Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Linkshare....its time to step up and save yourself
    Okay.....Not that I am the smartest guy in the world, but people arent happy.

Links are being dropped from affiliates websites like its a Snopp Dogg Song (for you people that dont know.....Drop it like it's hot)

I just turned on MTV2 and it is old school sunday......and guess what video is playin...."Self Destruction" by Boogie Down Productions

Trust is gone with the wind (Doobie Doobie do), and respect is pretty much lost and here are your affiliates, the legs of the organization, not happy.

Someone needs to get a handle on this, like yesterday or try and recruit Todd Crawford from CJ (gotta like how he handled CJ on Friday)

Anyway...that is just my .02 cents

Diddy

This LinkShare forum has become nothing but a long list of ranting and raving. Hardly anything discussed any more about actual affiliate work. But lots of ranting and raving about lack of reports, getting paid, blah, blah, blah.

Diddy is right. If LinkShare would just assign one person to take the time to come here and talk to us and keep us informed, a lot of these long complaining posts might have been avoided.

Some good communication would have gone a long way to avoid all this. All you've done is alienated a lot of hard-working affiliates who just wanted some well-deserved answers to reasonable questions. Good luck getting them back.

Well, apparently people haven't been paid since February and a lot of them depend on LS for their livlihood. Reason enough to rant if you ask me.

The only way NOT to alienate them over this is to pay people when the money is due.

If LS can't do that, I guess, they should not only expect a bit of ranting but also to be dropped from every affiliate site on the net.

This has gone on long enough. I would think if the actual checks aren't in the mail this week everyone effected should start replacing LS links as fast as they can and seeking legal remedy for past monies owed. What else is there to do, anyway?

People have already gone into their savings to ride it out. There is only so much credit that can be extended even to LS. Patience does not pay the bills.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

The best solution for LS to at this time in order to save face is to scrap he new project "Athena" and revive the old reporting and payment system!

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelle
    The best solution for LS to at this time in order to save face is to scrap he new project "Athena" and revive the old reporting and payment system!
    I agree!
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

One of my merchants tried to go to bat for me with Linkshare and see if they could just send me the commissions for March now while Linkshare tries to fix this mess. Linkshare would not agree to send it.

I know merchants shy away from changing networks because they fear they will lose affiliates who don't want to go to all the trouble of changing links or datafeed scripts. I understand that. However, let's look at the problem and communication record for LS over these last several weeks to both affiliates and merchants. Do you really think your good affiliates, those that are making money with your merchant program, are really going to say "Forget You" if you moved to another network? I think most would be very pleased and jump at the chance about now.

Think about it!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I for one would much rather follow a merchant away from either Linkshare, Performics or CJ it would be better for my bottom line if the parasites could not pop up on the links.

I am now steering clear of all three scummy Networks, if a merchant is with them they dont go on my sites it is as easy as that.

Look at it in the long run, with the upcoming court cases it is quite possible the dirty Networks will be shut down then you will have to change your links, my thinking is to pre-empt this.

I can see no way the dirty networks will be allowed to continue in business, they have been told enough times and given ample proof via videos and emails etc that what they are doing is nothing short of aiding and abetting the scumbag parasites to steal and divert our comissions thus they are just as bad as the parasites and hopefully will be treated the same in the Courts of Law.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

15 years and counting
    I was not expecting a message from LinkShare during this week-end but it's 11:30 AM in New York on Monday, no email and not a word on their home page just Bada Bing in the Spring. How many affiliates are frustrated right now?
    What are we suppose to do? Wait for ever. Their whole system is corrupted. Nothing they can do to improve it. LS don't perform as specified in the contract, it's a breach of contract. They have to accept to let their merchants go.

If all the affiliates jump ship, the merchants won't be far behind! I'm sure part of LinkShare's contractual obligation is to provide affiliates for the merchants. They've angered to many affiliates at this point, I doubt there will be very many left by the end of the month, especially given LinkShare's total lack of communication.

The 90% of affiliates who don't regularly earn enough to get a check probably haven't even noticed. Of the rest of us, probably 1% has complained to a merchant and probably 0.1% has dropped Linkshare. As long as Linkshare gets things straightened out soon, I'm sure it will all blow over.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I think MichaelColey is right. Besides all the ranting we do at ABW's Linkshare forum, how many of us actually complain to merchants and follow through with dropping Linkshare?

(I'm close to dropping them, just want 3 merchants to move to another network or go indy as well.... so then I can keep them and be free of linkshare)

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    As long as Linkshare gets things straightened out soon,
    It seems like that's a big "IF," judging by the amount of screwups they've had lately. I think I've seen more anti-Snare flames than ever before, in the last few weeks.

Maybe I should send them a crateful of super-compelling video game CDs, in order to divert their attention even further provide them with some frustration relief
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

So today a whole wack of us get paid (in my case about a 1/3ish of what it is)

Why is it when someone says Dirty....I immeadiatly think of Christina Aguillera??

Anyway....I'd still like some idea of what is going on, you know for the amount of work we are doing, I think it is the right thing to do.

Arent we affiliates the ones that make the whole circle happen?

Isnt that what keeps everyone in business?

If all of that and more is true?

Why are we being treated like second class citizens.....it just doesnt make sense.

It is the little things that make the big difference....Its all about the "C" word

COMMUNICATION......lol I betcha you thought I was gonna say something else......

Do the right thing Linkshare......

Diddys Pizzaria.....A M diddy joint.......

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Maybe I should send them a crateful of super-compelling video game CDs, in order to divert their attention even further provide them with some frustration relief
    I think that's what they are already doing and that is why nothing works at LS.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Diddy
    So today a whole wack of us get paid (in my case about a 1/3ish of what it is)

Why is it when someone says Dirty....I immeadiatly think of Christina Aguillera??

Anyway....I'd still like some idea of what is going on, you know for the amount of work we are doing, I think it is the right thing to do.

Arent we affiliates the ones that make the whole circle happen?

Isnt that what keeps everyone in business?

If all of that and more is true?

Why are we being treated like second class citizens.....it just doesnt make sense.

It is the little things that make the big difference....Its all about the "C" word

COMMUNICATION......lol I betcha you thought I was gonna say something else......

Do the right thing Linkshare......

Diddys Pizzaria.....A M diddy joint.......
    Without affiliates there would be no LS.

Only parasites.

Did you ever see Napoleon Dynamite.....

You just reminded me of KIP.....LOL

Without affiliates there would be no LS.

Only parasites.
    That part is wrong, if there is no affiliates, there will be no network. Why?

Because parasites feed from the honest affiliates. So no affiliates = no network. .....

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    No affiliates leaves just the throat cutting greed driven merchnats to duke it out.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

"Arent we affiliates the ones that make the whole circle happen?"

I used to think so..
    But once actual reality sets in you'll find that we are nothing to the networks..
    we are probably more of a pain in the a$$ to them.. literally..

Affiliates like us are a dime a dozen.. we don't really matter that much..
    it's the parasitic/adware/spyware relationships the networks develope that bring in the REAL money.. we are just another smaller part of it...

A.) Dishonest merchant signs up :: Networks point them to all their nifty parasitic/adware/spyware affiliates..

B.) Honest merchant signs up :: Networks point them to all of us..

They had much rather tell the honest merchants - "look this is how it's done" and just point everyone to their evil affiliates..

The evil parasitic/adware/spyware affiliates probably NEVER complain.. they make so much money they don't have any reason to.. and the networks watch out for them anyway.. I'll bet they get compensated for down time.. and probably all kinds of incentives..

We are just a very small part of a big money machine.. with or without us the networks survive and so do the merchants... and I am positive they had much rather go on ahead without us..

We are just a very small part of a big money machine.. with or without us the networks survive and so do the merchants... and I am positive they had much rather go on ahead without us.
    If this is true, I wonder that they even bother to sign up affiliates in the first place. Wouldn't they just cut us out of the equation completely?

On the otherhand, the fact that they haven't bothered to address all our ranting and raving for the past few days, maybe that's their goal ... to drive us away.

you could not be any more wrong than that: the number and quality of affiliates that a network may "deliver" to a merchant is its single most valuble asset. the moment a network loses that asset, it has no reason to exist.

heisje

Unhappy
    I agree w/addhandler. I'll bet most AM's view complainers on forums like this as irrelevant.,whiny, crybabies. What % of affiliates that sign up ever make any SERIOUS sales for merchants? 1 or 2 out of a hundred? The ones that do make major money will obviously never leave (for that reason). And the % of parasite/stuffer affiliates making major money is probably a lot higher. AM's have to justify their jobs to the boss by bringing in more $ every week/wherever it comes from.
    Many companies dont care that they are driving away future star affiliates and think only short-term.

if you need your merchants to move with you..
    just write the names of them down in an email
    and send it to brian at shareasale....
    with the title please pitch these merchants to move
    to shareasale
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread