ABW Ambassador
    Linkshare Check Bounced!
    Oh man, I have had it! I just received word from my bank that a Linkshare check bounced. How is that possible!!

Anyone else have the same problem?

This is not an eComWorks issue, this is a check direct from Linkshare. This is the second check that has bounced this month (with eComWorks being the other!).

YUCK!!

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Yup, if it was Lands' end, then we've already covered that terrible subject.

To make matters worse, the email from the AM girl at Lands' end basically called anyone cashing the checks dishonest. Now I have a bank fee to take care of, and an insult.

What's next?

Fred

ABW Ambassador
    It wasn't Lands' End - it was Lane Bryant.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Contact Hershell the AM ASAP - he'll fix it

Unhappy Bounced Check
    I had a Land's End check bounce. I called the Linkshare office in New York. They said it was Land's End's problem - said the check shouldn't have been issued in the first place.

I then contacted Land's End. I told them I did NOT think I should have to absorb a bank fee when it was their fault.

My Linkshare account has been credited for the amount of the bank fee.

I'd recommend that anyone who had their check bounce contact the appropriate affiliate manager. BTW, find out the amount of your bank's fee before you contact them.

Like the rest of you, I was absolutely shocked when my bank returned their check - stamped on it: do not re-deposit check.

I hope that this problem will not continue to occur!!!!

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks, everyone - I appreciate the feedback!

So what was the outcome of this?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

In my case, I am waiting to see. In the beta reporting system, I have what looks like a correction to Lands' End mistake. Unfortunately, it is couched in code terms, and I will need to get someone at LS to tell me what it means (try not to laugh).

In any event, I am sure there will not be any compensation for bank fees, and other expenses.

I'll post as soon as their is something from my story. Anxious to hear how Gr Sacc makes out.

Fred

Another reason not to ever go with direct deposit with any of these people.

So was there ever an update on this? What was the reason this check wasn't honored?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi all,

Sorry for the delay but I just wanted to double check the facts. Here is what I have found, for the Jan feb (for Lane Bryant) period which is in question all but ten checks have cleared and none have bounced. It is not unusual to have some checks hanging out there. If I could get the check number I could get more specific on what happened.

Steve

ABW Ambassador
    Hi everyone. Sorry I didn't update this sooner - I just got a response today as to why the check didn't clear. Somehow, the routing numbers along the bottom got torn off. I can see on the returned check that about 1/4 inch is missing from the bottom of the check. It looks like it went through a machine in an awkward way, and the bottom was ripped off. I will see if the check can be reissued.

Thank you all for your advice and support!

Thanks Gr Sacc. It is important that if LS is not at fault on this issue that we make sure that is known. If Mr. Messer wants me to notifiy merchants in a follow-up to my previous letter with that as one of many complaints by affiliates, I will be happy to do so.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Mr. Messers' facts are lacking - For the record, I am still holding a check from Linkshare that was not honored by Linkshare's bank (Stop payment).

See my post here for details:
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=66

I am sure Linkshare will will point the finger at the Merchant, but it was a Linkshare check, drawn on a Linkshare account.

Fred

Good point. Thanks. I don't think Mr. Messer wants me emailing his merchants with any kind of information in the future, good or bad.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread