Veronica at Hotwire.com gave me permission to post her email I received this morning in response to my inquiry about Hotwire's affiliation with Buyersport. WTG Veronica and Hotwire.com!

Hi Ernie:

Many thanks for your email.

I became aware of the BuyersPort situation last week. After developing my own opinions on their behavior, I scheduled calls with them and with
    LinkShare to hear their perspective. I did not want to remove them from the program without speaking to them first and getting the full story.

After hearing their story, I conducted some tests, researched forums (such as the one you provided to me) and spoke with other affiliate program managers.

Ultimately, I have decided to terminate the relationship with BuyersPort. I removed them from our program this morning. Please be assured that I want to run an ethical affiliate program that
    rewards those affiliates who deserve to be rewarded.

Thanks again for your email.

Regards,
    Veronica

Veronica Young
    Online Marketing
    vyoung@hotwire.com

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Good to see a prime merchant like Hotwire take a stance to rid themselves of a Duperaffiliate like Buyersport. Take a look at Limewire.com who actively are switching affiliate IDs and the others at www.parasiteware.com I'll put up mote links in my travel sections for your program

WebMaster Mike

Perhaps you could suggest to Veronica that she contact Morpheus/Buyersport to get the links to her company's site pulled immediately off Buyersport.com. Until that happens, many people will erroneously believe there's still a relationship between the two companies...

--
    Genki Productions http://www.genkiproductions.com/
    Free Email - Affiliate Programs - Web Promotion Tips - Jobs in Japan

ABW Ambassador
    It really doesn't matter what people think because they'll get Linkshare's termination screen if they click on the link.

It would be an embarrassment to Morpheus when someone sees that message, so it's really in our best interest to keep it the way it is.

Except that LinkShare is still getting some benefit from the link, since people may go on to visit their site. This is minor, though...

--
    Genki Productions http://www.genkiproductions.com/
    Free Email - Affiliate Programs - Web Promotion Tips - Jobs in Japan

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread