Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    looking for another company like google's adsense
    I use adsense and fastclick in my web site, chicagotech.net and howtonetworking.com . The average page views are around 10,000 daily in chicagotech.net and 2,000 in howtonetworking.com . The adsense income is 5 times of fastclick. I am looking for another company like google's adsense. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; September 20th, 2005 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Removed spamathon

Just from looking at your chicagotech.net site, it looks like you could gain a substantial amount more Adense revenue by making a few changes.

Try removing the default ad borders so that the ads blend into the background of the page. Also integrate big adsense ads into the content of your site.

Take some time to read up on tips like those, and you'll likely see a big improvement in your CTR.

I don't know if this helps but check it out

http://www.webpronews.com/ebusiness/...urWebsite.html

Vstar

Hi

Thank you for th etips. But, how to "removing the default ad borders"? And, how to integrate big adsense ads into the content of your site?

Change the borders to match the color of your site background. If your site has a white background, just change the borders to white and they will blend.

OK, I got the "removing the default ad borders". I just select white color for the border. I still need to know how to integrate big adsense ads into the content of your site?

Thanks.

Joey,

Thank you for the advice about "removing the default ad borders ". Since then, I got almost double clicks. I still try to figure out what you mean "integrate big adsense ads into the content of your site". That could be another good one. Any examples?

I still try to figure out what you mean "integrate big adsense ads into the content of your site".
    Well, right now all of your ads are off to the side. That's fine, except that generally your visitors will ignore most everything that doesnt involve the core content of your page. So what you can do is place adsense ads directly within your articles. As your visitors read them, they'll also see your adsense ads. (and hopefully click)

The best thing you can do to maximize your Adsense revenue is to try out different ad styles and ad placements to see what works best for you. You can track the success of different ads with Adsense channels.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I still try to figure out what you mean "integrate big adsense ads into the content of your site". That could be another good one. Any examples?
    In this business, examples are usually hard to come by--but this one's easy. Take a look at this MSN page. See the big ad graphic, with the article worked around it? Just imagine an AdSense block there instead...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7908207/
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

It sounds like you are looking for something similar to Adsense to display on the same pages. Keep in mind that Google doesn't allow similar ads to be shown on the same page, it's against their TOS.

But if youare looking for somethng to display on other pages instead of Adsense, Yahoo and MSN will be coming out with similar programs very soon. Fastclick has also launched text links ads.

Hi, when I change the border to match my page color, there is no change, but if I change the background color, then yes, it does look more elegant. Do you think this will increase my revenue? All my Adsense ads are in the heat spot. But I had a light green background to differentiate from my site's light blue background. I am new, only one month with Adsense, BUT I am making money. My site is alos rather new, only one year old and just creeping out of the sandbox. Thanks for any input. I pay close attention to the advice of the members of this forum. .

OK, I see it now. In Front Page, I could not see the border, but online, yes I see the border color change. It looks a lot more elegant. Now, if I could make the print size larger...Great idea to change the color of the border and background...THANKS!!

I now have a white background and real pale blue borders which exactly match my site background color. Now, it is easier to read and looks GREAT! THANKS A TON!!

update

Since the changes I made (thanks to people's tips here), the revenue goes up almost triple without increase page reviews. Now, how can you increase the page view or attract more visitors?

Thank you very much.

Axill
    did you try axill strips?

Has anyone tried adbrite?

I tried AdBrite with not much success recently either as a buyer or seller. It seems to be quite hard to "connect" advertisers with sites because I think AdBrite doesn't quite have the critical mass of AdSense.

Either way though, I think a "broker" approach is easier than dealing with advertisers directly.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

what does axill strips do?

Actually, Google is now running CPM advertising through AdWords - so it's possible for a potential advertised to bid on space on your site directly.

I'm just trying this out now - minimum cost in the UK is 1/1000 impressions. You can use graphical elements as well as text ones.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

Just my 2 cents, my adsense clicks go way up when the boarder is gone.

I am planning to use AdWirds, can anyone give some tips?

Anyone know when the other companies (yahoo, msn, etc.) will be coming out with their adsense type ads? Just curious really, adsense does very well on my site so I doubt I would change unless the new ones pay substantially higher...

Good news, Yahoo publisher network beta is available. I will post back after testing it. More information can be found here:

http://publisher.yahoo.com/
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; September 20th, 2005 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Removed spam link

what is yahoo publisher network? cpa?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Yahoo's AdSense type program is still in beta but working well on my site. It's another option, although much the same as Google so you'd just be replacing eggs with eggs.

I do notice that Yahoo payouts are much higher than Google, for now anyway. Competition is good. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast