told that payments would be going out next week but would be delayed. I don't remember offhand the second date payments were scheduled this month. However you will have to complete the verification process again to be included in the payment next week (I wasn't given a specific day...just payments would go out next week on verified accounts).

Hope this information helps folks at least a bit better what is happening at the moment. And yes, I did express my opinion that just keeping affs informed when there is a problem like this certainly helps to reduce the frustration and anger levels that folks experience from just not having a clue what is going on. I told them I would post the info here.

Why are they not telling us themselves through the appropriate methods. We don't know what is going on and my mechants don't know what is going on.

What a way to run a company. I'm guessing since we have not seen Mr. Messer here and the total lack of communication that he must be off on another one of his trips.

If Linkshare had even a clue about what good affiliate public relations is, they would quickly reactivate the old reporting screens, pay everyone today and take the appropriate time to implement and test their new system. This is just further and further delays for a system that obviously has many problems.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

they have, and are still handling this situation in an utterly unprofessional way.

this level of incompetence shall be remembered for a long time to come.

shameful . . .

heisje

ABW Ambassador
    Does anybody know about the contracts merchants get in with LS? I know with CJ merchants can also open up an indy program or at SAS, can LS merchants do the same?

Nope. They cannot and that has been a real hardship for a lot of mechants I have talked to who are discouraged with LS but don't want to do a complete switch to a new network because all links would have to be changed (one of the many reason).
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Nope. They cannot and that has been a real hardship for a lot of mechants I have talked to who are discouraged with LS but don't want to do a complete switch to a new network because all links would have to be changed (one of the many reason).
    Absolutely agree...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Thanks for the info Kellie, it sure would have been nice if they had told us this, and I'm sick of them holding the payments and reports for so long... my profit margin is very small, I cannot afford to wait for them to pull their finger out of their......

15 years and counting
    heisje - this level of incompetence shall be remembered for a long time to come.
    Don't worry, I still remember them from the good all days. I was able to anticipate how they run their business. That's a shame.

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Thank you for posting that Kellie.

But with all due respect, you shouldn't have had to make that call, ask those questions, or post the message.

And someone from LS still needs to post here, preferably 2 or 3 times a day, updating us on the status of the problem. That is the LEAST they should be doing.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

ABW Ambassador
    Well that's sad since it's the merchants that are at the top of the Affiliate Marketing food chain. To get into a contract that ties your own hands, kinda crazy. Merchant and affiliate, all you need for affiliate marketing to work.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Michelle
    ...And someone from LS still needs to post here, preferably 2 or 3 times a day, updating us on the status of the problem. That is the LEAST they should be doing.
    Posting would be a nice change, but if you've been watching, they don't even visit ABW anymore. I have not seem Mr. Messer in days and Noxid just once yesterday.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Ugh...after feeling pretty good about not getting caught in this crunch, it's happened anyway. I posted earlier about doing the electronic sig and it worked. Well now I logged in and got the same damn message. I emailed them, and this is what I got back (pretty quickly too, I have to say):

Dear Affiliate,

Thank you for your email!

LinkShare is working to resolve the verification issue. We expect this issue to be resolved on May 16th. At that time, you should be have no problem registering if you are using your correct tax id, name and address. In the meantime, you are able to access your account to run reports, create links, etc., by clicking on the 'Back to Home page link that is available above the Live Chat button. We appreciate your patience in this matter and apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
    Regina Cotto
    Linkshare Affiliate Consultant
    646-654-6000 ext. 644

I guess I'll just ride it out until next week.
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

But we are still back to the same question, what is the correct tax id, name and address. There is nothing to tell you what field the verification system does not like.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

And in the meantime, the next check cutoff (5/16) will pass.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

someone from LS still needs to post here
    They NEED to post all the info about what is going on on their own site so that ALL their affiliates can be informed, not just ABW members.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

MC, correct. It will be delayed until later next week. They actually did give me a date (short-term memory lapse) of the 20th.

Good point, SSanf. I've recommended that to them several times. The system CJ has is really great and now that they update theirs often when there is a problem, my stress level is much better.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by lstolze
    We expect this issue to be resolved on May 16th.

Sorry Linkshare, but May 16th is just plain not good enough. It is unexceptable.
    ~Michelle

Thank you for posting that Kellie.

But with all due respect, you shouldn't have had to make that call, ask those questions, or post the message.
    ~Michelle,

But *I* wanted to know what was going on for myself though when I got the error message on my account. So I decided to use the phone out of their various support options because I felt it would be the most expedient method to having my questions answered. Got an answer in just a couple minutes. It was personal decision to share the information because others here having such frustrations and I didn't see a reason for folks to continue to try and make something work through the weekend which probably isn't. I didn't have to post the info here, I just did it to try and assist other affs.

As SSanf said some type of notice on their site would be helpful. Implementing an annoucement box on the home login page like others have could be a benefit for everyone all the way around.

Kellie,

I agree. I wasn't bashing you for doing so. I was just pointing out that there should have been no need for you to do so if LS would simply do even a half decent job.
    ~Michelle

You know, if LS does not want us to change the restration information until May 16th, they should take that information down at their website with a simple screen explaining what is going on. Right now a majority of the LS affiliates are desprately trying to fix a problem on their registration screens, not knowing it is useless and they will have to do it again on Monday.

I just can't believe anyone at LS can't see how easy it would be do some of these things.

But, alas, it is just these type of things that further demonstrates what I have been saying. LS is ignoring it's affiliates (and many of it's merchants, too).
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    I agree Kellie.....Pick up the phone and call, its friggin toll free!

There is no need to stew about this and sit and wait for an email....it just isnt gonna happen and your weekend is gonna be completely ruined.

Yes treat people the way you expect to be treated just isnt happening.

And yes I agree there should have been someone from LS in the boards making sense of all this....but it didnt happen and I am sure there is reasons for it, whatever...it is completely irrelevant now...we want our cake..

From Affiliate to Affiliates....all I can say is pick up the phone and call....clear your mind, tell your story......you will at least get some sort of answer.

On a sidenote........CJ has an announcement box when you log in...pretty cool.

Is it just me or does Andy just look way to happy in his lil icon...I wonder what is going on from the next down?????

Remember those three part flip together books.....LMAO

DIDDY

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    OMG I am so retarded.....meant NECK down...not NEXT down...

Quote Originally Posted by Kellie aka Ms. B

All (I repeat all) affiliates are going to have to complete the registration process again. However LS recommends that affiliates wait until Monday to do so as they are still working on whatever the technical problem is. They said some affiliate's are being able to complete the registration process again, but many aren't so it's best for affs to wait until they have resolved the problem.
    "Please note: Re-registering is a prerequisite to being paid by any Merchants subscribing to LinkShare's Consolidated Affiliate Payment Services. In other words, you will not be eligible to receive any commission or other pay ments until and unless you re-register and your information has been successfully authenticated and validated by our systems. LinkShare will initiate three payment batches to affiliates on 5/9, 5/16, and 5/23. You must complete the re-registration by 9 am EDT on the day of the batch processing to be included in that batch. Please allow a few days for checks to be delivered after each batch processing date."

So we may have to wait until Monday the 16th to re-register, and according to Steve's letter, it will have to be done by 9am EDT in order to be included in the May 16th batch. Wonderful!

ABW Ambassador
    You know i kinda miss seeing all those checks show up in the mailbox. Not so bad afterall. Getting paid is the most important part.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast