Outsourced Program Manager tmartini's Avatar
    Question Affiliate Network Software
    Hey Guys,

Does anyone have any experience with either of these two Affiliate Network Software packages:

AlstraSoft Affiliate Network Pro $390
    http://www.alstrasoft.com/affiliate.htm

PartnersManager 6.0 $3000
    http://www.partnersmanager.com/server.htm

I'm researching the possibility of starting a niche affiliate network for a particular group of merchants that I have a lot of experience in dealing with. Thanks in advance.

-- Todd
    Todd Martini
    Digital Marketing Manager
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    although i have no experience of the above -but i see many networks using alstrasoft- i would like to point you to the demos of each company....they look somehow the same...not EXACTLY the same...but you will understand what i mean...just check them out!

ABW Ambassador
    Just purchased AlstraSoft Affiliate Network Pro

Will ship it off to Russia for testing and rework.

At that price, you could throw it away and make money.

ABW Ambassador
    merchant consultant....can you give more info regarding alstrasofts soft?

ABW Ambassador
    Just got it.

It's written in PHP which is what the Russian programmers do.

Give them a month to test it and try to break it and I'll get back to you. Send me a PM to remind me.

ABW Ambassador
    to break it??? from what they have told me they provide you with full source code!!!!

btw i have heard that partnersprogram -a bulgrarian company from what it seems - they sell a broken source code of alstrasoft altered just not to show that it is the same do you know anything about that?

Thanks KGP. I already ran both demos and I found that PartnersManager is definitely the better of two. It reminds me a lot of the Commission Junction interface. The merchant and affiliate interfaces in particular are a lot more intuitive and have a lot more features than Affiliate Network Pro. Having an easy to use interface is going to be crucial to this project, since I'll be dealing with a group of merchants who in general aren't familar with affiliate networks, but I'm still not convinced it's worth $2600 more.

Mike - Definitely be interested in hearing how a reworked Affiliate Network Pro works out for you. Tell them to fix some of the spelling errors! (e.g. VeiwProfile).

Thanks again.

-- Todd
    Todd Martini
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    tmartini....how come you found partnersmanager to be better than alstrasofts??? weird enough they are the same...the only thing partnersmanager must have done is to improve it a while in order not to show that it is the same soft overall....

i would encourage you...although not certain enough...to get a version of alstrasoft...customize it and here you go...

Hey KGP,

Actually of the two of them, Affiliate Network Pro looks like the hacked program, especially when you consider the numerous misspellings and grammar mistakes in the program (e.g. Second Tire Commission, Please Past HTML code..., Calender, There is no Members on this group)

As for the intuitiveness of the interface, here's a simple test. Login to the demos as a Merchant and create a new link for your affiliates. Here's how you do it in PartnersManager:

1) Click on Programs & Links in the top menu
    2) Click on Advertising Links at the top of the page
    3) Choose the type of link you want to create

It took me about 30 seconds to figure this out.

Now here's how you do it in ANP:

1) Click on Programs in the top menu
    2) Choose the Affiliate Program from the drop-down box (I chose ID:34...http://google.com)
    3) Scroll to the bottom of the page where it says Advertising Links.
    4) Click on one of the categories of Advertising Links (Text, HTML, Banner, Popup, Flash) to choose the type of link you want to create.

From that point the programs are identical. It only took me a few minutes more to figure out ANP, which isn't a lot, but I'm going to be dealing with merchants who have never been part of an affiliate network. What takes me a few minutes will take them a lot longer. Between ANP's interface problems and the misspellings/grammar errors (which show a lack of professionalism), PartnersManager looks to be the better program. Still it's not worth $1700 or $2700 more (I saw both $2000 and $3000 listed as the price), so I might just purchase ANP and customize it on my own. I'll probably wait until Mike (Merchant Consultant Team) gets back to us next month with his progress report.

Hope everything is going great. Take care.

-- Todd
    Todd Martini
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    so do i...i am waiting for his feedback in order to move on...as i am looking to make a niche affiliate network and had the same issues as you did.

then i figured out if i get the source from ANP and customize it the way i want to, i will have a better than partnersmanager.

btw i feel that its the opposite thing around, if you look inside the partnersmanager demo -which by the way its not ok...it had more errors in the past and a lot of bulgarian/cyrrilic text- you will see a link to the main bulgarian company ensuring me that partnersmanager stole the code from alstrasoft, on the other hand i heard that alstrasoft stole it from other developers...so the story goes on....its like those chain letters...you dont know who originally sent them ;-)

ABW Ambassador
    any news mike regarding the issue? i am anxiously waiting for your feedback ;-)

So gang can you give us the ending to this saga?

Did Todd go ahead and make his niche network and using what platform or did he wait for the report that MCT promised but never posted?

Did KGP keep hanging on?

Did anyone resolve who copied who, if at all?

This was such an exciting thread - please tell us how it ended. I can't bear the suspense

Cheers,
    Peter
    [URL=http://www.typoassassin.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=p&utm_campaign=sig]Are these affiliates stealing from you?[/URL]

Hey Peter,

The bad news is that I never did start the Niche Affiliate Network. The biggest drawback was that it would have taken a significant investment in both money and time, and I wasn't convinced that the niche market I was targeting was ready for it.

In addition one of my other ventures went through the roof, so I've spent the last 7 months working non-stop on it. I still might come back to the Niche Affiliate Network at some point, but I already have two other projects in the pipeline right now that are ahead of it. I guess I'm always going to have more ideas than I have time!

Take care...

-- Todd
    Todd Martini
    Jones Soda Co.
    Follow Me on Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    Hello all,

i remember senting a PM to Todd asking whether he went and purchased either of the products sometime later after his last post, but received no answer so i was pretty sure he left it for later ;-) .

I think i sent to mike a similar PM, but not quite sure about this.

I have along with my other projects which going to pursue with this one, although as i said its not going to be US based and its going to have a very niche market.

Have finished with all the business and feasibility plans, although delayed due to issues and delays on other projects. Currently this project is No4 on the project list and so it bares the appropriate care.

Although if i had the chance to look after and/or test the scripts in question and/or any other scripts as such i would have given this project a higher priority and care as such. Thats why i was waiting as well reviews and also findings from others.

I am still looking for a solution to be honest i am scared to go and buy a solution that might not be the proper one, not because of money but because of lost time, which believe me it costs more as i can understand from the delay i had and have on the first project.

so mike...i believe its your turn...correct?

Ps btw if you can plz pm me any info regarding your russia programmers in case i can outsource any project there ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by KGP
    btw i feel that its the opposite thing around, if you look inside the partnersmanager demo -which by the way its not ok...it had more errors in the past and a lot of bulgarian/cyrrilic text- you will see a link to the main bulgarian company ensuring me that partnersmanager stole the code from alstrasoft, on the other hand i heard that alstrasoft stole it from other developers...so the story goes on....its like those chain letters...you dont know who originally sent them ;-)
    I can't say who stole what, but I can highly recommend avoiding Alstrasoft like the plague! Seriously read up on them before ever considering even looking twice at their products.

where do you suggest reading up on them? and what parts of their system are 'bad'. you're being a little to vague to be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mande
    where do you suggest reading up on them? and what parts of their system are 'bad'. you're being a little to vague to be taken seriously.
    Read up through a few simple google searches...

Alstrasoft Problems
    Alstrasoft Victims
    Alstrasoft Nightmares
    etc. etc.

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread