ABW Ambassador
    HOME ADDRESS - I don't think so!
    Why should I have to give linkshare my home address? I have been using a PO box for all my checks forever. When I used to receive checks from cj before DD, they used my PO box too. Never a problem with cj? This is BS. Mail to my house often gets lost which is one of the reasons why I got a PO box. Does any know if this "BUG" will be worked out. I am sick of this! I just want my money already like everyone else!

I agree... I would never give my home address to anyone...

I do have the option of having an office away from my home... at this point I only use it as a mail drop and trash heap... (place to store my junk, I'm not yet ready to surrender to the trash man...)

Upon second thought... If the Swedish Ski team is around drop me a PM, You can drop by and we'll watch your hi-lite reel

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Did they specify that the home address is required? If you're getting an error registering or RE-registering it could be because of a bug in the system as Linkshaere informed us. the name and the corresponding SSN should be all that counts. On another note, I don't think that Linkshare will be able to implement project "Athena" with such strict conditions like for e.g. requiring the home address.

I agree totally one should be able to use a P-O-Box address!!

Several of us discovered that the only address that Linkshare could verify was our home address. I'm not sure what their intention is, because they won't tell anyone anything.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Somebody said in another thread they were finally able to get their verification to go through when they matched the address to what they use on their income tax return. Surely, LinkShare should know the difference between a physical address and a mailing address. All my financial stuff goes to a PO Box. When the direct deposit feature comes into play, the only address the banks have to verify against is the PO Box.

Boy, the committee that put this new system together needs to go back to school to learn some organizational skills.

I love it!

I updated my tax information and got an error message - "Updated successfuly"

Which is worse - that they put that in an error box or that they misspelled "successfully"?

They still can't verify me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Infoseeker
    I am sick of this! I just want my money already like everyone else!
    Unfortunately, "everybody else" has not been paid either. Don't feel bad, if it isn't one thing with the LS system - it's another.

As for the P.O. address, I would be willing to bet money that they are trying to match your SS# (or Tax ID#) with a physical address. So the question to LS is - will this be fixed in the system or not? Sounds like lots of inflexability to me.

Fred

I also am similar, I land my bank account, then the Linkshare tell me, saying my calculation that the information contain mistake, I am really hard to place the letter, I think that the linkshare does like this the not so good, have who will leak own home address.

Same here folks, I have used the same PO address for my business for years and years. I don't understand why they cannot verify me. Maybe I should give them email of all the other networks who know I am who I say I am, because their checks get to me just fine at my PO box.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I don't think that LS is verifying the affiliate's address. It just doen't make sense. What happens if an affiliate moves in the middle of the year for example? Would they stop paying the affiliate until the affiliate files for their next tax return. LS should be only matching the Tax ID # to the name of the affiliate, corporate or personal depending on the case, no more no less!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    LS should just match up the name and SS#, or company name and EID #. Then require a simple whois lookup for the domain information, and verify the e-mail address.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

ecomcity wrote:
    LS should just match up the name and SS#, or company name and EID #.
    I agree!
    ecomcity wrote:
    Then require a simple whois lookup for the domain information, and verify the e-mail address.
    Some domain registrars are now offering domain identity protect etc.. matching whois data might not be that easy.

Bah, they can't even match up the exact information from tax returns with a SS#. I got my tax return and typed everything in exactly...and it still didn't validate. Whatever.

Has anyone pulled their credit reports to try and match information with those? I pulled mine a few months ago and was surprised to find such simple errors.

Transunion had most of my information right, except the town I live in (it has the next town over listed which, before we got our own PO, was what we used, but that was 10 years ago). Equifax, for some unknown reason, has my ex-husbands address on my report. Experian is still listing my previous address from 3 years ago.

This is operation normal for the CRA's if you don't have or use credit cards or buy on credit.

I wonder which "3rd party verifier" LS is using? The fact of the matter is, until the CRA's can figure out a way report and/or update correct addresses, LS shouldn't depend on them to verify.

I don't suppose there are any free credit check processes out there for us to test ourselves, is there?
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Try this:
    https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

Eventually, everyone will be able to pull all 3 reports free, once every 12 months. Not all States can, yet.

BTW, if you do find errors on your CR's, it can take weeks to get addresses fixed. I had to fax one of them a copy of my SS card and Drivers License to prove my current address is in Florida and not KOREA (where my ex lives). It took quite awhile for their database to upate.

A friend of mine actually has TWO Equifax files on him. What a mess that was when he tried to buy a house. Different info on both. That was 3 years ago and it's still not right.

ellen-s4y I'm getting this error is the url correct or have they taken it ofline or is it my comp?
    The page cannot be found
    The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

It's working for me. Maybe trying the link without the https will work.

http://www.annualcreditreport.com

Hey, thanks. I tried it and do seem to exist under my personal home information, but as a business I guess I'm invisible. Gee, would be nice if the IRS thought I was invisible, too.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Mr Messner please address this problem.

Hi all -
    Recently, there's been a tremendous spike in fraudulent activity in the affiliate marketing arena. Certain people have signed up on several affiliate networks using PO Boxes as their address. Certain ones attempt to defraud networks and advertisers with forged traffic, and then wait for their "earnings" to be sent to the PO Box (at which point the mailbox has been set up to automatically forward all incoming mail to their home country or to another dropoff point).
    I, too, see the entry of a home address as a privacy issue. However, I believe that if other affiliate networks took our lead and actually took the time to verify each applicant to their network via a phone call, this post wouldn't exist.
    We verify there's an applicant with real credentials applying to be a publisher on our network, at which point we approve that publisher and send timely checks to whichever address the publisher typed in when they signed up.
    I hope this gives some insight from an affiliate network point of view - good luck!

Marketleverage wrote:
    I, too, see the entry of a home address as a privacy issue. However, I believe that if other affiliate networks took our lead and actually took the time to verify each applicant to their network via a phone call, this post wouldn't exist.
    Your concerns as a merchant are justified, but merchants are supposed to do their homework by verifying applicants. The issue is not one of entering a home address or a P.O. Box for some of the affiliates. Some people cannot be verified even when they use a home address. The third party databse does not seem to be able to verify many corporations and DBAs. To summarize, those affiliates who have undergone the test of time and have been affiliated with many merchants though Linkshare and collected and cashed checks for years should not have to go through this agony.

marcelle

Quote Originally Posted by MarketLeverage
    Recently, there's been a tremendous spike in fraudulent activity in the affiliate marketing arena. Certain people have signed up on several affiliate networks using PO Boxes as their address. Certain ones attempt to defraud networks and advertisers with forged traffic, and then wait for their "earnings" to be sent to the PO Box (at which point the mailbox has been set up to automatically forward all incoming mail to their home country or to another dropoff point).
    We understand that, but cutting off everyone with a PO Box isn't the solution.

I don't even mind Linkshare (or any of my merchants) knowing my home address. I just want my checks and 1099s going to my PO Box, where they're secure and won't get lost.

When I send in my federal taxes, I send them to a PO Box. I don't send them to John Snow or Mark Everson's home address. (That's the Secretary of the Treasury and the IRS Commissioner.)
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread