All,

As per a great suggestion from happypoon, we have created this new forum for Affiliate Managers to openly declare their disapproval of ParasiteWare™. To ensure the veracity of all listings all posts new topics will be moderated to allow for verification.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

I would like to add our name to the list of merchants who are opposed to parasiteware. I would hope every merchant who has an affiliate program would be as well!

I just found out about the whole Morpheus issue last week, so I missed out on the 1st chance, 2nd chance stuff that happened over the last months. I have been catching up on all the threads here.
    I immediately removed Buyersport from my program. I had no idea who they were and innocently let them into my program a few months ago.

I would rather not worry that my honest hardworking affiliates are getting ripped off than worry about removing one or two parasite or potentially parasitic are allowed in my program.

We run a clean program..we honor our return days, we pay our own affiliates(on time and faster than if I let LS do it for me) and we keep open communication with affiliates. No emails or calls go unaswered.

Patty Altaffer
    Affiliate Manager
    A.K.A. Gourmet

Blair.com and CrossingPointe.com have thousands of strong partnerships through Performics and CJ. It's the diversity of these partners and their feverish desire to succeed that makes our affiliate programs such a huge success.

That being said, Blair.com and CrossingPointe.com have taken a strong stance against parasiteware, as well as any other unethical sites or practices that have the ability to make the playing field unfair to the masses.

I'm sure that Affiliate Managers for other merchants would agree that it's extremely hard to keep track of which affiliates are achieving their goals dishonestly. That's what makes affiliates policing each other and this site so important to a merchant's continued success.

Chris Park
    Blair.com/CrossingPOinte.com

As mentioned in one of my earlier posts (only had 2 to date) Quadratec de-activated Buyersport as our affiliate the day we were made aware of the issue by one of our other affiliates.

The affiliate program was developed to give everyone the same chance building their own websites and develop traffic for the merchants. If one or more affiliates steal traffic from others, this is unacceptable.

Quadratec understands your and our business very well, this is one reason why our cookies last for 45 days. Our products are more expensive and require decision time from the customers. Commissions should go to the site that "fed" us the customer.

I hope other merchants will listen to their affiliates as well and take the neccessary steps.

I will be watching the next couple of weeks to see how our affiliates are working and if removing Buyersport has a negative impact. To date this has not been the case and I don't think it will in the long term.

Henk van Dongen
    Director of E-commerce
    Quadratec Inc
    www.Quadratec.com

Henk@Quadratec.com

It will make it easier for us to find your program and sign up if we want to.

I know it is only a small advantage because we can go to your site and look. But, if we happen to prefere one network over another and see you are one of their merchants, there is a better chance we will start thinking of ways to work you into our sites.

And, if your name and URL don't make it obvious, it wouldn't hurt to mention what kind of merchandise you offer. You are here to support us. We want to support you as best we can as well.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Chris:
    What about Blair's relationship with LimeWire and eBates? Do you consider those to be parasites and will you be dropping them? I'm betting Connie would lump them in but what about Blair? If not, what makes them different than BuyersPort?

You betcha as we say here in Minnesota!
    Ebates totally takes over the affiliate's page and takes the visitor to ebates. My links haven't got a chance if someone has Ebates reminder installed!
    The person doesn't even have to click on anything, it just does it all automatically!
    I would like to see merchants dropping them along with the others. We can't be playing favorites.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    connie, connie, connie....HI

I just wanted to say that it is because of you I started into affiliate marketing. I was surfing around the net a little over 2 yrs ago looking for some way to earn some money from home and came across an article about flamingoworld and you and how much $$ you were making with affiliate marketing....

the rest is history [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] and its great to see you here!

It's more fun to jump on the trampoline than sit underneath it!

quote:
    Originally posted by mrmerchant:
    Chris:
    What about Blair's relationship with LimeWire and eBates? Do you consider those to be parasites and will you be dropping them? I'm betting Connie would lump them in but what about Blair? If not, what makes them different than BuyersPort?

It is my understanding that LimeWire has made modifications to their code to make their practices acceptable to both merchants and affiliates. In regards to Ebates, I'll need to look into how their "download" functions and will get back to you.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread