Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Ebates... Thank you but No Thank you
    Here's a first for me.

I've done AM work for a fair while now and this week was the first time I've ever had a network mail a client to try and get in an Affiliate we rejected... last I checked it was the merchant who defined who is allowed into a merchants affiliate program, not the network... so thanks CJ for the second bite at the apple, but I'll pass on this one, I see maggots in it.

We don't want Ebates in the EverythingHome Program canabalizing the organic traffic and targeting the domain name.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Question
    did CJ actually say eBates was born again?

last year someone stated that a CJ employee recommended a similar situation to a prospective merchant, like "whenu (or similar) is a viable option."

Internet Cowboy
    I'm glad to see CJ is still looking out for the best interest of affiliates

I've done AM work for a fair while now and this week was the first time I've ever had a network mail a client to try and get in an Affiliate we rejected... last I checked it was the merchant who defined who is allowed into a merchants affiliate program, not the network... so thanks CJ for the second bite at the apple, but I'll pass on this one, I see maggots in it.
    CJ should also stop promoting these kind of thieving/cheating buggers to their merchants if they want to try and come across as honest and ethical are really are our "Trusted third party".

Todd, is it any wonder I and many others here at ABW think you lot at CJ are a bunch of liars and cheats when CJ do this kind of stuff? especially after you posted a little earlier this week or maybe last week that CJ don't want these type of people in their program?
    voloda,

Based on your posts in this and other threads, I am not going to address your concerns or answer your questions. I am not sure you are capable of understanding the issues well enough and it would not be a good use of my time responding.

I am not trying to insult you, this is just my opinion based on my observations.
    Seems to me after reading the post by Chris today it is actually you/CJ that does not understand our concerns not Voloda, or could it be like many of us actually think and some of us say, CJ just plain don't give a toss for their honest affiliates?

I asume you are going to give us a perfectly good reason why CJ promote this kind of scum that steal/divert our comissions instead of removing them like your previous posts indicated you are in the process of doing?
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Must be painful for those pimping for the BHO's seeing all those carefully placed Adwhore enema tubes and commission bleeding drains ripped from their merchant lists. WTF are they supposed to do? Actually start building high conversion landing page creatives and look for legit physical click affiliates to place them on their pages. The Horror of It.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    a perfectly good reason why CJ promote this kind of scum that steal/divert our comissions instead of removing them like (Todd's) previous posts indicated
    The salesperson never heard of Spitzer's latest, but Todd has LOL
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

15 years and counting
    Knowing eBates is still using security holes somebody at CJ is going to end up in jail.
    http://www.benedelman.org/news/121504-1.html

Internet Cowboy
    I am sure that Chris is wrong and this letter was never sent at all. CJ would NEVER do anything like actively promote someone who is in clear violation of their own COC.
    Chris, how dare you make up such a story?

Ben sure is getting to be a media cult figure and needs to get interviewed by Bill O'reilly on his Fox News Factor show.

....."Ebates Terms & Conditions Allow Removing Other Programs

Finally, note that Ebates has joined the ranks of software providers who, in their EULAs, claim the right to remove other software programs. Ebates' MMM Terms & Conditions demand:

"Ebates may disable or uninstall any other product or software tool that might interfere with the operability of the Moe Money Maker Software or otherwise preempt or render inoperative the Moe Money Maker Software ... In installing the Moe Money Maker Software, you authorize Ebates to disable, uninstall, or delete any application or software that might, in Ebates' opinion nullify its function."

Ebates is right to worry that a user can only successfully run a single automatic commission-claiming program. But this license language allows Ebates to delete far more than competing commission programs. For example, if Ad-Aware removes MMM as spyware, thereby "interfering with the operability" of MMM, then the license purports to give Ebates the right to remove Ad-Aware."

Where was CJ's complaince team when eBates was hiring drive-by and hidden bundler distribution partners? Oh they were busy shoe horning screensavers.com and other Findwhat partners into their merchant pool.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Chris, how dare you make up such a story?
    I'm just waiting for the ones asking us to reconsider a few of eBates Buddies....
    Last edited by Chris - AMWSO; May 16th, 2005 at 08:50 PM.

Chris ...in CJ parlance these BHO butt buddies are called "cluster bombs".

Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    Chris ...in CJ parlance these BHO butt buddies are called "cluster bombs".
    Mike, where do you come up with some of these lines?
    On second thought, I don't want to know

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    Here's a first for me.

We don't want Ebates in the EverythingHome Program canabalizing the organic traffic and targeting the domain name.

Cheers

Chris
    This is disgusting, to say the least.

Terrible! CJ has NO SHAME!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    what did Spitzer say again?

I thought there was something about those who assist thieves being liable for the theft or something like that.

Internet Cowboy
    I wonder what Todd's opinion of this is. He is CJ's VP of sales.

Zeus wrote:
    Knowing eBates is still using security holes somebody at CJ is going to end up in jail.
    Zeus, Thanks for sharing this informative article!

marcelle

ABW Ambassador
    Naag
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus

National Association of Attorneys General

http://www.naag.org/ag/full_ag_table.php

Full Contact List for the Attorneys General

Best,
    RadarCat, WebMaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

Affiliate Manager
    My rep in CJ jas been saying that EBATES has changed and they are trying to schedule a call with them. I really don't believe in it. What is the word on the streets about it?

Thanks

"My rep in CJ jas been saying that EBATES has changed"

CJ/Ebates - aren't they kinda/sorta the "same crew"? wink, wink.

From Ben's observations...

"Finally, note that Ebates has joined the ranks of software providers who, in their EULAs, claim the right to remove other software programs. Ebates' MMM Terms & Conditions demand:

"Ebates may disable or uninstall any other product or software tool that might interfere with the operability of the Moe Money Maker Software or otherwise preempt or render inoperative the Moe Money Maker Software ... In installing the Moe Money Maker Software, you authorize Ebates to disable, uninstall, or delete any application or software that might, in Ebates' opinion nullify its function."

Ebates is right to worry that a user can only successfully run a single automatic commission-claiming program. But this license language allows Ebates to delete far more than competing commission programs. For example, if Ad-Aware removes MMM as spyware, thereby "interfering with the operability" of MMM, then the license purports to give Ebates the right to remove Ad-Aware."

Their a BHO so they live and die by the normal infestation routines and double dipping lazy ass merchants.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Networks lie. No wait, that's not quite true. They make shit up so they don't have to out and out lie. Yeah, that's what they do. It's the same as lying except that it reduces their liability (and responsibility and accountability too).

Maybe it's time for you to take your merchants indie, Chris.

the Mo Money Maker download is pure poison.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    From Ben's observations...

"Finally, note that Ebates has joined the ranks of software providers who, in their EULAs, claim the right to remove other software programs. Ebates' MMM Terms & Conditions demand:

This is far reaching than you might think.

This gives Ebates the right to interfere with the proper operability of other softwares which gives the proper commission credit to the rightful affiliate.

For example, the affiliate with the last click should have the credit, right? but that would interfere with Ebates getting the commish. so what can they do? They can disable/override cj tracking once they set their cookies, to prevent other affiliate links from replacing the cookies.

nice Ebates wording, huh?
    Last edited by waytogo; May 23rd, 2006 at 02:25 AM.

ABW Ambassador
    First time I've read this thread. It speaks volumes to a recent experience I had with CJ. Ebates rebates to their users for a particular merchant a higher amount than the standard affiliate commission. When I learned this, I asked the merchant for a higher commission to make their affiliate program equitable. The merchant forwarded my request to CJ. CJ responded to me that they don't discuss other affiliates with affiliates. I replied that my point was that I can earn more by purchasing through Ebates than my own affiliate link and all I was asking for was equitability.

This went back and forth between me, CJ and the merchant for weeks. Ultimately, the merchant raised my commission to an amount even higher than what I asked for. By this point, CJ was out of the discussion altogether.

After reading this discussion, it's clear to me that CJ has a true conflict of interest with Ebates and couldn't give a damn about their small affiliates. CJ showed absolutely no interest in working with me or even acknowledging any issue here. Fortunately, the merchant ultimately acknowledged the true problem and is now more than fairly compensating me.

There's still a problem, though, because this merchant has not raised their commission program-wide so all other affiliates are still impacted by this inequity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast